CHANEL Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by age: 19-24
CHANEL Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

4.4

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As someone who has eczema and psoriasis on the face, this helped reduce the flakiness and patches of the psorasis from developing and within 5 days they were cleared up. I thought the heavy scent would irritate my skin, but my skin would look nice and hydrated by morning. I highly recommend to those with eczema or psoriasis on the face to try it out and request a sample at your local counter!

on 10/29/2014 2:34:00 AM

I love this serum so much.. I can start noticing my skin transformation within 5 days using it. Now I regret of only buying the 30 ml, which lasted 3 months for me. I only use this serum in the morning as the base for my make up. It absorbs to the skin really fast. I just love ittt.

on 10/4/2014 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let's start with my skin type; VERY sensitive, very dry around the cheeks, annoyingly oily in the t-zone.

A bit reluctant to try this at first because of my irritable skin, but so glad I gave it a shot.

Pros;
- heavenly scent (very luxurious)
- extremely hydrating
- skin was plumped and very soft
- visibly reduces fine lines on areas where serum was applied vs area without serum
- skin absorbs the serum very quickly
- convenient packaging (pump bottle)
- redness reduced significantly
- brightened complexion

Cons;
(Non)

I use this with the hydra beauty cream and they work really well together creates a very soft, hydrated base for make up. Hydration lasts all day. Highly recommended.

I got this as a gift from a friend who works for Chanel with rave reviews. However, when I used it, I was underwhelmed.
I have dry skin, so the serum was not nearly as moisturizing as I needed it to be. I also noticed that in some areas of my face I felt a burning sensation after applying. The smell, however, is just amazing. If I could bottle the scent and use as a perfume I would!
That being said, with the amount of fragrance, it is probably not a good idea for those with sensitive skin.

on 7/20/2013 5:40:00 PM

I've used the hydra beauty range since it came out here in NZ and I've always been impressed. This serum is no exception. First off, the packaging is flawless, classic Chanel. The serum itself is light to the touch and has an almost creamy consistency that once smoothed onto the skin is absorbed instantly. My skin feels more plumped, more radiant and more hydrated. I was very hesitant spending so much on a serum but after I had a facial and the specialist tried it on me I was hooked. I don't know about the inclusion of Blue Ginger and how that is meant to protect your skin, but with how it hydrates my skin I think I'm sold!

on 5/11/2012 12:21:00 AM

I bought this, and then I checked the box and saw that the number 2 ingredient is alcohol. Plain alcohol (not even the vegetable kind). That really can't be good.

Also, the good ingredients are at the bottom of the list. I use the Hydra Beauty Cream, but I can't bring myself to even try the serum. It's getting returned tomorrow.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works well on my combination skin. I use it day and night and it leaves my skin so well hydrated and matte all day. It smells great (like all Chanel products). It is expensive but a little goes a long way so the 50ML bottle should last a good 4 months.

-UPDATE-
Wow, can't believe this actually lasted a year... I still have a quarter of product left and I have been using it religiously for a year. Honestly, this product has done nothing for my skin. I'm just going to use the remainder and then I'll be on the market for a better skincare brand.

on 6/10/2011 11:20:00 PM

After recently developing somewhat dry and flaky skin (perhaps it's because it's winter) I thought it was appropriate to invest in some decent moisturisers. I received a of this sample of when purchasing Hydramax + Active (Which is great as well ) Within a week or two of using the sample I was sold on it, it's a great quality, easily absorbs into the skin and smells fantastic.

It was quite a pinch at the pocket in Australia as it was $124. However, if you use a pea shaped amount it will last you for a long time.

Definitely recommend it if you have the money.