Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - Protective Recovery Complex

Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair - Protective Recovery Complex

3.9

Water\Aqua\EAU, Bifida Ferment Lysate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Peg-75, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Glycereth-26, Cola Acuminata (kola) Extract, Squalane, Sodium RNA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Panthine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Oleth-3, Oleth-5, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile), Caffeine, Choleth-24, Ceteth-24, Xanthan Gum, Tea-Carbomer, Ethyhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Bht, Trisodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Green 5 (CI 61570), Red 4 (CI 14700)

I was gifted two bottles of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and honestly don't see the hype. I have dehydrated skin and was hopeful ANR would improve my overall skin condition. I've used both bottles and here's my thoughts on ANR. There's not much of a scent and it feels a bit oily and tacky while applying it on skin but strangely enough does not moisturize (skin was still dry).The ingredient list was a letdown with nothing to indicate actual skin brightening or wrinkle prevention (peptides, vitamin C, AHA, niacinamide...etc). I also experienced an upsurge in closed comedones that only stopped appearing after my bottles emptied. However, YMMV and I do use the jar and pipette to measure out essential oils.

I first decided to try this product because I was concerned about the environmental damage on my skin during the day and the fact that I was barely getting enough sleep. So I was looking for something that would prevent signs of premature aging. I did do a lot of research on products out there until I finally decided to try Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair Serum.

I have been using this product every night for over a year now and I can see that this product has helped my skin a lot. My skin feels a lot smoother in the morning and I have gotten rid of pimples (I still get 3-4 pimples but it is far less than one year ago).

My routine is to apply 5 dots on different face areas and I find that the product is easy to spread. It literally glides across the face.

While the product is on the high end, this bottle has lasted me over a year! So I totally think it was a well-worth purchase. I will definitely be repurchasing another bottle when this runs out.

To Read all 116 Reviews, Login or Join

I honestly wanted to like this product. Let me just state, i find estee lauder very low quality. Especially since this brand wants to be on the "high-end" spectrum(haha). A couple years ago, they decided to reformulate the double wear foundation and take out the SPF! I want protection (i have 3 bottles unused foundation now, the color range is off, i tried mixing and matching, and i wanted to like the reformulated foundation too, that is why i added it to my makeup storage), from UVA/UVB rays, being that i am very european, fair-skinned, lighter features, i need all of the protection i can acquire. Now, i only wear foundation at nights when i am going out (either giorgio armani & ysl touche eclat user-- for a dewy, glowy look, or kat von d for a matte full coverage look at nights when i am going somewhere). I do not like thick foundations, full coverage only when i want a matte look or my face is red-- and i was a faithful user of estee lauder dw..until they reformulated it, now i love kat von d... anyways, i have very reactive, sensitive skin. I wear high spf moisturizers(thanks philosophy and murad). So, i thought why not switch up my nightly rituals and try estee lauder night repair. Big mistake. I tried this for a week, and no differences. It actually made my skin more dehydrated. Now, this product claims to have hyaluronic acid in it; which is wonderful for moisturizing skin, as this has properties to trap in the moisture. It also contains Lactobacillus ,which is yeast. yeast is contained in this to brighten and tighten the skin i am assuming. However,Tripeptide is not contained in it? Why not. My skin is on the drier/normal side. I used to do facial peels years ago to brighten (peter thomas roth--would not recommend). Thankfully, i have good skin days most of the time, so i don't wear any makeup during the day (which by the way is the best anti-aging remedy, i just turned 25 in august, people still think i am 16-17 years old without makeup , i attribute this to good genes thanks mommah, and no sun most of my life on my face! I feel like a vampire, i refuse to go out of the house without major amounts of moisturizer, SPF, and/or hat in the daytime HAHA. I really would not recommend this product, it does sound that the prior formulation was again, better. Doesn't surprise me with this brand. I will be using this up and not buying again. I will invest in a moisturizer with glycolic acid most likely in the philosophy line, or branch off into the lancome or clarins line ( i have had good experiences with clarins in the past). Would not recommend this product if you have dry skin. Sorry for sounding so prissy, but when $$ is involved i am hyper vigilant, and protective( i work hard for my $$$) .But i really would deter anyone from buying this product. It has very cheap substitutes incorporated in it. The only upside of this purchase, was the fact i received a Lilly Pulitizer bag with it. And the lawd only knows how much i love Lily Pulitizer.

on 2/11/2015 8:41:00 PM

Ive bee using this for over 2 years, and so far I can say I like it, honestly I have stop using it therefore I can not say what happens when im no using it, but so far I liek the results.
It is soo easy to apply, and one jar goes a loooong way, have had mine for a year now, and still have plenty of product left..

I received samples of this when I boughta gift for my Mom from EL. For the first few uses, I liked it--made my skin less oily but gave me a glow in the mornings, but then suddenly it made me itch and broke me out so I discontinued using it.

on 12/7/2014 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one my my fav serum. I tried others like Kiehls whitening serum or haba white lady , however I always go back to this. I have use it since 5 years ago and it is one of my must use skin care.

It keeps my skin glows and somehow even tot I'm already 30 , I believe this serum keeps my skin from wrinkles .

on 12/4/2014 2:58:00 AM

I had the make over at the counter and she recommend this for my skin type.

I have combination skin, T zone, dull dewy, dehydrated cheeks. Very sensitive skin and eyes.

The bottle is lovely and the tiny pump is good. A couple of drop is only needed. I don't notice much of a smell. The liquid is very light and appears non greasy. I massaged this into my face very lightly. Took a few minutes for my skin to absorb it. My skin felt smooth and soft. I didn't itch but too close to the eyes made my eyes water. The next day my skin looked lovely and a bit hydrated. Over the week I developed small spots just above my jaw line (never had them there before) but I didn't get them on my chin which is where I always get them lol.

After a few weeks, nothing much changed with my skin. Yes it felt smooth and nice, it didn't look full hydrated on my cheeks. For 35.00 for the small bottle I would of expected more. Maybe if you don't have my skin type then it might do more?

I don't think you should be buy this then adding it to a cream. If a cream or serum doesn't do anything on it's own, then it's not the right one.

I have kept the bottle as once a month I use the serum (lots) when I do my facial massage which helps not to drag the skin. Apart from that it has no impact on my skin and no change.

on 7/29/2014 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I initially tried this simply because I received a sample as a gift with purchase when I was buying some Estee Lauder foundation. The sample was big enough to allow me to apply it for about 2 weeks, and I was really shocked at the results, as I honestly had not been expecting much. I have have always had texture and tone issues with my skin, due to the fact that my skin is sensitive (often looks red and not smooth) and old acne scars. This serum really helped minimize redness and bumpiness, and my skin just smoother and glowier over all. I even had several friends comment on how good my skin looked, and one said to me "It almost doesn't look real". I never thought I would pay this much for skincare, but after such dramatic results, I couldn't resist. A little does go a long way (two drops should do your whole face) so that does help offset the cost a bit.

on 7/23/2014 9:01:00 PM

I have been using this for 2 months . It did even my skin tone and moisturize my skin. But the price is a bit pricey .

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Best night serum ever, I use it every night in combination with Midnight recovery concentrate from kiehls and I wake up with really good results these 2 serums are staples in my night care routine

Popular Face Skincare Products