Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by hair type : Other
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

4.2

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have a dry skin and lately my skin was so dry that I decided to try chanel hydra serum. The packaging is very nice and the product smells nice I was worried it would have a very strong sent like many of chanel products. For some reason I expected the serum to be more like gel but it was like light cream anyways the serum is hydrating but I expected a more hydrating product, for my dry skin it didn't solve my problem but that was before I discovered chanel le lift cream rich which solved my problem with super super dry skin.
I think it's good for a normal to dry skin but not dry to very dry skin.
I wouldn't purchase it again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous, rich serum, divinely scented, melts into your skin that immediately feels softer and less dry. I've tried many serums but this one is the best and my skin looks and feels better than using anything else. Beautifully packaged, the only downside is the cost but the perfect product when you need a treat or when your skin needs some extra TLC.

on 1/27/2013 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Regarding the use of alcohol in this serum (or any other serum) --- alcohol functions as a barrier to lock moisture in because oil and water do not mix. So the use of alcohol isn't necessarily a deal breaker.

That said, this is a lightweight moisturizer with a small amount of antioxidants and silicones. Packaging, texture and scent is lovely.

If you need minimal moisture and you love prestige packaging, Hydra Beauty would be a decent choice.

I got mine free, so I use it casually.

I have just been to the Chanel counter and the assistant applied this before trying on a foundation. Wow! My face felt like it was full of moisture, it felt amazing. Will be buying this soon for sure!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Hydra Beauty Srum comes to replace the Hydra Max Prcision Srum - they are gradually eliminating the word "Prcision " previously included in their skincare line... (they did the same with Sublimage) Prcision being phased out.
Got a ton of Hydra Beauty Srum samples this spring ( the equivalent of a full sized item) and I can now review it.
The claim of this product is that it is based on the Camellia Japonica flower - the one loved by Coco - for its capability of retianing water and its antiageing properties. I have read in a beauty article that they grew up a plantation of camellias from the very plant (!!?) Coco Chanel had in her apartment, and that plantantion they used for extracting the active ingredients for this Hydra Beauty Srum
(well I don't believe a single word: for an industrial, worldwide mass production a single plantation for the essential oils is ridiculous and overly expensive. Ingredients are bought bulk by specialized chemical companies, that's it. The story was entertaining but thanks,we don't buy it!!!).
Back to the point. There is another active, the Blue Ginger PFA, that regulates the skin's defense system , offering a shield. This serum is a lovely emulsion very fast absorbed, very loved by the skin - it soakes in literally. Leave your skin fresh and rested, glowing.
On the mid-long term, i have to say that it boosts hydration on my skin, as it is visibilly plumper.
I use it in the place of my normal moisturizer. I have noticed hat if I add this serum to my moisturizer (an foundation on top) it is a tad too much and can get oilier than usual.
In fact, it contains glycerine as the 5th ingredient and contains oils as well. That is to say is it not a pure water based serum but it has nourishing properties. Basically, it is a light , complete moisturizer on its own.
So I would recommend to use it alone in summer at least, replacing your normal moisturizer.
Love the smell - a fresh fruity flowery smell - not offensive but present: mind you, I love my skincare to be perfumed, so if you are allergic to fragrance in products, test it beforehand.
Splendid, sleek, elegant Chanel bottle, as usual.
All in all, I like. I like less the price tag... it sets you back some 70 Euros for 30 ml.
Really worth a try !