Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

1 review

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Little background of my skin; I am 18 years old and have generally normal skin, with dry patches on my chin, nose and under eye area. I have hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks, but hardly ever break out. I got a sample of this product when I purchased the Chanel Bronze Universel (which is my new HG bronzer btw), so I decided to try the Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum out today. This was the first thing I put on my face with my fingers (thin layer all over including my under eye area). I then waited for it to absorb and followed through with my Aveno Ultra Calming daily moisturizer, then a primer. The main areas I want to see results from this Chanel product is on my chin, nose and under eye area as those are the dry places of my face. I followed through with MAC face/body foundation, then Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I usually only use the Estee Lauder where I need more coverage (cheeks, nose and chin), but it always dries my skin out. The reason I still use it is because it is the most long lasting foundation I have found, and with other foundations that claim to be long lasting, I always find something else wrong with them. I also use Benefit's erase paste under my eyes as I have horrid genetic dark circles. It is the only concealer I have found that covers up my dark circles, but always creases so badly and gets dry when set with powder (and If i dont set it with powder it will slide right off). I set everything with my MAC msf natural. It's been about an hour since I did my face makeup, and I must say, Im so happy! Overwhelmed! My chin hasn't cracked or gotten the least bit dry, it looks perfect! My nose isn't dry either, and to my biggest disbelief, my benefit erase paste has not creased one bit under my eyes (It ALWAYS creases like a nightmare, but not even a little now). I will report back at the end of the day, but already I want to go out and buy a full size because I am so happy with it. I definitely recommend it for everyone with dry skin. Oily skin people maybe stay away from it. My new HG product. Will definitely repurchase, despite it being so expensive.