Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

on 10/26/2017 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my favourite beauty balm. And I use beauty balm almost every day so I think I have a decent feel for these products. I have dry skin so I really appreciate how emollient and moisturizing this stuff is. In Canadian winters, you really need some serious hydration and I love this. Never see any dry patches or flaking when I use this and if I need a little more coverage, just top off with a foundation powder or tinted powder of some kind. Looks flawless almost every single time. It's not gray like a lot of other Asian BB creams that I have are like, and it's just feels lovely when applying. No strong scent and some nice mineral SPF. The ONLY gripe I have with this is there are parabens in it, but if that doesn't bother you, then i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend. I'd dare say it's my HG BB cream. When I tried it for the first time (thanks StephanieNicole for the recommendation), I immediately purchased back ups because I can't imagine not having this (and that's saying a lot because I already had a few Dr. Jart BB cream back ups in other versions).

on 10/22/2017 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted something I could wear under mineral powder foundation that wasn't heavy. This works great for that. It helps even out the redness and acts like a primer with a bit of coverage. I don't wear it by itself . It does what I bought it for

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

"Error, page reloading." So now you get the midnight abbreviated version.

I received a sample of this with an order I placed for a different BB/CC and happen to prefer the Dr. Jart more.

SPF 45: I wasn't aware until recently that SPF only reflects UVB protection—some of you weren't aware until just now and it's okay, just admit it—which is slightly misleading. This BB earns points for being broad spectrum AND physical, with both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (~6%), the latter of which is an effective UVA block. No white cast problems here, either (unlike Ghost In the Shell . . . *silence*).

Texture, Coverage, & Finish: As some others have stated, this BB has just the right amount of radiance; it looks very natural in terms of patina. I received the middle shade (light-medium), which is an appropriate fit for my skin. It has a relatively neutral undertone, maybe a bit olive, which works well to counterbalance the natural rosiness of my cheeks (I want fake rosiness!). This may not be ideal for all; I assume it relates to the manufacturer/origin. It is a moderately thick cream that provides sheer to lower-end-of-medium coverage. Though it will vary by skin type, I find this ideal—it is appropriate to use as a daily face lotion over serums and essences. Once on the face, it does not feel heavy. Initially, it feels mildly tacky to the touch, but this goes away as the product sinks in. I choose to use a light dusting of loose powder around the nose, etc. If you plan to use it in time-limited situations with powder bronzer/blushes/highlighters, you may find it a wise choice to lightly powder those areas of the face, as well, to prevent uneven color distribution.

Wear: This stuff did not settle into the creases that run from my nose to my mouth or the crevices around my nose. That happens with every foundation I use, thick or thin, so credit is due. It did not oxidize, as far as I could tell, and it did a good job of keeping my face balanced all day—it didn't feel dry and the one time I oil-blotted was out of habit. Maybe it was my imagination, but it almost seemed to look better as the (active) day went on; I even cried a little once (boohoo feel bad for me) with no consequence. I swear, as it continued to sink into my skin throughout the day, it looked more natural while retaining its corrective benefits.

Packaging & Cost: This BB comes in a golden-ish tube, which is what almost all BBs come in and they are thankfully conducive to minimal waste. I often prefer squeeze packaging when texture makes it possible, as it's resistant to clogging and it's easier to control how much product is dispensed versus a pump. The cost per liquid ounce works out to be $26/oz, which is on par with—if not less than—other brands.

Minus 1 Lippie: I took off one overall lippie because of the limited color options. (I wear Ivory in Laura Mercier Silk Crème and the middle shade here, so my guess is this won't work for everyone.) I'm also experiencing a bit of pilling this evening, but I consider that minor because I'm a bad person who touches her face . . . and it's likely a side-effect of the mineral sunscreen (and powder), nothing that would be noticed unless someone were aggressively rubbing your skin (whatever you're into).

