Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.7

on 4/30/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

First off, I cannot rate the packaging since I don't own it and only got a Sephora sample. I can rate the product itself and it didn't wow me. The shade range is TERRIBLE. The light tone is super pink based - not even close to neutral. I opted for the darker tone, as it was much more golden, but it was too dark. It looked very mask like and I was unable to blend it in a way that looked right with my neck. Unfortunately, this is enough to be a deal breaker, as if the shade looks bad it doesn't matter how well the product works or doesn't work. I went ahead and wore it for a bit to be able to comment on other aspects. It did look nice (other than the color mismatch) and left skin nicely moisturized. It was slightly tacky, but a little powder would solve that. It didn't settle in creases or cling to dry patches. It definitely didn't have much coverage - it evened skintone out, but didn't cover any discoloration. It also caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I think this brand and I aren't compatible due to the essential oils - they seem to make my skin inflamed with tiny bumps. If you have sensitive or reactive skin I'd be careful with this product and brand.

I use this as a concealer. It's quite opaque and settles into the skin with a natural sheen, neither dewy nor matte, and kind of adjusts its color a bit as it settles. I received a sample in my Birchbox subscription and found it was excellent for covering up the persistent hyperpigmentation on my chin that likes to radiate through even my fullest coverage foundations. It's got a cool tone and layers well with other foundation/concealer products. It feels too pigmented, honestly, to use all over my face.

For a BB cream, it's quite expensive. It feels a little more worth the price as a concealer, though, since it's so effective and I only need a teeny, tiny amount of it daily to daub over my most attention-seeking blemishes. The flaw, which is a flaw that other Dr. Jart+ BBs have as well, is the incredibly limited shade range. If you aren't light-medium, and thus the beauty industry's primary focus and target, you are not served by this product. I would hope the brand is looking into expanding its shade ranges pronto.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not usually a fan of BB creams but I received a full size of this in a Dr Jart holiday set. I wasn't expecting to like it- but I love it! It gives great coverage and a lovely luminous finish. Not too dewy, not too matte. It's great that it has a high SPF. And I'm always a fan of a pump. It looked grey when I pumped it on the back of my hand- but when I applied it, it matched me perfectly. I deduct one point for not having a broader color range. There are only 2 shades so it might not work for very fair or deep skin tones.

on 10/25/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is clogged my pores, acne prone skin would not be happy with this:) and if ur oily dont even thing this worth of ur money! This is good for people that has normal skin to dry skin! I used to love this but since my face keep breakouts!:(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG bb. I'm photosensitive, so I take spf seriously. There's no odor, it goes on smoothly, a little gives just enough coverage, and I have a great 'natural but better' look.

on 3/23/2016 9:57:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is my light coverage, easy weekend/day-off HG product! It evens out my complexion and provides protection from the sun. I reapplied 4 times today and it still looked great. Just what I was looking for!
Update I have been wearing this for months now and I love it even more. It adjusts perfectly to my skin color. Everytime I see a photo of my self taken when I was wearing this, I think that my skin must have been flawless that day! I think the coverage is actually medium.

on 1/6/2016 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of my go-to face products in the winter along with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation/Serum. I have sensitive, dry/dehydrated skin, and I prefer my skin to have a dewy, glowing, almost glossy finish. This BB cream does that. The light/medium shade is slightly too dark/orange for me (NC10-15) so I either use a color corrector with it or blend it pretty far down my neck. It gives me medium coverage, and while I like fuller coverage usually, I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of coverage if it makes my skin look like this. It contains a substantial amount of physical SPF, doesn't irritate my skin, and is one of the few things that can make my skin glow in cold, dry weather.

I hate the packaging and I wish they'd update it, but I don't see that happening too soon. I've repurchased it once already. I also deducted an overall lippie because this melts off of my face in the summer.

on 1/1/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Let's start with the positive: this product, in the light-medium color, actually blended well into my super pale skin, and it didn't emphasize any dry spots on my skin. Unfortunately, though, it settled into my pores, clogged them, and caused breakouts.

Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Alcohol, Lecithin, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Soybean Oil, PVP, Platinum Powder, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a mini tube of this as a Sephora VIB offer -- I was thrilled to get it because I had wanted to try it for a few years. My experience with it was mixed:
The Good:
- covers redness well for a BB cream
- has a dewy, natural finish
- includes spf 45 broad-spectrum protection (zinc + titanium dioxide)
- does not cause breakouts or irritation on my sensitive/reactive/acne-prone/rosacean skin
- reasonably priced ($39 usd)
- can be found easily as it's available at Sephora

The Bad:
- seems like it never really sets completely (transfers)
- it comes in one shade only -- and that shade is very cool-toned and pinky (doesn't seem like it would match many people)

The Ugly:
- with my yellow undertones (I'm NC15), this looks almost lavender and clashes in a really obvious way. Makes me look sickly. I hope they come out with more shades because I would definitely give it another try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is how all BB creams should be. This one is so luxurious, the formula is to die for. Just so blendable and silky. It takes a moment for it to "dry" and not feel wet. Covers up all sorts of imperfections and under eye darkness! This will match most skintones and it does look very natural, but it still makes one slightly paler due to the high SPF. For awhile I wore this as my daily "foundation" but I wanted to look less pale and went back to my Bobbi skin foundation. This BB cream is nice because it can be mixed with other products to add some moisture/spf/ or blurring. Oh, it also stays on ALL freaking day. My friend and her boyfriend told me my makeup looked nice at the end of a long night when I wore this out to a show. I am only 27 but this would be great for aging faces or women who have decided not to wear makeup anymore due to foundation enhancing appearance of age. Great product.