Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.6

on 4/30/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

First off, I cannot rate the packaging since I don't own it and only got a Sephora sample. I can rate the product itself and it didn't wow me. The shade range is TERRIBLE. The light tone is super pink based - not even close to neutral. I opted for the darker tone, as it was much more golden, but it was too dark. It looked very mask like and I was unable to blend it in a way that looked right with my neck. Unfortunately, this is enough to be a deal breaker, as if the shade looks bad it doesn't matter how well the product works or doesn't work. I went ahead and wore it for a bit to be able to comment on other aspects. It did look nice (other than the color mismatch) and left skin nicely moisturized. It was slightly tacky, but a little powder would solve that. It didn't settle in creases or cling to dry patches. It definitely didn't have much coverage - it evened skintone out, but didn't cover any discoloration. It also caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I think this brand and I aren't compatible due to the essential oils - they seem to make my skin inflamed with tiny bumps. If you have sensitive or reactive skin I'd be careful with this product and brand.

on 12/24/2016 10:32:00 PM

I like this bb cream it works well for me. About me NW20 or below, very cool undertones for reference and the light - medium is seamless with my skin. I find this lasted hours on me and it gave me decent coverage too. I used pink and yellow correctors before hand and that's it. I didn't need concealer as much at all. This doesn't make me break out and it works well with my sensitive combo skin. More dry in the colder months. I purchased this in a kit where you got the full size bb cream with a few other things and I really like Dr Jart+ products.

This didn't separate nor settle into fine lines. I did need to set it with powder but besides that it lasted hours with no need for a touch up. I applied it with a brush but hands work too. It controlled my oil very well. It also didn't dry my skin out it hydrated it. This formula leans on the cool side I find which works well for me. So that's something to be aware of for those who don't like pink in there bb cream. I would repurchase this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've delved into the world of K beauty and skincare, and Dr. Jart was on my shopping list. I've used several other BB creams, but nothing I really enjoyed... until this.

While on a little Christmas shopping spree at Sephora, I couldn't help but check this one out. As the description says, "A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum, Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 is an all-in-one product that provides advanced brightening properties. Perfect under makeup, its natural-looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skintone. Antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine protect skin from harsh environmental factors while restoring firmness and elasticity. This lightweight formula features mineral sunscreens to provide broad spectrum sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Skin is left looking smooth, perfect, and natural." It seemed like the perfect all in one product. So, I added to my *growing* cart.

Today is the first time I am wearing and trying it, and I LOVE IT. I really love a dewy, radiant rinish, and this gives it to you! I applied with a brush and blended. Immediately I received a healthy glow. Definitely can be worn on its own. It has a beautiful finish. I then did the rest of my makeup as I usually do, and its blended seamlessly with my routine. Already received compliments too - My husband said my skin looks "fresh".

Definitely pricey, but I think for all it has to offer, and a little going such a long way, its worth the hefty price tag. I'll definitely keep this in my routine!

tried the light-medium, the color itself had a chalky look color and weird type of cast of color when applied

on 10/12/2016 8:08:00 AM

I wear this most days - I have dry skin and most foundations end up looking patchy on me. This however goes on evenly, has good wear and evens out my red skin tone ... I gave some to my mom and now she's a convert too. I couldn't ask for more... except maybe less bulky packaging and slightly cheaper :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG bb. I'm photosensitive, so I take spf seriously. There's no odor, it goes on smoothly, a little gives just enough coverage, and I have a great 'natural but better' look.

on 6/19/2016 7:37:00 AM

I love this - it evens out my skin tone and gives me real protection from the sun with its broad-spectrum SPF of 45. I really appreciate the fact it uses only physical sunblock ingredients, since my skin has reacted badly to chemical sunscreens in the past. I have oily-combination skin and this feels very comfortable - it's not greasy at all and doesn't dry out my skin, either. A real winner.

on 3/13/2016 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got a couple sample packs of this from Sephora in the light to medium shade. The finish is dewy-ish but not glaringly shiny. It's not as nice as Skin79 gold, though, which is sheer and makes skin look a little smoother. This is sheer as well, but i felt like my bare skin looks better. It could be because the color is so far off. I got a look at this in bright light, and it is way too pink for my skin tone. Skin79 also skews a bit too pink on me, but this looks really obvious. Also, i found it slightly too dark (my skin is pale, but not super pale, with olive undertones).

packaging
- from online pictures, the container looks like it would be bendy and soft, but it's hard plastic
- the pump squirts out the bb cream in short, rapid bursts. you have to be careful with it, or it will get all over the place
feel
- not greasy, but not really nice. it isn't irritating, but it doesn't have a soothing or comfortable feel to it. to me, it feels like some random mediocre bb cream from the drugstore
coverage/look
- the coverage is medium, but it actually makes my skin look not as nice as before, even though it covers blemishes and redness. i look more patchy and uneven with it, and honestly... it makes my skin feel dirtier :(
- finish is natural-shiny (matte, natural, shiny are the 3 categories from less shiny to more)
my skin type
- combination. normal everywhere except a bit oily in the t-zone and some dry patches and blemishes on the forehead. also i have sensitive skin and react poorly to most foundations/tinted moisturizers/bb creams.

I got this at Christmas and gave been using it for about a month. I am impressed with this BB cream. It covers well and makes my skin look flawless. It lasts on my skin all day without fading or oxidizing. I have not experienced any redness or breakouts with this. I like it a lot.