Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

3.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even with my oily skin, this was too drying...it's texture was like watered down toothpaste (sort of gritty). Also, though it smells really good, I don't think that fragrance (especially this high amount) belongs on the face.

on 12/29/2011 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm not a huge serum expert but this is an instant HG for me. I got a free sample in summer, wore it a few times and liked it so much that I purchased the full-sized product and have been wearing it every day every since for the past 2 months. It has made my skin clearer, smoother and suppler. Have just bought a back-up, it's so good I don't want to be left without for even a day...

I have pretty good skin to start with, I'm 38, no major lines, normal/dry, occasional flakiness and the odd hormonal breakout. Most moisturizers are too comedogenic for my skin, they tend increase acne, but this product doesn't clog my skin. This product is hydrating enough so I won't need moisturizer (and after using this in the morning, night cream is optional). It also creates a perfect canvas for makeup, it also dries quickly. I'm a fan of longwearing foundations and they tend to be drying if I don't hydrate my skin well enough. This stuff does the job.

I don't usually love perfumes in cosmetics, but this one smells lovely and doesn't irritate. (Genifique did nothing to me and smelled too strong.) My only gripe is that I cannot see how much product is left - but the pump is lovely.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Hydra Beauty Srum comes to replace the Hydra Max Prcision Srum - they are gradually eliminating the word "Prcision " previously included in their skincare line... (they did the same with Sublimage) Prcision being phased out.
Got a ton of Hydra Beauty Srum samples this spring ( the equivalent of a full sized item) and I can now review it.
The claim of this product is that it is based on the Camellia Japonica flower - the one loved by Coco - for its capability of retianing water and its antiageing properties. I have read in a beauty article that they grew up a plantation of camellias from the very plant (!!?) Coco Chanel had in her apartment, and that plantantion they used for extracting the active ingredients for this Hydra Beauty Srum
(well I don't believe a single word: for an industrial, worldwide mass production a single plantation for the essential oils is ridiculous and overly expensive. Ingredients are bought bulk by specialized chemical companies, that's it. The story was entertaining but thanks,we don't buy it!!!).
Back to the point. There is another active, the Blue Ginger PFA, that regulates the skin's defense system , offering a shield. This serum is a lovely emulsion very fast absorbed, very loved by the skin - it soakes in literally. Leave your skin fresh and rested, glowing.
On the mid-long term, i have to say that it boosts hydration on my skin, as it is visibilly plumper.
I use it in the place of my normal moisturizer. I have noticed hat if I add this serum to my moisturizer (an foundation on top) it is a tad too much and can get oilier than usual.
In fact, it contains glycerine as the 5th ingredient and contains oils as well. That is to say is it not a pure water based serum but it has nourishing properties. Basically, it is a light , complete moisturizer on its own.
So I would recommend to use it alone in summer at least, replacing your normal moisturizer.
Love the smell - a fresh fruity flowery smell - not offensive but present: mind you, I love my skincare to be perfumed, so if you are allergic to fragrance in products, test it beforehand.
Splendid, sleek, elegant Chanel bottle, as usual.
All in all, I like. I like less the price tag... it sets you back some 70 Euros for 30 ml.
Really worth a try !