Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not usually a fan of BB creams but I received a full size of this in a Dr Jart holiday set. I wasn't expecting to like it- but I love it! It gives great coverage and a lovely luminous finish. Not too dewy, not too matte. It's great that it has a high SPF. And I'm always a fan of a pump. It looked grey when I pumped it on the back of my hand- but when I applied it, it matched me perfectly. I deduct one point for not having a broader color range. There are only 2 shades so it might not work for very fair or deep skin tones.

on 11/4/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First BB cream I've ever liked. I'm usually a medium coverage foundation kinda girl but I saw a great review of this and got sucked in. I bought it online and didn't get to select which colour I could get so I think I got the medium to deep? Suits my NC30 skin beautifully. Not too pink or orange just a very neutralizing beige. Cancels out redness, smooths over pores and feels and looks like a moisturiser but with medium coverage. Does leave a moisturised glow finish which I lightly dust with a loose powder. I also wear my hourglass mineral primer with it because I'm oily combo and really nothing lasts more than 4 hours without this primer. I got all day with this BB cream. My skin looked flawless in the most natural possible way. I really can't compare this product to anything I own and I own ALOT of foundation and skincare. It is similar in texture to the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream but this is so much better and so is the wear time.
I can use fingers or brush to apply, both look outstanding. Natural enough for the day time and enough coverage for even the evening! A Must try for everyone I think.

on 8/27/2015 10:59:00 AM

AMAZING product! I'm a medium skin tone, initially purchased the product in the winter and it was a great match. I was worried it would not match my skin in the summer months but somehow it did even though I tanned. I even took this to cuba and wore it everyday and it lasted and made my skin look flawless all day. In the summer I use it without a moisturizer but in the winter I do wear my moisturizer underneath as my skin does get fairly dry. I also tend to have flaky skin in the winter and this is one of the very few products that did not accentuate this problem. Also did not break out my sensitive skin. LOVE this bb cream, I hope it does not get discontinued...has been out of stock on the sephora website for quite some time now :(. Only complaint I have is that the packaging is awful. The pump stops taking out product with over 25% of the product still in there. So I use the the handle of a thin brush to get the product out which can be time consuming and not very sanitary. I hope they fix the packaging. All in all it's the best bb cream I have ever used and will continue to purchase.

on 4/9/2015 8:02:00 PM

I got a sample of this, and didn't expect it to work at ALL for my almost tan skin, with its pale color. MAN, was I wrong. When it goes on initially, it is too light, but somehow it seems to adjust to my skin color and cover all but my darkest undereye bags. It evens out my skin, and provides hydration throughout the day for my dry, winter skin. It may be too thick and hydrating for my rather oily skin in the summer. But overall - a SHOCKINGLY awesome product that will probably be my go-to BB cream/foundation in the colder months!

on 10/29/2014 8:01:00 PM

This is my HG BB. I received a sample of the Black Label in my Birchbox and went to Sephora to get more, but I noticed the other types of Dr Jart BB cream, so I tried them. I really liked the way the Premium looked--it wasn't as "bright" as the Radiant one, but less dull than the Black Label (which I really do like) So I decided to buy this one. It makes my skin look PERFECT. I am 44 years old, acne prone around jawline, some skin discoloration due to sun damage and some acne scars. It covers my scarring perfectly, and makes my skin discoloration disappear. It feels great and is definitely high quality. I live in Florida so I love the SPF and love that it's a physical not chemical blocker. Initially when you put it on, you're like "whoa what the hell" but give it 5 minutes and it blends really well I have slightly olive, medium toned skin, I am NOT pale, but it still works really well. I am thrilled to have found this after trying about 5 other BB creams, both Korean and cheap drugstore brands.

on 6/1/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I went to Sephora asking for some samples of sweat-proof foundation. When I posted on thie message board, a user recommended this. I tend not to like BB Creams very well, because they give almost no coverage. But I was willing to give a try. So I got a sample of this from Sephora.

I really don't like this BB cream. There are a few reasons why. First, this comes in only one shade. It claims to be for every skintone. But I don't think it really is. The cream itself is almost a greyish color. When I first applied it, it looked AWFUL. It basically made me look like I was dead. Given a little time, it did adjust somewhat to my skin, but I've had much better color matches with other foundations.

2nd, I would describe this as sheer to light coverage. It is definitely NOT medium coverage. Due to a genetic disease, I have a lot of redness and small bumps on my face. They make me self-conscious, so I like to cover them up. But I don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. Even after applying two layers, you could still clearly see the redness under the makeup.

I also think that this is way overpriced. In my opinion, it's not even mediocre.

If you are someone who needs very little coverage, I would recommend this BB cream. But if you have anything you want to hide, this simply won't do the trick. You are better off looking elsewhere. I will probably end up throwing away the sample, and will not purchase a full-sized bottle.

on 5/31/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as part of the Sephora 2012 Sun Safety Kit. I like that this had a high SPF and I didn't seem to notice any breakouts. The coverage is decent and not too think so it would be ideal to wear underneath foundation for sun protection. Although, I would not wear this by itself on a regular basis since it is very matte on me. The color also didn't match my skin tone very well. Almost every brand now has BB Creams out so I would look forward to trying more. This one seems to be nothing special.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For reference: I'm Asian and NC35. I know many people said that this is geared towards pale and pinky undertones. I still went ahead and tried it. The verdict? Well, I admit it's a bit too white for my complexion, but when it sets after a few minutes, it kind of melds into my skin. I don't really see a ghostly or ashy face. My skin is normally combo oily and this does make me a little oily after 4-5 hours. I'm not crazy about that but I have to say the coverage is nice. It covers most if my past acne scars and a few sun spots. I like the creamy texture. This formula is very much like a foundation. I typically use a sponge to blend. I absolutely love the SPF 45. My skin is very finicky. I am breakout prone and I have acne scars on my cheeks. Im the type that will check ingredients before buying products. I noticed that this BB cream contained stearic acid and soybean oil so I was a little worried but you know what? My skin did not get irritated nor did it cause a bad breakout. I'm impressed with the BB cream, considering it's my first too. I have already bought another bottle for backup. Like I said, it's a great product except it can make my face oily after a few hours and also the hard case is hard to determine how much product is left. But I love the pump. Overall, I like this product. Great for outdoor events and just a natural, glowy complexion. If you are fair and pinky undertones, is definitely try this. You won't be disappointed. :)

on 3/8/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This BB cream makes my skin look great. It gives a pearly glow unlike other strong physical sunscreens that give a more metallic finish. The color is a little light for me, but a little bronzer and/or powder makes it perfect.
I get up at 4:30 to go to the gym before work, so I need a quick face routine in the morning. I shower and apply this BB cream and some mascara, then I add blush/bronzer at the office. I use the BB cream as my moisturizer and sunscreen on my entire face -- even my eyelids. (My eyelinds tend to look oily, but this cream works as well as any eyelid primer I have ever used.) My face never looks dry, cakey or oily with this amazing product, and I get ready in record time.

I've been using this for 2 weeks and I'm in LOVE. A little goes a long way. I use 3/4 of a pump on my face, use a bit of concealer where needed and set with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. Let it set into your skin a minute and you'll see that it blends with your natural shade. After that, some contouring and mascara leaves me with a natural, medium coverage look. I have acne prone skin and have had no problems so far. I hope it stays this way!