2.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

For the life of me I can't get Red Shatter to work. I've tried it numerous times. It's gloopy & the colour is too translucent which means if you put it over a dark colour the red takes on the darker hue & goes a very ugly colour. I've tried this over light colours too & it just doesn't look right. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this but even so, it was too expensive for something that doesn't work.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

Not a huge fan of this color but it's good for the holiday season. Other than that it's hard to blend with other colors, your color options are very limited.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Medium

8 years ago

This is probably my least favourite shatter, but not because it doesn't work well. I still love the effect, it's just hard to match colours up with it. It doesn't show over dark colours, so you're only left with lighter colours. And there's only a few lighter colours I have that look good with it.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Ugh. I only got this because it was in a set with Rally Pretty Pink. I don't love crackles to begin with, so I was predisposed not to like it. Just looked gross and messy and the color wasn't a great read and the finish was weird. Hated it.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other

HairBrunette

8 years ago

I am so dissapointed with my OPI red shatter. I have the black shatter and I love it, so I bought the red one. It doesn't shatter the same as the black does. It has thin, streaky, vertical lines. It looks like a really runny, thin coating of normal nailpolish. Also the red doesn't go well over other colours. I had a bright aqua that I wanted to wear it over, but the red didn't come out red over the top, it went a yucky brown colour. I tried it over a pearly white revlon nailpolish, and it just looked like messy pink nails. I am really dissapointed. I wont use it again and I definately wouldn't buy it again or reccomend it to anyone

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

9 years ago

I bought this for only $6, just to try and I'm glad I didnt waste $10 on it. It is really thin and doesn't stay true to its colour when applied over another polish. I thought it would look really cool over yellow polish but it looks really bad, kind of brownish, not red at all. I agree with the other reviewers, it would probably only look good over white or silver.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

9 years ago

This is an ok shatter polish if you use a light base color. I've tried this over black, orange, and several blues and it's just soo sheer that the shattering turns out brown - I really am not a fan of the way it looks. It would probably look good over a silver or white..but that's not why I bought this polish in the first place, therefore I'm pretty disappointed in wasting my $8.00! The formula is pretty goopy like other reviewers have stated, though it does shatter pretty nicely. Meh, could definitely take it or leave it. I would really love to have other options besides the lighter base color, but don't see any way around it.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I like the product, I just thinkg that it gets gloopy and thick very quickly, if you use a nail polish thinner though, that can help you out to get more uses out of it. Overall it's ok, I like the turquoise color better, I made a review on the red polishes on youtube, I will make one for the navy and turquoise one soon. <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W26QyGn85pw"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W26QyGn85pw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

It's growing on me. It is goopier and streakier than the black, (which was the only other Shatter I've tried), but if you just use one coat it shouldn't be much of a hassle. Unfortunately I used it over a nude pink, and it ended up just looking kind of well, creepy, like my fingernails were a bloody mess or something. I will be trying again over a yellow or orange to see if I can make a cool firey design. I would conclude that this polish is OK. The black had nicer finish though. *shrug*

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

Im the only one that would buy this again so far? Wow. I love this shatter. It dries well and shatters nicely. I used this over white and liked it. I got this with the rally pretty pink which doesnt appeal to me. Id def buy again which at the same time isnt likely cuz ive never finished an opi as of today but i alsp would recommend.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure