CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

Filtered by age: 19-24
CHANEL Soleil Tan de Chanel Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Okay. It says that this product gives a matte finish in the description. But today when I was looking in the mirror while using my phone’s flashlight to really take a good look at this bronzer on my face, it is SHIMMERY AF!!! And guess what, I fcking HATE glittery particles on my face with the exception of highlights. I feel deceived. And besides that, I use this for contouring and even though I’m not that pale, this bronzer looks freaking orange on me. However, the packaging is pretty luxurious indeed

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I probably reach for this product more than anything else in my makeup stash -- even foundation! Bare skin or full face, I always dab a little bit of Soleil Tan de Chanel on. It adds the perfect amount of warmth to the skin and has a consistency that blends into the most natural finish.

The formula is moussey and a little bit creamy, and very forgiving. It's kind of that perfect place between a gel and a cream, and you can basically sheer this out as much as you would like. Pigmentation is light but not insubstantial. It has color, but it blends out subtlely. It is buildable. On the skin, this feels light and nonexistent. If I'm not wearing other base makeup, it's easy to forget I even have bronzer on!

This doesn't work for me as a contour, and I only contour once in a blue moon, anyways. I've seen people with pale complexions use this for some light chiseling, but I only use this to add warmth to my face where some sun exposure would naturally tan me -- and I add warmth every day as long as I leave the house to some capacity. If I'm skipping the heavy eyeshadow or eyeliner, I also use this to warm up my eyelids and bring my whole look together. Here's basically what I do:

Using my fingers, I 'scoop' a tiny bit out (like a generous swatch where there just a little extra sticking to your fingers) and then I dab most of the bronzer on the bridge of my nose and along the tops of my cheeks, concentrating most of the bronzer in that cheek area right by my nose. Basically, if you've ever used blackhead strips, I dab the bronzer in that general area, but maybe a little further out as well. And then I just blend it out with a tapered brush without worrying too much about keeping within any boundaries. The formula is pretty foolproof and totally forgiving. It would take some serious work to mess up. Any remainder, I'll blend along my forehead and chin. If I'm doing eyes, I'll just dip my ring fingers and then tap it all over my lids. And honestly, I'll just rub this on wherever else I'm feeling that day, as well.

I can't picture my routine without this product. It's easy, it's versatile, it's natural looking, and it's lasted me so long. Because I'm always digging into this, it does collect some minute dust and lint, though nothing that's compromised the formula or affected application. Of course, I use clean fingers when I dip in :)

To cover some other bases:

Pricing -- $50 isn't absolutely terrible for a high-end bronzer (Guerlain or Tom Ford, anyone??), especially considering you get a ton of product and a little goes a long way. I'm willing to splurge, especially because I've saved money I very nearly spent on other bronzers, if not for the knowledge that I had my Chanel puck waiting for me at home. If that seems ridiculous to you, though, Sonia Kashuk has a pretty good dupe, and so does Bourjois (though that may have been discontinued)

Packaging -- The packaging is to die for -- sturdy and round and pretty big, with the signature Chanel look. It's like a giant glamorous puck. Straightforward. Classy. Not necessarily travel-friendly because it's so big. There's a second lid inside with a tab to lift it. If you accidentally replace the lid with the tab facing inwards, getting it out is hard.

PROS
- Easy to play with
- Versatile and forgiving
- So natural looking
- Warm toned without becoming orange
- Luxe feel
- Pretty scent -- standard Chanel fragrance (but fragrance might be a con for others!)

CONS
- Only one shade available, and it's not universal to all skin tones
- Fragrance might cause irritation for people with very sensitive skin
- It's a cream product, so it can attract lint and small debris, but nothing horrible
- Big puck, so it's not super travel-friendly
- Not dark or pigmented enough for most contouring

on 3/15/2018 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was reluctant to return this product because I couldn’t find anything quite like it; it has a cream to powder formula that looks so smooth on the skin. It has a slight gold shimmer in the container, but it doesn’t show up on the skin. The scent and packaging are both so lovely and this can honestly last you for years because you only need the smallest amount to be bronzed. My problem is that this is too warm for me; it makes me look orangey-brown and I have a warmer undertone with light-medium skin. If Chanel would release another shade that is more cool toned, I would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far my favourite Chanel beauty product. I decided to invest in a cream contour/ bronzing product.
This tub has lasted me so long and always applys so smoothly. It is easy and natural to blend into a variety of foundations.

I found that it works best with the prolongwear foundation. I would really highly recommend & look forward to purchasing again in the future.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Love love love. Price is great for Chanel, everything about the formula is amazing and smells great. Wish it was a little darker but definitely a staple in my makeup.

I hate how much I love this. This is an absolutely beautiful bronzer. It has more yellow than orange undertones, which is great because it'll be very hard for you to look like an oompa loompa, it's just so much more natural. It may sound weird, but I personally prefer applying this product with a stippling brush instead of the usual fluffy brush, since it's a cream product. I find it gives a really precise yet natural application. It's definitely an expensive product, but for the amount you get, as well as the quality of what you get, I would say it's totally worth it.

on 7/31/2017 10:53:00 AM

This is the best bronzer I have ever tried. It gives you the most natural bronze-y look. Too bad that it only comes in one shade.

on 7/16/2017 9:54:00 AM

Stunning bronzer! Will not part from this one! Buildable semi-rich colour that blends into the skin subtly and naturally without being too intense!! Perfect for normal to dry skin and combo! No problems with my oily t zone!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a Christmas gift ladt year, at first I was not a fan at all I felt that it made me look to orange. After playing around with it & trying new ways to apply it I'm in love. The best way I found to apply it is use a brush to distribute it on your face then go in witha beauty blender. this makes it look effortless and absolutely stunning. I am obsessed if you think it is to orange for your skin tone definitely keep playing with it , try the beauty blender since it diffuses some of the product In the blending process.

on 10/29/2016 10:56:00 AM

My first purchase from Chanel beauty brand and one of the best high end bronzer products in the market in my opinion!

A bit of background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user and blemish / acne prone. I prefer wearing full faced makeup, and i live in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

Shade comparisons:
- NC35 MAC pro longwear
- Estee lauder Double wear foundation 3w1 Tawny

Pros:
+ packaging is sleek, convenient, feels luxurious
+ a little product goes a very long way
+ long lasting
+ easy to blend
+ buildable coverage
+ nice light scent, not too overpowering

Cons:
- literally none (except the price probably but Chanel is a high end brand so i can't argue with that)

This product is extremely blendable, and doesn't give you any patchiness! I usually use my Real Techinques foundation buffing brush to buff the product or with my damp beauty blender. Both methods work quite well and i think it depends on your preference!

I have medium skin and even though this bronzer only comes in one colour, I could still see the product on my skin and gave me a very nice, subtle warm bronze look. You can definitely build up the coverage if you want to and still looks natural and not too overdone.

I have oily combo skin and usually i will get oily throughout the day, however i can still see my bronzer very well and not sliding off my face! I do recommend setting it with a powder based bronzer (i used the stila's stay all day bronzer) to lightly set it and it works just fine for me.

Overall i think its a great product and i used it more than 5 times and i barely scratched the surface, so i'm guessing this will last me a few years but i've never been so pleased by a product!

The only thing that would hinder me from purchasing would be the price, as i live outside of US and i paid $100 for this item, but considering the usage and the quality of the product, i think i'd still repurchase if i ever run out of it. So i'm giving it a 4/5 (because of its hefty price).

Hope this helps!