Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

4.2

on 10/22/2017 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted something I could wear under mineral powder foundation that wasn't heavy. This works great for that. It helps even out the redness and acts like a primer with a bit of coverage. I don't wear it by itself . It does what I bought it for

on 4/30/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

First off, I cannot rate the packaging since I don't own it and only got a Sephora sample. I can rate the product itself and it didn't wow me. The shade range is TERRIBLE. The light tone is super pink based - not even close to neutral. I opted for the darker tone, as it was much more golden, but it was too dark. It looked very mask like and I was unable to blend it in a way that looked right with my neck. Unfortunately, this is enough to be a deal breaker, as if the shade looks bad it doesn't matter how well the product works or doesn't work. I went ahead and wore it for a bit to be able to comment on other aspects. It did look nice (other than the color mismatch) and left skin nicely moisturized. It was slightly tacky, but a little powder would solve that. It didn't settle in creases or cling to dry patches. It definitely didn't have much coverage - it evened skintone out, but didn't cover any discoloration. It also caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I think this brand and I aren't compatible due to the essential oils - they seem to make my skin inflamed with tiny bumps. If you have sensitive or reactive skin I'd be careful with this product and brand.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've delved into the world of K beauty and skincare, and Dr. Jart was on my shopping list. I've used several other BB creams, but nothing I really enjoyed... until this.

While on a little Christmas shopping spree at Sephora, I couldn't help but check this one out. As the description says, "A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum, Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 is an all-in-one product that provides advanced brightening properties. Perfect under makeup, its natural-looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skintone. Antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine protect skin from harsh environmental factors while restoring firmness and elasticity. This lightweight formula features mineral sunscreens to provide broad spectrum sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Skin is left looking smooth, perfect, and natural." It seemed like the perfect all in one product. So, I added to my *growing* cart.

Today is the first time I am wearing and trying it, and I LOVE IT. I really love a dewy, radiant rinish, and this gives it to you! I applied with a brush and blended. Immediately I received a healthy glow. Definitely can be worn on its own. It has a beautiful finish. I then did the rest of my makeup as I usually do, and its blended seamlessly with my routine. Already received compliments too - My husband said my skin looks "fresh".

Definitely pricey, but I think for all it has to offer, and a little going such a long way, its worth the hefty price tag. I'll definitely keep this in my routine!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG bb. I'm photosensitive, so I take spf seriously. There's no odor, it goes on smoothly, a little gives just enough coverage, and I have a great 'natural but better' look.

on 6/19/2016 7:37:00 AM

I love this - it evens out my skin tone and gives me real protection from the sun with its broad-spectrum SPF of 45. I really appreciate the fact it uses only physical sunblock ingredients, since my skin has reacted badly to chemical sunscreens in the past. I have oily-combination skin and this feels very comfortable - it's not greasy at all and doesn't dry out my skin, either. A real winner.

I wanted something quick and easy for my busy summer days and this definitely fits the bill as far as coverage, SPF, and ease of use. I would have preferred the tube to NOT be hard plastic, but it is lightweight to carry and I'm not afraid of breaking it.

I would be considered a NW20-30, and find the shade suitable for my skin and have had no lines of demarcation whatsoever. There is a slight cast upon initial application, but that is fairly standard as far as the SPF range is concerned. Dissipats quickly. Coverge is better than a tinted moisturizer, but not quite what I would consider medium coverage. Almost....but not quite.

My skin is normal to dry, and can be sensitive depending upon treatment the night before (glycolic, retinols,etc). This formula is hydrating on me and does not irritate my skin.

As far as recommending it again, it would be a tough call. I enjoy this product but since this is my first BB cream, I would likely try another brand because I enjoy new products. Very, very few products make it into what I would call HG status because I am such a makeup monger.

Overall this is a nice product, and I would recommend trying it, especially if curious about BB creams and looking to streamline your morning routine.

on 1/6/2016 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of my go-to face products in the winter along with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation/Serum. I have sensitive, dry/dehydrated skin, and I prefer my skin to have a dewy, glowing, almost glossy finish. This BB cream does that. The light/medium shade is slightly too dark/orange for me (NC10-15) so I either use a color corrector with it or blend it pretty far down my neck. It gives me medium coverage, and while I like fuller coverage usually, I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of coverage if it makes my skin look like this. It contains a substantial amount of physical SPF, doesn't irritate my skin, and is one of the few things that can make my skin glow in cold, dry weather.

I hate the packaging and I wish they'd update it, but I don't see that happening too soon. I've repurchased it once already. I also deducted an overall lippie because this melts off of my face in the summer.

I love the dewy finish of this that I've been looking for. It's dewier than the black label, water green label, or white label for me. I have super dry flaky skin which is very unforgiving of non moisturizing products. This is light enough to let my freckles show through, which I appreciate. It's not like skin 79 which is high coverage or etude house mineral bb, higher matter coverage... No this is I just washed my face and it still has that shiny effect. No thick mask. Light fresh and dewy. HG. As for color, it matches my part pink part yellow korean irish german skin. So yes it's a weird color, but it works for me. It's neutral.

on 10/29/2014 8:01:00 PM

This is my HG BB. I received a sample of the Black Label in my Birchbox and went to Sephora to get more, but I noticed the other types of Dr Jart BB cream, so I tried them. I really liked the way the Premium looked--it wasn't as "bright" as the Radiant one, but less dull than the Black Label (which I really do like) So I decided to buy this one. It makes my skin look PERFECT. I am 44 years old, acne prone around jawline, some skin discoloration due to sun damage and some acne scars. It covers my scarring perfectly, and makes my skin discoloration disappear. It feels great and is definitely high quality. I live in Florida so I love the SPF and love that it's a physical not chemical blocker. Initially when you put it on, you're like "whoa what the hell" but give it 5 minutes and it blends really well I have slightly olive, medium toned skin, I am NOT pale, but it still works really well. I am thrilled to have found this after trying about 5 other BB creams, both Korean and cheap drugstore brands.

Has EGF and all kinds of good ingredients that meet my very particular standards and requirements. It matches my pale pink cool Nordic skin tone perfectly and my sensitive skin loves it. The SPF is just a bonus bc I wear Skinmedica physical block underneath it, but I'd even wear this at night by itself if I were out of my MUFE HD foundation. Love it. Can't wait to try other Dr. Jart products.