This bb cream is amazing for me. I use the light to medium color (there are two shades available) and usually mix it with a touch of Marc Jacobs coconut Primer and it works like a dream. I find this is a more moderate coverage Cream. I love that it includes a high spf and is fragrance free. There are also some beneficial ingredients as well. My more detailed review video is below.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've delved into the world of K beauty and skincare, and Dr. Jart was on my shopping list. I've used several other BB creams, but nothing I really enjoyed... until this.

While on a little Christmas shopping spree at Sephora, I couldn't help but check this one out. As the description says, "A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum, Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 is an all-in-one product that provides advanced brightening properties. Perfect under makeup, its natural-looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skintone. Antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine protect skin from harsh environmental factors while restoring firmness and elasticity. This lightweight formula features mineral sunscreens to provide broad spectrum sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Skin is left looking smooth, perfect, and natural." It seemed like the perfect all in one product. So, I added to my *growing* cart.

Today is the first time I am wearing and trying it, and I LOVE IT. I really love a dewy, radiant rinish, and this gives it to you! I applied with a brush and blended. Immediately I received a healthy glow. Definitely can be worn on its own. It has a beautiful finish. I then did the rest of my makeup as I usually do, and its blended seamlessly with my routine. Already received compliments too - My husband said my skin looks "fresh".

Definitely pricey, but I think for all it has to offer, and a little going such a long way, its worth the hefty price tag. I'll definitely keep this in my routine!

on 10/25/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is clogged my pores, acne prone skin would not be happy with this:) and if ur oily dont even thing this worth of ur money! This is good for people that has normal skin to dry skin! I used to love this but since my face keep breakouts!:(

on 6/19/2016 7:37:00 AM

I love this - it evens out my skin tone and gives me real protection from the sun with its broad-spectrum SPF of 45. I really appreciate the fact it uses only physical sunblock ingredients, since my skin has reacted badly to chemical sunscreens in the past. I have oily-combination skin and this feels very comfortable - it's not greasy at all and doesn't dry out my skin, either. A real winner.

I wanted something quick and easy for my busy summer days and this definitely fits the bill as far as coverage, SPF, and ease of use. I would have preferred the tube to NOT be hard plastic, but it is lightweight to carry and I'm not afraid of breaking it.

I would be considered a NW20-30, and find the shade suitable for my skin and have had no lines of demarcation whatsoever. There is a slight cast upon initial application, but that is fairly standard as far as the SPF range is concerned. Dissipats quickly. Coverge is better than a tinted moisturizer, but not quite what I would consider medium coverage. Almost....but not quite.

My skin is normal to dry, and can be sensitive depending upon treatment the night before (glycolic, retinols,etc). This formula is hydrating on me and does not irritate my skin.

As far as recommending it again, it would be a tough call. I enjoy this product but since this is my first BB cream, I would likely try another brand because I enjoy new products. Very, very few products make it into what I would call HG status because I am such a makeup monger.

Overall this is a nice product, and I would recommend trying it, especially if curious about BB creams and looking to streamline your morning routine.

on 5/1/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The color comes out a bit grayish-pink but adjusts accordingly. This BB cream felt like a mask sitting on top of my skin. I was hopeful of a multitasking product with great SPF but would not recommend this one.

packaging
- from online pictures, the container looks like it would be bendy and soft, but it's hard plastic
- the pump squirts out the bb cream in short, rapid bursts. you have to be careful with it, or it will get all over the place
feel
- not greasy, but not really nice. it isn't irritating, but it doesn't have a soothing or comfortable feel to it. to me, it feels like some random mediocre bb cream from the drugstore
coverage/look
- the coverage is medium, but it actually makes my skin look not as nice as before, even though it covers blemishes and redness. i look more patchy and uneven with it, and honestly... it makes my skin feel dirtier :(
- finish is natural-shiny (matte, natural, shiny are the 3 categories from less shiny to more)
my skin type
- combination. normal everywhere except a bit oily in the t-zone and some dry patches and blemishes on the forehead. also i have sensitive skin and react poorly to most foundations/tinted moisturizers/bb creams.