2 Grrrls Dawn Eyes Cosmetics -- Sparkling Golden Purple

No Image

1 review

on 5/12/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: Described on the Dawn Eyes Cosmetics (DEC) Web site as a "light amethyst glittering with heavy gold glitter and extra borealis sparkle," I had a hard time seeing the gold, even when applied over Fyrinnae PE. Maybe I've become so used to Dawn's stunning, bright base colors that this one looked a little "blah" on me, but it would well-suit someone who needs a more toned-down purple for work, school, or church :-) It would also work as a great color for a liner or a purple smoky eye!
Applied over Fyrinnae PE: Somewhat "somber" purple sheen/sparkle. IDK, maybe it was just the weather that day. I'll update if I retry it and get a different result :-)
Where did I buy this: Dawn Eyes Cosmetics Web site (http://www.dawneyescosmetics.com/). Shipping is really fast, and there's a unique feature on the site: "raw photos." There's a link under each color that shows photos (in a new window) that are blurred and/or taken in different lighting so you can see all aspects of that particular color's sparkle and other properties! Brilliant help in choosing the right color!
Price: Average among most indie start-ups: $1.00 for a generous 1/16-teaspoon sample; $6 for full size (5-g sifter jar [1.2 to 1.5 g net wt]).
Packaging: Actually really great: a sturdy, thick, *small* zip-lock sample baggie. I like that it's square, not an annoyingly deep rectangle like Meow samples, a pet peeve of mine when buying samples.
Would I buy again: No, but just because I'm attracted more to other DEC shades! Give it a try; it might work really well for you. continued >>

Popular Eye Shadows