Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Filtered by hair type : Other
Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.6

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So...I did what I do best: I got myself not 1 but 2 samples of Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm. First one was from last year at some point and the new one just came in the post yesterday!
Ok so the first one I used in between my Juice Beauty CC cream running out and the replacement tube arriving. It looked slightly chalky on me which is a first as Asian tones are often a good match for me. Not too noticeable though. It was also a lot heavier than I expected and made my skin look greasy in just a few hours after applying. This is definitely one for the drier skin types. I tried my sample tube twice and set it to one side…

…then I tried the newer version (the one where the parabens have gone and in come the Eucalyptus and citrus oils) and I could not use it for longer than one day. Why? Because my skin started itching and breaking out in small red patches that looked like hives. My skin is a bit sensitive so this could be why. I did give it to my mum (in her late 50’s with dry skin) to try and she had no issues with it at all.

Bottom line: if it’s the updated ingredients version you have your eyes on, then you may definitely want to ask for a sample tube first before investing in the actual full size product! For those who can still get the old version and were happy with it – go stock up quick before its gone!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 10/22/2017 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted something I could wear under mineral powder foundation that wasn't heavy. This works great for that. It helps even out the redness and acts like a primer with a bit of coverage. I don't wear it by itself . It does what I bought it for

I use this as a concealer. It's quite opaque and settles into the skin with a natural sheen, neither dewy nor matte, and kind of adjusts its color a bit as it settles. I received a sample in my Birchbox subscription and found it was excellent for covering up the persistent hyperpigmentation on my chin that likes to radiate through even my fullest coverage foundations. It's got a cool tone and layers well with other foundation/concealer products. It feels too pigmented, honestly, to use all over my face.

For a BB cream, it's quite expensive. It feels a little more worth the price as a concealer, though, since it's so effective and I only need a teeny, tiny amount of it daily to daub over my most attention-seeking blemishes. The flaw, which is a flaw that other Dr. Jart+ BBs have as well, is the incredibly limited shade range. If you aren't light-medium, and thus the beauty industry's primary focus and target, you are not served by this product. I would hope the brand is looking into expanding its shade ranges pronto.

on 2/5/2017 5:07:00 PM

Pros: Did not irritate my sensitive skin* the light tone matched my skin tone & left a sheer cover with a little bit of blur to my skin.* SPF 45* Fragrance Free! If you are looking for light coverage- this works great! Good rating from Paula.

Con: This left my oily skin too shiny! This would be awesome for dry to normal skin. Just too bad, I really liked how it did not irritate my rosacea! $38 at Sephora :/

I wanted something quick and easy for my busy summer days and this definitely fits the bill as far as coverage, SPF, and ease of use. I would have preferred the tube to NOT be hard plastic, but it is lightweight to carry and I'm not afraid of breaking it.

I would be considered a NW20-30, and find the shade suitable for my skin and have had no lines of demarcation whatsoever. There is a slight cast upon initial application, but that is fairly standard as far as the SPF range is concerned. Dissipats quickly. Coverge is better than a tinted moisturizer, but not quite what I would consider medium coverage. Almost....but not quite.

My skin is normal to dry, and can be sensitive depending upon treatment the night before (glycolic, retinols,etc). This formula is hydrating on me and does not irritate my skin.

As far as recommending it again, it would be a tough call. I enjoy this product but since this is my first BB cream, I would likely try another brand because I enjoy new products. Very, very few products make it into what I would call HG status because I am such a makeup monger.

Overall this is a nice product, and I would recommend trying it, especially if curious about BB creams and looking to streamline your morning routine.

on 5/1/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The color comes out a bit grayish-pink but adjusts accordingly. This BB cream felt like a mask sitting on top of my skin. I was hopeful of a multitasking product with great SPF but would not recommend this one.

on 3/13/2016 12:50:00 AM

Coverage is very sheer. It doesn't really cover any blemishes but it does help even out redness. It's a very dewy finish which is nice but it doesn't last on me. It looks like I'm wearing nothing after a couple of hours. My biggest complaint is the color is very beige/pink. I have yellow undertones NC20ish but I struggle with redness, so using a pink toned bb cream can make my entire face look flushed. If you have yellow undertones I would avoid this one.

on 8/27/2015 10:59:00 AM

AMAZING product! I'm a medium skin tone, initially purchased the product in the winter and it was a great match. I was worried it would not match my skin in the summer months but somehow it did even though I tanned. I even took this to cuba and wore it everyday and it lasted and made my skin look flawless all day. In the summer I use it without a moisturizer but in the winter I do wear my moisturizer underneath as my skin does get fairly dry. I also tend to have flaky skin in the winter and this is one of the very few products that did not accentuate this problem. Also did not break out my sensitive skin. LOVE this bb cream, I hope it does not get discontinued...has been out of stock on the sephora website for quite some time now :(. Only complaint I have is that the packaging is awful. The pump stops taking out product with over 25% of the product still in there. So I use the the handle of a thin brush to get the product out which can be time consuming and not very sanitary. I hope they fix the packaging. All in all it's the best bb cream I have ever used and will continue to purchase.

on 1/28/2015 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I got this as a sample in Birchbox. The first time I used this I knew instantly that this product was pretty awesome! I'm really into BB creams and this one is hands down the BEST by a longshot. I generally use foundation over top of BB creams but with this one I don't have to. It evens out my skin tone and has a subtle dewy finish. I've been using it a solid week to make sure it wasn't a fluke of any sort but, it's not, it's the real deal! It has a very faint smell which is nice but I'm also not a smell freak. It feels great on my skin, very light. I would say it lasted all day, approx 7 hrs. If I don't have too much going on I put this on, mascara and gloss and it's such a fresh look. I love samples and trying new things so I really lucked out with this one. First time I've ordered a product after sampling from any of my subscription services. Thanks Birchbox!

on 9/2/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It worked really well for my combination skin. It was extremely moisturizing and provided moderate coverage.