Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

on 8/14/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

As far as I know, this only comes in two shades which is ridiculous and completely eliminates it as a viable option for most people. That said, *when* my skin tone happens to match one of them, I love this for no-makeup-makeup days. UVA/UVB defense with no chalky white cast and just enough coverage to blur my imperfections and give me a bit of glow. Won't repurchase because to my knowledge it's not cruelty free.

on 3/23/2016 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my light coverage, easy weekend/day-off HG product! It evens out my complexion and provides protection from the sun. I reapplied 4 times today and it still looked great. Just what I was looking for!
Update I have been wearing this for months now and I love it even more. It adjusts perfectly to my skin color. Everytime I see a photo of my self taken when I was wearing this, I think that my skin must have been flawless that day! I think the coverage is actually medium.

on 1/6/2016 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of my go-to face products in the winter along with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation/Serum. I have sensitive, dry/dehydrated skin, and I prefer my skin to have a dewy, glowing, almost glossy finish. This BB cream does that. The light/medium shade is slightly too dark/orange for me (NC10-15) so I either use a color corrector with it or blend it pretty far down my neck. It gives me medium coverage, and while I like fuller coverage usually, I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of coverage if it makes my skin look like this. It contains a substantial amount of physical SPF, doesn't irritate my skin, and is one of the few things that can make my skin glow in cold, dry weather.

I hate the packaging and I wish they'd update it, but I don't see that happening too soon. I've repurchased it once already. I also deducted an overall lippie because this melts off of my face in the summer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a mini tube of this as a Sephora VIB offer -- I was thrilled to get it because I had wanted to try it for a few years. My experience with it was mixed:
The Good:
- covers redness well for a BB cream
- has a dewy, natural finish
- includes spf 45 broad-spectrum protection (zinc + titanium dioxide)
- does not cause breakouts or irritation on my sensitive/reactive/acne-prone/rosacean skin
- reasonably priced ($39 usd)
- can be found easily as it's available at Sephora

The Bad:
- seems like it never really sets completely (transfers)
- it comes in one shade only -- and that shade is very cool-toned and pinky (doesn't seem like it would match many people)

The Ugly:
- with my yellow undertones (I'm NC15), this looks almost lavender and clashes in a really obvious way. Makes me look sickly. I hope they come out with more shades because I would definitely give it another try.

on 8/20/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm happy I gave this a go. With a drop of MFE yellow corrector blends well with my light, sallow skintone but I suspect it would look weird on those with very fair or medium-to-deep skin tone. It's also a little bandaid-fleshtone right out of the tube. The coverage is surprisingly good--it evens out my skin tone and tones down my visible acne scars. A fast coat of this followed by a bit of Smashbox Halo powder in Light in the center of my face provides a super-fast everyday finish. I do use it over sunscreen when I'm going to be outside for a while because it would look masklike if I used enough for significant sun protection. I haven't broken out, it's not drying, and superfast. After 3 weeks I still like it, but I'm still holding on to my Sephora receipt.