CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by age: 30-35
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

I actually couldnt writte a review on the website I got this little item from,so I went online to find somewhere else to writte it!!!
I have to say that this is the far best make up product i bought that is def worth the money and I have been extremely happy with it.
Its all i ever looked for in a bronzer type of product. Its easy to use,almost a little to easy.
It makes your skin look, healthy,glowing,young,gorgeus.
I dont contour with this,I bronze my face with it and i dont use any powder bronzer over it as some people do. Wich I m sure you could do if you feel the need for it.
My skin is normal to dry,i have medium skin tone and would say im somewhere around Nc 30-in Mac foundation for reference. It shows nice on my skin,not too much cause I dont like that fake tanned look,this is natural and perfect. For darker skin tones this could be used as a make up base,to mix in with ur foundation.
Im not sure how this would act on really pale skin,would it turn orangey? Not sure,but so far Im over the moon with this purchase!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This bronzer is very good. It is a big container with an ounce of product. This bronzer is very creamy and just blends well with my olive tone skin. I am very apprehensive on buying brozers because other bronzers that I have used that are all the hype on Youtube are powdery and some of them look ashy. Ay Ay Ay! They just do not compare with the quality of this product. It looks and feels buttery on the skin and does not look muddy. From the few bronzers I have this is the best one so far.

on 1/1/2016 3:14:00 PM

The most gorgeous bronzer I'd ever used in my life.
Unfortunately if gives me tiny red bumps :,(

Parting with this was one of the most difficult things if ever done (ok im definitely being dramatic BUT in the makeup world-- this was tough to quit).

The packaging is luxe and gorgeous. You get a full 1pz of product which is ginormous-- so this actually isn't even that costly bc it's about twice as much bronzer as other brands.

I love this so so much and think about repurchasing all the time. I wish so hard this didn't cause a rash for me

I bought this product a little over a week ago. I traditionally wear powder bronzers, so this was a new concept for me. Definitely on the pricier side($48) but you get a ton of product! I am an NC 25 and when I first started playing with this product it looked too dark and orangy . When I first applied it , I placed it on top of my foundation and powder, wow what a mistake! It looked streaky and awful no matter how much I blended it. I thought great, I'm going to have to return this stuff. Then I decided to first put on my primer and foundation, then place the product followed by my powder. I used a contour brush and applied to hollows of my cheeks and at my hair line. I will admit at first you look like a clown but then I dusted my powder foundation (I use like a setting powder) over my face with a big kabuki and it blends SO beautifully! I follow with my blush and it looks Amazing! I work very long days, my makeup is usually on for 14-15 hrs so I wondered how this would hold up. My skin is combination but can get pretty oily at times. I have to say this stuff holds up like a dream . When set with a powder, it is a beautiful matte finish that doesn't budge or move. It stays even and doesn't become splotchy. I have been using this every day for a little over a week, still loving it, and NO breakouts! I have also been using as a base for my eyeshadow to add a nice fall tone to my brown and taupes.

on 3/14/2015 4:42:00 AM

I absolutely love this stuff! This bronzer is so different to all other bronzers on the market; it is so subtle, natural and not overloaded with shimmer. I held off buying this for a year but finally took the plunge and bought it a few weeks ago; mainly because it costs AUD67. Now that I own it and have used it almost daily, I can say it is well worth the money. The product provides a very subtle bronze/glow, like you've been sitting in the sun for a few hours. It just makes the skin look so healthy! You can use this for a subtle contour but don't expect the hardcore definition that the Kardashians sport; hence making it perfect for the weekend/minimal makeup look. The packaging is a shallow but wide circular container and the product is a harden mousse like texture that can be difficult to pick up on the brush (which is a good thing to me as there is not a lot of wastage). As you need so little of it to get the desired tanned glowy look, I can see that this will last a long, long time. I absolutely love this and will definitely recommend and repurchase!

