Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.3

on 6/1/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I went to Sephora asking for some samples of sweat-proof foundation. When I posted on thie message board, a user recommended this. I tend not to like BB Creams very well, because they give almost no coverage. But I was willing to give a try. So I got a sample of this from Sephora.

I really don't like this BB cream. There are a few reasons why. First, this comes in only one shade. It claims to be for every skintone. But I don't think it really is. The cream itself is almost a greyish color. When I first applied it, it looked AWFUL. It basically made me look like I was dead. Given a little time, it did adjust somewhat to my skin, but I've had much better color matches with other foundations.

2nd, I would describe this as sheer to light coverage. It is definitely NOT medium coverage. Due to a genetic disease, I have a lot of redness and small bumps on my face. They make me self-conscious, so I like to cover them up. But I don't want to look like I'm wearing a ton of makeup. Even after applying two layers, you could still clearly see the redness under the makeup.

I also think that this is way overpriced. In my opinion, it's not even mediocre.

If you are someone who needs very little coverage, I would recommend this BB cream. But if you have anything you want to hide, this simply won't do the trick. You are better off looking elsewhere. I will probably end up throwing away the sample, and will not purchase a full-sized bottle.

on 3/26/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love it. I thought this was finally the product that can make my skin look good in one step (I have acne-prone, very oily all over, acnes scars) and it looked like a perfect finish just after application. But a couple of hours later, it started to feel oily and messy, like it disintegrated. No coverage anymore when it starts to melt off my face. It was a rainy cold day, I was in aircon room and I wasn't even perspiring as I usually do. I guess I shouldn't blame the product as there hasn't been a product that matches my skin perfectly. But I wouldn't recommend to people with oily skin and I would't repurchase again, at least not the Silver Label.

p.s. It broke me out. Pretty sure this was the culprit as nothing else was on my face.

on 8/2/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. It is a little light in color, so I mix it with Boscia's BB and the color is perfect. I use this as my foundation.

on 4/1/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love, love, LOVE this stuff!

I initially bought it mainly for the high SPF because I have been desperately searching for one that doesn't look shiny on my super-oily skin -- even the so-called matte or "dry touch" facial sunscreens end up incredibly greasy-looking on me. Anyway, I certainly don't achieve a "shine-free" face with this (I'm really surprised at the number of reviewers who find it too drying!), but I can live with it since I'm so impressed with it otherwise.

I hate the feeling of foundation on my skin and seldom use it, but this product gives me a bit of evening-out without that feeling like something is plastered on my face. This is the first sunscreen that I can put anywhere near my eyes without awful burning irritation from the chemical fumes -- why oh why would anyone manufacture a facial sunscreen that can't even go on the top of one's cheeks without giving off fumes??

Even at this age I'm very prone to breakouts -- if I even lightly touch my face when I have hand lotion on, I'll get a pimple at that spot the next day -- but this product hasn't caused any issues whatsoever. If anything, it may even have improved my skin condition. It matches my skin tone perfectly, perks up the pale areas and hides the pinkish bits -- I don't look "made up", I just look like an improved version of me.

The best part was the compliments that started pouring in about a week after I started using it. People kept telling me that they didn't know what I was doing differently, but I was looking really great