Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

4.8

on 10/21/2013 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i love this serum. to be fair, i havent ever used another serum, so i hesitate to give it five stars without comparing it to anything else. i could also say that im removing one star because its heavily fragranced and they could definitely tone that down a bit.

anywho, its a great serum. i love how it makes my skin feel. my skin drinks it up right away and it feels super smooth and even. i apply it with hydra beauty eye gel before putting on my moisturizer. it makes my skin feel a little plumper, a little smoother, even gives it a little glow (maybe im dreaming, who knows..)... in any case, ever since my SA at chanel told me about it and gave me a sample to try, it has become by fav product to use every day/night. my skin looks more refreshed in general.

i use it with the chanel resynchronizing skincare line, but im starting to think it might give better results with the hydra beauty creme. something to try in the future.

the packaging is great: the usual simple, minimalist chanel packaging and each squirt is the perfect amount.

as i mentioned at the beginning of my review, the only thing i would change is the fragrance. its a bit too strong. not recommended for people who are sensitive to fragrance. also, as other reviewers have mentioned, this serum contains alcohol. i dont always consider that a bad thing, but just fyi.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Gorgeous, rich serum, divinely scented, melts into your skin that immediately feels softer and less dry. I've tried many serums but this one is the best and my skin looks and feels better than using anything else. Beautifully packaged, the only downside is the cost but the perfect product when you need a treat or when your skin needs some extra TLC.

on 5/15/2012 12:24:00 PM

Love, love, love it! My dry skin has been dying for a product like this for about a year now. I am nearly 35 and my skin is increasingly dry, I also have rosacea and the hydra beauty serum is perfection!

It is expensive but I rarely buy products that are on the high end so it works out fine. Ask for a sample if possible... hope you like it too!

on 12/29/2011 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm not a huge serum expert but this is an instant HG for me. I got a free sample in summer, wore it a few times and liked it so much that I purchased the full-sized product and have been wearing it every day every since for the past 2 months. It has made my skin clearer, smoother and suppler. Have just bought a back-up, it's so good I don't want to be left without for even a day...

I have pretty good skin to start with, I'm 38, no major lines, normal/dry, occasional flakiness and the odd hormonal breakout. Most moisturizers are too comedogenic for my skin, they tend increase acne, but this product doesn't clog my skin. This product is hydrating enough so I won't need moisturizer (and after using this in the morning, night cream is optional). It also creates a perfect canvas for makeup, it also dries quickly. I'm a fan of longwearing foundations and they tend to be drying if I don't hydrate my skin well enough. This stuff does the job.

I don't usually love perfumes in cosmetics, but this one smells lovely and doesn't irritate. (Genifique did nothing to me and smelled too strong.) My only gripe is that I cannot see how much product is left - but the pump is lovely.

I have just been to the Chanel counter and the assistant applied this before trying on a foundation. Wow! My face felt like it was full of moisture, it felt amazing. Will be buying this soon for sure!