Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair

Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair
Dove Hair Therapy Intensive Repair TreatmentDamage Therapy Conditioner Intensive RepairDamage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair

4.2

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Behentrimonium Chloride , Lactic Acid , Fragrance , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Gluconolactone , Adipic Acid , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Sulfate , Trehalose , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , PEG-150 Distearate , Cetrimonium Chloride , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 11/22/2016 3:08:00 AM

This has to be my favorite conditioner by far. I used to use it many years ago but forgot how much I liked it. I bought a bottle a few months ago and have been LOVING it. I recently highlighted my hair and it's been dry and tangled. I slather this stuff on as soon as I wet my hair, comb it through my hair and pin it up to soak in a bit and it takes care of all of the tangles and straw-like quality my hair gets sometimes. I also put in a bit after rinsing. I have curly / wavy / strangely textured hair and I find my hair really needs a bit extra moisture especially on the ends. This stuff is great. I also love the fresh scent.

on 11/10/2016 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Wow. What a complete nightmare. This conditioner made my hair feel crunchy and strangely sticky, my scalp broke out and got itchy and flaky (I think from the high fragrance content), the skin on my face broke out where my hair touched it, and the smell just gives me a headache. There is way too much fragrance in this product for me to tolerate it near my skin. It smelled like I dipped my hair in laundry soap. So cheap smelling and overwhelmingly strong. And the results on my hair, scalp and skin were just awful.

To Read all 174 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a pretty good conditioner. Its not too thick, which is awesome for my thin hair. My hair was much softer and shinier. And it smells great. It is very good for someone on a budget.

on 12/2/2015 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Log story short: this conditioner did nothing to repair the damaged bits of my hair even after a month's worth of use along with the matching shampoo. Unfortunately it DID cause some nasty build-up in my roots, which took quite a few days to remedy with a pretty harsh clarifying shampoo. The only positive regarding this products is the low price.

All this being said, I'm quite sure the build-up was due down to my texture, which is baby fine, dry, and porous. My hair is a sponge and gets weighed down lickety-split, so I think this conditioner was just too heavy for me. Ironically, the heaviness didn't mean intense moisture or repair in my case, but there you have it...on to the next!

I just used up the last of my bottle of this stuff. My hair is dyed blonde and very damaged. I had abandoned my bottle of this for a while, because I was on a long natural products kick and didn't want to use anything with cones in it.
Well, I've gone back to the artificial stuff with a vengeance, and in the midst of my relapse decided to retrieve this from the back of my bathroom cupboard. Glad I did. It works better than any other conditioner I've tried in recent memory, cones or no cones. My hair feels silky, soft, and actually has a bit of shine to it, which it hasn't for ages since I started dying my hair. I haven't even been leaving it in my hair for that long while I'm in the shower, either. Just a minute or two, which I always anticipate won't be enough, but my hair still dries feeling like silk.
On top of that, it smells amazing. The scent of Dove hair products really reminds me of fresh laundry. The fragrance is strong and lingers in your hair, which some may not like. However, my boyfriend is a big fan of the smell and has commented on it a few times, so I dig that.
Anyways, yes, this has cones in it, and while I do have a cone-free conditioner I really like (Aubrey GPB), it still just didn't restore the softness and shine to my damaged hair like this one does. I just picked up a clarifying shampoo to deal with any build up.

on 8/18/2015 5:11:00 AM

Since my hair is oily, somehow frizzy and low porosity i wash them every day, thats why i dont have time to always properly moisture them, and becouse of it i always keep this conditioner at shelves. This siliconey conditioner is one of the best out there to instantly make your hair feel relaxed, soft and to protect them from heat. And its perfumey fragrance suprisingly doesnt bother me.

But i dont recommend using this as every day conditioner couse it flattens hair, and silicons dont moistore hair, they just make them feel great(coats them like a barrier, which is only necessary if you need to protect them from the heat) and after washing they are at the same condition as always especially after sulfate shampoo.

on 5/21/2015 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

My hair is dry, colour damaged and prone to breakage and split ends. For months I've been trying to get it in somewhat decent condition, I've tried all sorts of shampoos/conditioners and masks, including going all natural products for awhile. I even cut my rather long hair to a short length in hopes that would help.

But nothing works as AMAZINGLY as this does. My hair looks so hydrated and shiny, it feels bouncy and weightless. Literally everyone has been asking if I've done something to my hair because it looks so beautiful. I was beginning to think my hair would never look shiny and healthy again.

I'm so incredibly grateful I took a youtubers advice on trying out Dove hair products, because it works. When I would normally just throw my hair into a bun or a ponytail because it lookes so dry, dead and frizzy, I actually feel like I can confidently wear it down.

So happy :D

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Worked well for a while and made my hair quite silky. The ends were still left quite dry. After a while it caused bad buildup so I stopped using it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product has worked remarkably well on my dry, colour-damaged hair. I use it with the Dove Intense Repair Shampoo, about twice a week, and it has consistently left my hair really soft, weightless and bouncy. I found its effect similar to that of higher end conditioning masks, like Living Proof's Restore mask, which is about 10 times more expensive.

After reading the reviews, I'm a little wary of whether my hair will remain smooth and light in the long run, considering the silicones in the product. However, I alternate every two uses with Sachajuan's Hair Repair mask, which has no silicones. I'm hoping this will do the trick, because so far, I'm really happy with both the effectiveness and cost of Dove's Intense Repair range. I'll update this review in a couple of weeks to see how it does in the long term.

This stuff is awesome. I don't even care that it probably has loads of silicones in it, it keeps my hair looking and feeling healthy. My hair is always so soft after I condition with this and it is so cheap! I have used this conditioner when my hair has been over processed and damaged, and I think it has really helped revive my hair. I've been using this conditioner for about 3 years now and I think the key is to pair it with a good sulfate free shampoo (I use Enjoy). I really love this stuff!