Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

4.2

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Even with my oily skin, this was too drying...it's texture was like watered down toothpaste (sort of gritty). Also, though it smells really good, I don't think that fragrance (especially this high amount) belongs on the face.

on 10/29/2014 2:34:00 AM

I love this serum so much.. I can start noticing my skin transformation within 5 days using it. Now I regret of only buying the 30 ml, which lasted 3 months for me. I only use this serum in the morning as the base for my make up. It absorbs to the skin really fast. I just love ittt.

I got this as a gift from a friend who works for Chanel with rave reviews. However, when I used it, I was underwhelmed.
I have dry skin, so the serum was not nearly as moisturizing as I needed it to be. I also noticed that in some areas of my face I felt a burning sensation after applying. The smell, however, is just amazing. If I could bottle the scent and use as a perfume I would!
That being said, with the amount of fragrance, it is probably not a good idea for those with sensitive skin.

on 7/22/2013 9:34:00 AM

This is new formula now, I love it even more than the last one. I never thought Chanel could have good serums or creams, I liked their blushes and lipsticks but not the skincare range. Until I tried their hydra beauty serum(hydramax before). That was 4-5 years ago and I am still in love. I change it now and then but I always return to this one. It shows results and hydrates my skin. Now I also use it together with hydra beauty cream and recently I purchased hydra beauty essence mist.

on 7/20/2013 5:40:00 PM

I've used the hydra beauty range since it came out here in NZ and I've always been impressed. This serum is no exception. First off, the packaging is flawless, classic Chanel. The serum itself is light to the touch and has an almost creamy consistency that once smoothed onto the skin is absorbed instantly. My skin feels more plumped, more radiant and more hydrated. I was very hesitant spending so much on a serum but after I had a facial and the specialist tried it on me I was hooked. I don't know about the inclusion of Blue Ginger and how that is meant to protect your skin, but with how it hydrates my skin I think I'm sold!

on 11/19/2012 7:05:00 AM

First off, i've been quite a big fan of Chanel skincare over the years, especially their 'Precision' range, but for the past couple of years i've been heavily using products by La Prairie, Creme De La Mer and Sisley. This serum, which is a rather milky lotion type of serum, definitely provides instant plumping, which is great, but when compared to the texture and feel of La Prairie serums its like comparing water with Champagne. The La Prairie serums are totally on another level (but then so is the price). An okay product.

on 10/22/2012 7:25:00 AM

I love how this product feels on my skin. I have dry/combination skin these days and this serum feels light, non greasy and absorbs easily into my skin.
The scent is lovely. Product hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin in any way (even though I noticed another reviewer said one of the main ingredients was alcohol. I've lost the ingredients list so can't check)

Very happy and will repurchase

on 7/13/2012 10:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I've been using this for a few weeks now and totally love it! I am using it with the chanel hydra creme and it leaves my skin feeling amazing. It is quite strongly fragranced, so lucky I adore the fragrance. It's pretty expensive, but worth it I think.

on 5/11/2012 12:21:00 AM

I bought this, and then I checked the box and saw that the number 2 ingredient is alcohol. Plain alcohol (not even the vegetable kind). That really can't be good.

Also, the good ingredients are at the bottom of the list. I use the Hydra Beauty Cream, but I can't bring myself to even try the serum. It's getting returned tomorrow.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works well on my combination skin. I use it day and night and it leaves my skin so well hydrated and matte all day. It smells great (like all Chanel products). It is expensive but a little goes a long way so the 50ML bottle should last a good 4 months.

-UPDATE-
Wow, can't believe this actually lasted a year... I still have a quarter of product left and I have been using it religiously for a year. Honestly, this product has done nothing for my skin. I'm just going to use the remainder and then I'll be on the market for a better skincare brand.