Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I received a few genrous sized samples of this serum and so, I was happy to try it. It is nice, but may not convene to many others out there. The scent is so lovely, and the texture is a light and liquidy airy type of lotion. A little spreads quickly and easily over the skin. I do think it provides a radiance effect and a light hydration. I used this over my Clarins Huile Lotus facial oil (which I use before serum and/or moisturiser daily). I like that it gives just a light veil of hydration and radiance overtop my oil. For a pricey serum that claims to hydrate, I am surprised that it is not more moisturising. Given that I use it over my facial oil (& I have sensitive combination skin), that was fine for me. I would not recommend this to anyone looking for much hydration from it though.

My only real problem with it is that it stings my skin quite a bit upon application. The sting dissipates, but it is really not pleasant. I do have sensitive skin that does not tolerate alcohol in skincare though, so this may not be an issue for some but I felt it was worth mentioning for those of you with skin also sensitive (or particularly sensitive to alcohol). On the flip side, it has not broken me out (surprisingly), so it is just the initial painful sting that really doesn't work for me.

on 11/19/2012 7:05:00 AM

First off, i've been quite a big fan of Chanel skincare over the years, especially their 'Precision' range, but for the past couple of years i've been heavily using products by La Prairie, Creme De La Mer and Sisley. This serum, which is a rather milky lotion type of serum, definitely provides instant plumping, which is great, but when compared to the texture and feel of La Prairie serums its like comparing water with Champagne. The La Prairie serums are totally on another level (but then so is the price). An okay product.

on 10/22/2012 7:25:00 AM

I love how this product feels on my skin. I have dry/combination skin these days and this serum feels light, non greasy and absorbs easily into my skin.
The scent is lovely. Product hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin in any way (even though I noticed another reviewer said one of the main ingredients was alcohol. I've lost the ingredients list so can't check)

Very happy and will repurchase

on 5/11/2012 12:21:00 AM

I bought this, and then I checked the box and saw that the number 2 ingredient is alcohol. Plain alcohol (not even the vegetable kind). That really can't be good.

Also, the good ingredients are at the bottom of the list. I use the Hydra Beauty Cream, but I can't bring myself to even try the serum. It's getting returned tomorrow.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Works well on my combination skin. I use it day and night and it leaves my skin so well hydrated and matte all day. It smells great (like all Chanel products). It is expensive but a little goes a long way so the 50ML bottle should last a good 4 months.

-UPDATE-
Wow, can't believe this actually lasted a year... I still have a quarter of product left and I have been using it religiously for a year. Honestly, this product has done nothing for my skin. I'm just going to use the remainder and then I'll be on the market for a better skincare brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Little background of my skin; I am 18 years old and have generally normal skin, with dry patches on my chin, nose and under eye area. I have hyper-pigmentation on my cheeks, but hardly ever break out. I got a sample of this product when I purchased the Chanel Bronze Universel (which is my new HG bronzer btw), so I decided to try the Chanel Hydra Beauty Serum out today. This was the first thing I put on my face with my fingers (thin layer all over including my under eye area). I then waited for it to absorb and followed through with my Aveno Ultra Calming daily moisturizer, then a primer. The main areas I want to see results from this Chanel product is on my chin, nose and under eye area as those are the dry places of my face. I followed through with MAC face/body foundation, then Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation. I usually only use the Estee Lauder where I need more coverage (cheeks, nose and chin), but it always dries my skin out. The reason I still use it is because it is the most long lasting foundation I have found, and with other foundations that claim to be long lasting, I always find something else wrong with them. I also use Benefit's erase paste under my eyes as I have horrid genetic dark circles. It is the only concealer I have found that covers up my dark circles, but always creases so badly and gets dry when set with powder (and If i dont set it with powder it will slide right off). I set everything with my MAC msf natural. It's been about an hour since I did my face makeup, and I must say, Im so happy! Overwhelmed! My chin hasn't cracked or gotten the least bit dry, it looks perfect! My nose isn't dry either, and to my biggest disbelief, my benefit erase paste has not creased one bit under my eyes (It ALWAYS creases like a nightmare, but not even a little now). I will report back at the end of the day, but already I want to go out and buy a full size because I am so happy with it. I definitely recommend it for everyone with dry skin. Oily skin people maybe stay away from it. My new HG product. Will definitely repurchase, despite it being so expensive.

on 12/29/2011 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I'm not a huge serum expert but this is an instant HG for me. I got a free sample in summer, wore it a few times and liked it so much that I purchased the full-sized product and have been wearing it every day every since for the past 2 months. It has made my skin clearer, smoother and suppler. Have just bought a back-up, it's so good I don't want to be left without for even a day...

