Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

2.0

on 4/30/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

First off, I cannot rate the packaging since I don't own it and only got a Sephora sample. I can rate the product itself and it didn't wow me. The shade range is TERRIBLE. The light tone is super pink based - not even close to neutral. I opted for the darker tone, as it was much more golden, but it was too dark. It looked very mask like and I was unable to blend it in a way that looked right with my neck. Unfortunately, this is enough to be a deal breaker, as if the shade looks bad it doesn't matter how well the product works or doesn't work. I went ahead and wore it for a bit to be able to comment on other aspects. It did look nice (other than the color mismatch) and left skin nicely moisturized. It was slightly tacky, but a little powder would solve that. It didn't settle in creases or cling to dry patches. It definitely didn't have much coverage - it evened skintone out, but didn't cover any discoloration. It also caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I think this brand and I aren't compatible due to the essential oils - they seem to make my skin inflamed with tiny bumps. If you have sensitive or reactive skin I'd be careful with this product and brand.

on 1/20/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought 2 Dr. Jart BB creams - the Black Label and Premium. I ended up using the Black Label first and falling in love with it. I wish I had used Premium first - because while I like it just fine, I definitely prefer the Black Label.

How do they differ? The Premium reminds me more of North American BB's, it has sheer-light coverage and isn't very buildable (gets too shiny if layered), and a more oily-feeling moisturising base - the slickness is unappealing to me. If you don't use powder it tends to feel a tiny bit sticky on your face. I like dewy but this was a bit much on my skin. It feels like applying lotion, that hasn't quite sunk in - whereas the Black Label was a bit more matte, but very natural and non-greasy. Also, when I did a side-by-side comparison on my hand, I could tell the Premium was a bit more pinkish which is more noticeable on my yellow-toned skin in sunlight, while the Black Label has a more beige tone. Both are very light, and will probably work for those with fair to the lightest of medium skin tones (about NC20-25 max in my opinion, otherwise it can look grey). I was unable to wear this in the summer and hated both of them initially as my skin was darker, about NC25-30ish. When I did use it, I had to mix them with darker foundation - which is an option if it's a bit light for you.

The Premium can be good for casual make-up days. It is also fragrance-free. The coverage is enough to even out skin tone but not cover blemishes or dark circles or anything along those lines. But in the end - I prefer the Black Label, it blended perfectly into my skin and can be sheered out or built up to medium coverage, and I felt it "meshed" better with skin. I would not repurchase the Premium.

on 4/13/2012 5:17:00 PM

I'm glad that this product worked for a lot of people.
However, I think this product totally broke me out and does not look as natural on my skin tone (it has a slightly pinkish under tone that does not match really well with myolive skin tone).