Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

3.9

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even with my oily skin, this was too drying...it's texture was like watered down toothpaste (sort of gritty). Also, though it smells really good, I don't think that fragrance (especially this high amount) belongs on the face.

I got this as a gift from a friend who works for Chanel with rave reviews. However, when I used it, I was underwhelmed.
I have dry skin, so the serum was not nearly as moisturizing as I needed it to be. I also noticed that in some areas of my face I felt a burning sensation after applying. The smell, however, is just amazing. If I could bottle the scent and use as a perfume I would!
That being said, with the amount of fragrance, it is probably not a good idea for those with sensitive skin.

on 10/21/2013 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i love this serum. to be fair, i havent ever used another serum, so i hesitate to give it five stars without comparing it to anything else. i could also say that im removing one star because its heavily fragranced and they could definitely tone that down a bit.

anywho, its a great serum. i love how it makes my skin feel. my skin drinks it up right away and it feels super smooth and even. i apply it with hydra beauty eye gel before putting on my moisturizer. it makes my skin feel a little plumper, a little smoother, even gives it a little glow (maybe im dreaming, who knows..)... in any case, ever since my SA at chanel told me about it and gave me a sample to try, it has become by fav product to use every day/night. my skin looks more refreshed in general.

i use it with the chanel resynchronizing skincare line, but im starting to think it might give better results with the hydra beauty creme. something to try in the future.

the packaging is great: the usual simple, minimalist chanel packaging and each squirt is the perfect amount.

as i mentioned at the beginning of my review, the only thing i would change is the fragrance. its a bit too strong. not recommended for people who are sensitive to fragrance. also, as other reviewers have mentioned, this serum contains alcohol. i dont always consider that a bad thing, but just fyi.

on 11/19/2012 7:05:00 AM

First off, i've been quite a big fan of Chanel skincare over the years, especially their 'Precision' range, but for the past couple of years i've been heavily using products by La Prairie, Creme De La Mer and Sisley. This serum, which is a rather milky lotion type of serum, definitely provides instant plumping, which is great, but when compared to the texture and feel of La Prairie serums its like comparing water with Champagne. The La Prairie serums are totally on another level (but then so is the price). An okay product.

on 7/23/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the winter my face gets very dry, even in my T-zone (which gets oily and dry/flaky simultaneously). This is the first thing I put on my face after my face cleanser system (skipping/ or before the system's moisturizer) and it is my HG product! It feels light, smells wonderful, and moisturizes at the same time as it allows your usual moisturizer to work better. It costs the clothes off my back, but it feels worth it!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works well on my combination skin. I use it day and night and it leaves my skin so well hydrated and matte all day. It smells great (like all Chanel products). It is expensive but a little goes a long way so the 50ML bottle should last a good 4 months.

-UPDATE-
Wow, can't believe this actually lasted a year... I still have a quarter of product left and I have been using it religiously for a year. Honestly, this product has done nothing for my skin. I'm just going to use the remainder and then I'll be on the market for a better skincare brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Little background of my skin; I am 18 years old and have generally normal skin, with dry patches on my chin, nose and under eye area. I have hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks, but hardly ever break out. I got a sample of this product when I purchased the Chanel Bronze Universel (which is my new HG bronzer btw), so I decided to try the Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum out today. This was the first thing I put on my face with my fingers (thin layer all over including my under eye area). I then waited for it to absorb and followed through with my Aveno Ultra Calming daily moisturizer, then a primer. The main areas I want to see results from this Chanel product is on my chin, nose and under eye area as those are the dry places of my face. I followed through with MAC face/body foundation, then Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I usually only use the Estee Lauder where I need more coverage (cheeks, nose and chin), but it always dries my skin out. The reason I still use it is because it is the most long lasting foundation I have found, and with other foundations that claim to be long lasting, I always find something else wrong with them. I also use Benefit's erase paste under my eyes as I have horrid genetic dark circles. It is the only concealer I have found that covers up my dark circles, but always creases so badly and gets dry when set with powder (and If i dont set it with powder it will slide right off). I set everything with my MAC msf natural. It's been about an hour since I did my face makeup, and I must say, Im so happy! Overwhelmed! My chin hasn't cracked or gotten the least bit dry, it looks perfect! My nose isn't dry either, and to my biggest disbelief, my benefit erase paste has not creased one bit under my eyes (It ALWAYS creases like a nightmare, but not even a little now). I will report back at the end of the day, but already I want to go out and buy a full size because I am so happy with it. I definitely recommend it for everyone with dry skin. Oily skin people maybe stay away from it. My new HG product. Will definitely repurchase, despite it being so expensive.