I have pretty good skin to start with, I'm 38, no major lines, normal/dry, occasional flakiness and the odd hormonal breakout. Most moisturizers are too comedogenic for my skin, they tend increase acne, but this product doesn't clog my skin. This product is hydrating enough so I won't need moisturizer (and after using this in the morning, night cream is optional). It also creates a perfect canvas for makeup, it also dries quickly. I'm a fan of longwearing foundations and they tend to be drying if I don't hydrate my skin well enough. This stuff does the job.

I don't usually love perfumes in cosmetics, but this one smells lovely and doesn't irritate. (Genifique did nothing to me and smelled too strong.) My only gripe is that I cannot see how much product is left - but the pump is lovely.

on 6/10/2011 11:20:00 PM

After recently developing somewhat dry and flaky skin (perhaps it's because it's winter) I thought it was appropriate to invest in some decent moisturisers. I received a of this sample of when purchasing Hydramax + Active (Which is great as well ) Within a week or two of using the sample I was sold on it, it's a great quality, easily absorbs into the skin and smells fantastic.

It was quite a pinch at the pocket in Australia as it was $124. However, if you use a pea shaped amount it will last you for a long time.

Definitely recommend it if you have the money.

Having used the Hydra Max+ Active serum for quite some time, this is the new replacement item for it. The packaging is still more or less the same just the pump now is opaque which means I can't see how much is left *tricky*

The smell is lovely and fresh, a white floral scent. The gel-like emulsion is now a creamy white reminiscine of the white camellia flower on the poster. Texture-wise this is alot lighter than the previous serum and has a more watery touch on the skin. Penerated quickly into skin did not leave any heavy feeling. Overall pleasent feeling.

Used for a week: Skin is more plump with moisture and not feel so tight aound my mouth area (i tend to flake ard the mouth). Also the dehydration lines around my eyes have lessen and when I smile the eyes did not crease as much. It is hot weather on my end now (96 F) most days thus I did this with just a sunblock and no moisturizer then my MU base and foundation. Glad it did not add shine nor make the MU slide around.

Overall verdict is thumbs up. No breakout, no oily feel which is very impt for me.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Hydra Beauty Srum comes to replace the Hydra Max Prcision Srum - they are gradually eliminating the word "Prcision " previously included in their skincare line... (they did the same with Sublimage) Prcision being phased out.
Got a ton of Hydra Beauty Srum samples this spring ( the equivalent of a full sized item) and I can now review it.
The claim of this product is that it is based on the Camellia Japonica flower - the one loved by Coco - for its capability of retianing water and its antiageing properties. I have read in a beauty article that they grew up a plantation of camellias from the very plant (!!?) Coco Chanel had in her apartment, and that plantantion they used for extracting the active ingredients for this Hydra Beauty Srum
(well I don't believe a single word: for an industrial, worldwide mass production a single plantation for the essential oils is ridiculous and overly expensive. Ingredients are bought bulk by specialized chemical companies, that's it. The story was entertaining but thanks,we don't buy it!!!).
Back to the point. There is another active, the Blue Ginger PFA, that regulates the skin's defense system , offering a shield. This serum is a lovely emulsion very fast absorbed, very loved by the skin - it soakes in literally. Leave your skin fresh and rested, glowing.
On the mid-long term, i have to say that it boosts hydration on my skin, as it is visibilly plumper.
I use it in the place of my normal moisturizer. I have noticed hat if I add this serum to my moisturizer (an foundation on top) it is a tad too much and can get oilier than usual.
In fact, it contains glycerine as the 5th ingredient and contains oils as well. That is to say is it not a pure water based serum but it has nourishing properties. Basically, it is a light , complete moisturizer on its own.
So I would recommend to use it alone in summer at least, replacing your normal moisturizer.
Love the smell - a fresh fruity flowery smell - not offensive but present: mind you, I love my skincare to be perfumed, so if you are allergic to fragrance in products, test it beforehand.
Splendid, sleek, elegant Chanel bottle, as usual.
All in all, I like. I like less the price tag... it sets you back some 70 Euros for 30 ml.
Really worth a try !