Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received a few genrous sized samples of this serum and so, I was happy to try it. It is nice, but may not convene to many others out there. The scent is so lovely, and the texture is a light and liquidy airy type of lotion. A little spreads quickly and easily over the skin. I do think it provides a radiance effect and a light hydration. I used this over my Clarins Huile Lotus facial oil (which I use before serum and/or moisturiser daily). I like that it gives just a light veil of hydration and radiance overtop my oil. For a pricey serum that claims to hydrate, I am surprised that it is not more moisturising. Given that I use it over my facial oil (& I have sensitive combination skin), that was fine for me. I would not recommend this to anyone looking for much hydration from it though.

My only real problem with it is that it stings my skin quite a bit upon application. The sting dissipates, but it is really not pleasant. I do have sensitive skin that does not tolerate alcohol in skincare though, so this may not be an issue for some but I felt it was worth mentioning for those of you with skin also sensitive (or particularly sensitive to alcohol). On the flip side, it has not broken me out (surprisingly), so it is just the initial painful sting that really doesn't work for me.

on 10/22/2012 7:25:00 AM

I love how this product feels on my skin. I have dry/combination skin these days and this serum feels light, non greasy and absorbs easily into my skin.
The scent is lovely. Product hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin in any way (even though I noticed another reviewer said one of the main ingredients was alcohol. I've lost the ingredients list so can't check)

Very happy and will repurchase

on 5/11/2012 12:21:00 AM

I bought this, and then I checked the box and saw that the number 2 ingredient is alcohol. Plain alcohol (not even the vegetable kind). That really can't be good.

Also, the good ingredients are at the bottom of the list. I use the Hydra Beauty Cream, but I can't bring myself to even try the serum. It's getting returned tomorrow.

on 12/29/2011 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm not a huge serum expert but this is an instant HG for me. I got a free sample in summer, wore it a few times and liked it so much that I purchased the full-sized product and have been wearing it every day every since for the past 2 months. It has made my skin clearer, smoother and suppler. Have just bought a back-up, it's so good I don't want to be left without for even a day...

I have pretty good skin to start with, I'm 38, no major lines, normal/dry, occasional flakiness and the odd hormonal breakout. Most moisturizers are too comedogenic for my skin, they tend increase acne, but this product doesn't clog my skin. This product is hydrating enough so I won't need moisturizer (and after using this in the morning, night cream is optional). It also creates a perfect canvas for makeup, it also dries quickly. I'm a fan of longwearing foundations and they tend to be drying if I don't hydrate my skin well enough. This stuff does the job.

I don't usually love perfumes in cosmetics, but this one smells lovely and doesn't irritate. (Genifique did nothing to me and smelled too strong.) My only gripe is that I cannot see how much product is left - but the pump is lovely.

Having used the Hydra Max+ Active serum for quite some time, this is the new replacement item for it. The packaging is still more or less the same just the pump now is opaque which means I can't see how much is left *tricky*

The smell is lovely and fresh, a white floral scent. The gel-like emulsion is now a creamy white reminiscine of the white camellia flower on the poster. Texture-wise this is alot lighter than the previous serum and has a more watery touch on the skin. Penerated quickly into skin did not leave any heavy feeling. Overall pleasent feeling.

Used for a week: Skin is more plump with moisture and not feel so tight aound my mouth area (i tend to flake ard the mouth). Also the dehydration lines around my eyes have lessen and when I smile the eyes did not crease as much. It is hot weather on my end now (96 F) most days thus I did this with just a sunblock and no moisturizer then my MU base and foundation. Glad it did not add shine nor make the MU slide around.

Overall verdict is thumbs up. No breakout, no oily feel which is very impt for me.