Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

Filtered by age: 25-29
Chanel Hydra Beauty Sérum (new 2011)

on 10/21/2013 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i love this serum. to be fair, i havent ever used another serum, so i hesitate to give it five stars without comparing it to anything else. i could also say that im removing one star because its heavily fragranced and they could definitely tone that down a bit.

anywho, its a great serum. i love how it makes my skin feel. my skin drinks it up right away and it feels super smooth and even. i apply it with hydra beauty eye gel before putting on my moisturizer. it makes my skin feel a little plumper, a little smoother, even gives it a little glow (maybe im dreaming, who knows..)... in any case, ever since my SA at chanel told me about it and gave me a sample to try, it has become by fav product to use every day/night. my skin looks more refreshed in general.

i use it with the chanel resynchronizing skincare line, but im starting to think it might give better results with the hydra beauty creme. something to try in the future.

the packaging is great: the usual simple, minimalist chanel packaging and each squirt is the perfect amount.

as i mentioned at the beginning of my review, the only thing i would change is the fragrance. its a bit too strong. not recommended for people who are sensitive to fragrance. also, as other reviewers have mentioned, this serum contains alcohol. i dont always consider that a bad thing, but just fyi.

on 11/19/2012 7:05:00 AM

First off, i've been quite a big fan of Chanel skincare over the years, especially their 'Precision' range, but for the past couple of years i've been heavily using products by La Prairie, Creme De La Mer and Sisley. This serum, which is a rather milky lotion type of serum, definitely provides instant plumping, which is great, but when compared to the texture and feel of La Prairie serums its like comparing water with Champagne. The La Prairie serums are totally on another level (but then so is the price). An okay product.

on 7/23/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

In the winter my face gets very dry, even in my T-zone (which gets oily and dry/flaky simultaneously). This is the first thing I put on my face after my face cleanser system (skipping/ or before the system's moisturizer) and it is my HG product! It feels light, smells wonderful, and moisturizes at the same time as it allows your usual moisturizer to work better. It costs the clothes off my back, but it feels worth it!