Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not usually a fan of BB creams but I received a full size of this in a Dr Jart holiday set. I wasn't expecting to like it- but I love it! It gives great coverage and a lovely luminous finish. Not too dewy, not too matte. It's great that it has a high SPF. And I'm always a fan of a pump. It looked grey when I pumped it on the back of my hand- but when I applied it, it matched me perfectly. I deduct one point for not having a broader color range. There are only 2 shades so it might not work for very fair or deep skin tones.

on 12/30/2016 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my third tube of this, which says a lot because I'm kind of fickle and like to try different products all the time. This is really the best BB cream for my combo/aging skin. It is so versatile, since it works well as a base or on its own. It evens out my skin, moisturizes, but isn't heavy or gloppy. And the SPF 45 makes it extra special and it's a must for everyday, even if it's the only thing I put on my face. I should add that the pump can get a little messy and squirt product in all directions (especially as it runs low), so be careful of that.

packaging
- from online pictures, the container looks like it would be bendy and soft, but it's hard plastic
- the pump squirts out the bb cream in short, rapid bursts. you have to be careful with it, or it will get all over the place
feel
- not greasy, but not really nice. it isn't irritating, but it doesn't have a soothing or comfortable feel to it. to me, it feels like some random mediocre bb cream from the drugstore
coverage/look
- the coverage is medium, but it actually makes my skin look not as nice as before, even though it covers blemishes and redness. i look more patchy and uneven with it, and honestly... it makes my skin feel dirtier :(
- finish is natural-shiny (matte, natural, shiny are the 3 categories from less shiny to more)
my skin type
- combination. normal everywhere except a bit oily in the t-zone and some dry patches and blemishes on the forehead. also i have sensitive skin and react poorly to most foundations/tinted moisturizers/bb creams.

on 1/1/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let's start with the positive: this product, in the light-medium color, actually blended well into my super pale skin, and it didn't emphasize any dry spots on my skin. Unfortunately, though, it settled into my pores, clogged them, and caused breakouts.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Alcohol, Lecithin, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Soybean Oil, PVP, Platinum Powder, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. continued >>

on 7/17/2015 3:14:00 PM

Hands down my favorite BB cream to date. The color matches my skin tone easily, and it provides great coverage without being too heavy. I love the SPF 45, too! It lasts most of the day and helps make my other products (blush, bronzer, etc) go on smoothly and blends easily.

on 4/27/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hate the packaging, if you don't store standing up on the cap it can be hard to get the product out when it runs low. Also, i had to buy both shades to get the right match for skin. I love how it makes my skin look and it is not drying at all. Perfect for Florida sun.

on 4/9/2015 8:02:00 PM

I got a sample of this, and didn't expect it to work at ALL for my almost tan skin, with its pale color. MAN, was I wrong. When it goes on initially, it is too light, but somehow it seems to adjust to my skin color and cover all but my darkest undereye bags. It evens out my skin, and provides hydration throughout the day for my dry, winter skin. It may be too thick and hydrating for my rather oily skin in the summer. But overall - a SHOCKINGLY awesome product that will probably be my go-to BB cream/foundation in the colder months!

on 1/28/2015 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I got this as a sample in Birchbox. The first time I used this I knew instantly that this product was pretty awesome! I'm really into BB creams and this one is hands down the BEST by a longshot. I generally use foundation over top of BB creams but with this one I don't have to. It evens out my skin tone and has a subtle dewy finish. I've been using it a solid week to make sure it wasn't a fluke of any sort but, it's not, it's the real deal! It has a very faint smell which is nice but I'm also not a smell freak. It feels great on my skin, very light. I would say it lasted all day, approx 7 hrs. If I don't have too much going on I put this on, mascara and gloss and it's such a fresh look. I love samples and trying new things so I really lucked out with this one. First time I've ordered a product after sampling from any of my subscription services. Thanks Birchbox!

on 11/30/2014 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I really don't see the point of this. It did not "adjust" to my skin tone, whether very pale or tan and I've been every shade in that spectrum this summer. Offered absolutely zero coverage for me. I ended up using it up by using it as a base and that repurposing wasn't the greatest. Working on a deluxe sample from a Sephora Favorites kit and then I'm done. Definitely will not purchase full size.

I've been trying out different tinted moisturisers and usually use Clinique Citiblock Sheer SPF 25. I like this BB Cream. Application is smooth and it sinks in well. Uses physical mineral ingredient sun barriers rather than chemical (no eye irritation) and has no fragrance. Color does run pinkish-grey, but it works for my skin tone so I can't complain. (Usually tinted BB creams are too yellow or too orange for my pale skin.) Price is mid-, heading into high for something purchased at the drugstore, but quality is quite good. Not the biggest fan of the hard-sided tube, but I did crack it open to get everything out at the end. If you don't dig everything out, there is too much wastage at that price. Will probably pick this up on sale as an alternative to my beloved Clinique.

Edited to say I picked up another tube on sale and am upping this to 5 lippies. I still love the Citiblock Sheer, which I prefer for travel due to smaller tube size, but the Dr. Jart + has a silkier application and depending on the time of year, coverage and skin tone match can't be beat. Really love this stuff.