Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

4.5

on 10/22/2012 7:25:00 AM

I love how this product feels on my skin. I have dry/combination skin these days and this serum feels light, non greasy and absorbs easily into my skin.
The scent is lovely. Product hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin in any way (even though I noticed another reviewer said one of the main ingredients was alcohol. I've lost the ingredients list so can't check)

Very happy and will repurchase

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Hydra Beauty Srum comes to replace the Hydra Max Prcision Srum - they are gradually eliminating the word "Prcision " previously included in their skincare line... (they did the same with Sublimage) Prcision being phased out.
Got a ton of Hydra Beauty Srum samples this spring ( the equivalent of a full sized item) and I can now review it.
The claim of this product is that it is based on the Camellia Japonica flower - the one loved by Coco - for its capability of retianing water and its antiageing properties. I have read in a beauty article that they grew up a plantation of camellias from the very plant (!!?) Coco Chanel had in her apartment, and that plantantion they used for extracting the active ingredients for this Hydra Beauty Srum
(well I don't believe a single word: for an industrial, worldwide mass production a single plantation for the essential oils is ridiculous and overly expensive. Ingredients are bought bulk by specialized chemical companies, that's it. The story was entertaining but thanks,we don't buy it!!!).
Back to the point. There is another active, the Blue Ginger PFA, that regulates the skin's defense system , offering a shield. This serum is a lovely emulsion very fast absorbed, very loved by the skin - it soakes in literally. Leave your skin fresh and rested, glowing.
On the mid-long term, i have to say that it boosts hydration on my skin, as it is visibilly plumper.
I use it in the place of my normal moisturizer. I have noticed hat if I add this serum to my moisturizer (an foundation on top) it is a tad too much and can get oilier than usual.
In fact, it contains glycerine as the 5th ingredient and contains oils as well. That is to say is it not a pure water based serum but it has nourishing properties. Basically, it is a light , complete moisturizer on its own.
So I would recommend to use it alone in summer at least, replacing your normal moisturizer.
Love the smell - a fresh fruity flowery smell - not offensive but present: mind you, I love my skincare to be perfumed, so if you are allergic to fragrance in products, test it beforehand.
Splendid, sleek, elegant Chanel bottle, as usual.
All in all, I like. I like less the price tag... it sets you back some 70 Euros for 30 ml.
Really worth a try !