Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So...I did what I do best: I got myself not 1 but 2 samples of Dr Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm. First one was from last year at some point and the new one just came in the post yesterday!
Ok so the first one I used in between my Juice Beauty CC cream running out and the replacement tube arriving. It looked slightly chalky on me which is a first as Asian tones are often a good match for me. Not too noticeable though. It was also a lot heavier than I expected and made my skin look greasy in just a few hours after applying. This is definitely one for the drier skin types. I tried my sample tube twice and set it to one side…

…then I tried the newer version (the one where the parabens have gone and in come the Eucalyptus and citrus oils) and I could not use it for longer than one day. Why? Because my skin started itching and breaking out in small red patches that looked like hives. My skin is a bit sensitive so this could be why. I did give it to my mum (in her late 50’s with dry skin) to try and she had no issues with it at all.

Bottom line: if it’s the updated ingredients version you have your eyes on, then you may definitely want to ask for a sample tube first before investing in the actual full size product! For those who can still get the old version and were happy with it – go stock up quick before its gone!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I had to come here and write a review. I have used this for years and have loved it. I ran out and ordered a new one from Sephora. All of a sudden my skin was starting acting crazy. Irritated, stinging, redness. While trying to figure out what was going on I am putting on my trusty Dr. Jart B.B. and noticed a different smell to it and thought hmm maybe that’s it? I think I still got my box and low and behold the ingredients have changed. There are chemical sunscreens added now, all kinds of citrus oils! This is a no no for sensitive skin. I’m so pissed 😠 why do they not let the consumer know when they change ingredients???? I have been struggling for a month now and dang it I’m mad. I guess from now I will be reading ingredients when I get a new supply hoping they don’t just change it all up without letting the consumer know!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love love love! I’m 56 with sensitive dry skin. I was previously using It Cosmetics CC cream, but it sometimes looked too cakey. I use both colors, mix them to match my skin, and it gives great coverage (at least medium) and looks like my real skin. My skin is much less red since I’ve been using this, and the finish lasts all day. I love Dr Jart products!

shade was a deal breaker. got light to medium and it was pinkish gray. idk why the asian brands make their bb creams that odd tone....maybe it would look nice if you are super cool toned. i am neutral but i prefer a bit of yellow rather than pink to cancel redness on my face.

Great product for my dry skin. Provides light-medium coverage. I use the med-tan #2 shade and mix it with my w.lab whitening lotion to customize the perfect shade as the #1 shade is too light and #2 shade is too dark.
Gives me perfect looking skin. Looks natural and never cakey and I like that it is moisturising.
I believe it's fragrance free which is a plus for sensitive skin.

on 11/23/2017 12:29:00 PM

I had high hopes for this cream but the finish was terrible. It went on smoothly and slightly tacky, but it never really dried down. Within just an hour it was highlighting my pores and looked like a greasy mess.

on 10/29/2017 11:25:00 AM

I’ve been using this quite a bit lately adding two drops from the cover FX custom cover drops to add a bit more coverage and perfect my color and then blending with fingers . Then I smooth it out with a beauty blender add powder to the t- zone add some blush and I’m good to go for the weekend .
I still use a fuller coverage for my workdays but this one is high SPF And surprisingly blendable into my NW 20 skin.

on 10/26/2017 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my favourite beauty balm. And I use beauty balm almost every day so I think I have a decent feel for these products. I have dry skin so I really appreciate how emollient and moisturizing this stuff is. In Canadian winters, you really need some serious hydration and I love this. Never see any dry patches or flaking when I use this and if I need a little more coverage, just top off with a foundation powder or tinted powder of some kind. Looks flawless almost every single time. It's not gray like a lot of other Asian BB creams that I have are like, and it's just feels lovely when applying. No strong scent and some nice mineral SPF. The ONLY gripe I have with this is there are parabens in it, but if that doesn't bother you, then i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend. I'd dare say it's my HG BB cream. When I tried it for the first time (thanks StephanieNicole for the recommendation), I immediately purchased back ups because I can't imagine not having this (and that's saying a lot because I already had a few Dr. Jart BB cream back ups in other versions).

on 10/22/2017 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted something I could wear under mineral powder foundation that wasn't heavy. This works great for that. It helps even out the redness and acts like a primer with a bit of coverage. I don't wear it by itself . It does what I bought it for

on 9/14/2017 5:25:00 PM

I really love the effect of this product on the skin. Great SPF included. I used it alone or mixed with my EL DW Light foundation and it looks perfect. Unfortunately it caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I try it many times but they appeared always after I use it :-((