Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner

4.1

Not tested on animals

Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract*, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract*, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract*, Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol (Coconut Derived), Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Rapeseed Oil Derived), Coco Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter*, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Coconut Derived), Dehydroacetic Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzyl Alcohol (Plant Derived), Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate (Fruit Derived), Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum).* Certified Organic.

on 12/14/2016 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I wish I tried this sooner. My hair was quite knotted, while rinsing the conditioner out I can feel my knots fall away! It leaves my hair feeling soft and light. Love this so much!

on 8/2/2015 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like this conditioner. It smells great and moisturizes my hair really well. I have a lot of fine hair with only the littlest bit of wave (about a step up from stick straight). A lot of conditioners are too heavy for my hair but the ones for volumizing are usually not moisturizing enough. This one doesn't weigh my hair down at all. I do still use a tiny bit of argan oil after blow drying. I've bought it a few times and will continue to.

on 4/29/2014 4:50:00 PM

I just finished the tube and don't think I'll repurchase it. I bought it based on reviews because I wanted something natural, silicon free and moisturizing but this one didn't really work for me. It makes my hair a little hard to comb thru and detangle and didn't feel moisturized and soft like I was expecting. I don't really like the fragrance either, it smells a little chemically to me not like real coconut, it reminds me of suave coconut conditioner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

My hair is to my lower back, straightish, finely-textured, and very thick. I have a normal scalp, while the ends of my hair tend to get dry if neglected. I also use henna regularly.

I bought this conditioner on sale for $4 and am very glad I did. It keeps my hair adequately moisturized without overdoing it. The texture is light but creamy and a little goes a long way. I definitely have an easier time with detangling after I use this stuff, plus I have less trouble with frizz. I like to use this as a regular conditioner, a leave-in, or a deep treatment. The scent is very pleasant and I have gotten compliments on it, but it is quite strong and it will linger in my hair for days and days until I need to wash my hair again.

Ever since Garnier added silicone to their Triple Nutrition conditioner, I have been worried about finding a replacement and this fits the job.

PROS:
- Light, creamy texture
- A little goes a long way
- Moisturizing (but not what I'd call super-moisturizing
- Pleasant scent
- Nice packaging
- Good multipurpose product (leave-in, deep treatment, regular conditioner)
- No silicone
- Natural ingredients

CONS:
- The scent is very strong

on 3/23/2012 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

This conditioner (like the shampoo) comes in a squeeze tube, which makes it very easy to use in the shower. I bought mine for approximately $10CAD but, a little does go a long way. It smells amazing, doesn't cause breakouts, rashes, itchy scalps OR eczema and it's organic! To top it off, your hair becomes smooth and shiny because of the coconut oil... I pair it with the coconut shampoo by Desert Essence and it just works really well for me.

on 8/18/2011 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff smells amazing and is fun to use, but unfortunately is much too drying to use in the long run. I ended up with crunchy straw hair after using the shampoo and conditioner for a run of one tube each.

on 6/14/2011 1:53:00 AM

This is an amazing conditioner. Very light and very moisturizing! I've been using it for more than a month now and my hair is smooth and not frizzy and dry.

I use it in combination with Desert Essence's Tea Tree Replenishing Shampoo. I think that its a perfect balance. :D