on 1/8/2015 10:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This review is based primarily on the ingredients versus the finish/cosmetic use. I wanted to love this but I'm not thrilled with the ingredient listing. The finish is beautiful, but it's made of potentially harmful ingredients-first ingredient-meaning largest component - is cyclopentasiloxane, which is often used as a CHEAP alternative to vegetable glycerin. It also includes (but to a lesser extent) BHT; both are known to be disruptive to endocrine systems, wildlife/eco systems, and also possible cancer-causing agents. I'm actually pretty okay with a lot of not-so-natural stuff (to a point) and- to be fair- you see these ingredients often in cosmetics (there is worse out there), but I try to avoid BHT altogether and I want to see compounds like cyclopentasiloxanes later in the ingredient list, if at all. Yes it's beautiful...but the ingredients just don't read "luxury" to me, especially at its $48 price.

I hope Chanel reformulates this soon; the ingredients are cheap and lack the skin loving ingredients I expect from a high-end company.

I give it three stars for the product amount, packaging, and wear/finish (regardless of ingredients).

This is my second Bronzer after NARSissist, I don't know about the glow people were raving about it, but this Soleil Tan de Chanel gave me the right subtle dimension as bronzing make up base should be. I'm NW20, using N20 for Chanel's.

I'm not into bronzer before, since fair skin is adored here, but then I knew that I had a bit dead face until the bronzer touched my cheek. Even wwithout make up on, I swirl a bit this lovely bronzer to add dimension and slimmer cheek..

This bronzer is available only in one color, but I think suitable for most skin colors and type. The case is sturdy and lovely, rounded case like Poudre Universelle Libre, but shorter. I just wish Chanel provide us with the brush. I'm using this with Sigma Kabuki. The smell is just like Chanel's, and I didn't develop any allergic reaction on it, eventhough I have very sensitive acne prone with combination skin, tends to very oily at T-zone.

Luv, luv, and definitely will buy again, altough the Le Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-color seems tempting. For the price I bought at Soetta's Duty Free, it's definitely well-worth since it will take a year more to hit the pan.

I know a lot of people luv this... i so want to love it and tried to give it a chance but it just takes away the glow/ freshness out from my skin. Looks jaundiced yellowish on me as if I have liver problems.I still think that a warm Peachy blush is the best bronzer for fair skin, just me....

on 1/10/2013 9:54:00 AM

I simply adore the look of this bronzer. I use it mainly to contour because it is very subtle and natural looking.

Unfortunately, one (or more) of the ingredients does not agree with my skin. When I use this I get tiny bumps on my cheeks where I've contoured.

Such a shame because it is a really beautiful product. Never turns orange on my skin, nor is it too shimmery.

on 10/13/2012 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just love this bronzer, I've been looking for it for about 6 or 7 years...this color that is. I don't have anything new to add to the other five star reviews, but a few thoughts on the color...
I'm extremely fair with oily, sensitive skin (prone to cheek redness/flushing), and I have always been on the quest for a great bronzer to just warm me up but not be too dark on my pale skin. I specifically wanted something peachy-with orange undertones. I cannot wear powder blushes or bronzers as they darken significantly on me after only an hour or two. I thought I had found what I was looking for with the NARS Multiple in Tuomota, but this product was discontinued. I thought I should purchase some backups left on ebay and Amazon but wanted to check out the Chanel first. I brought what I had left of the NARS product to a Chanel counter and was amazed at how peachy warm this bronzer was compared to significant red undertones in Tuomota-those red tones only became apparent when next to the Soleil Tan de Chanel, but it was enough for me to know I didn't want to hunt for what was left of a discontinued product. I threw out the NARS and bought the Chanel.
I know some people really hate bronzers with an orange cast, if you are one of those people, you will not like this. In my opinion orange is too harsh a term, to me it's peachy, but if you don't like that look you won't be happy with Soleil Tan de Chanel. This product also is not going to be dark enough for some medium complexions and darker. I love that you can really build the intensity, so I can wear it in the dead of winter one way and in the summer when I have a little color. If you are looking for a bronzer, this is definitely worth checking out at the counter at least. I was surprised. Also, great finish, wears well, easy to apply with fingers or brush. Youtube has great videos.
Good luck to you on your perfect bronzer quest!