Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.3

on 10/22/2017 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted something I could wear under mineral powder foundation that wasn't heavy. This works great for that. It helps even out the redness and acts like a primer with a bit of coverage. I don't wear it by itself . It does what I bought it for

on 3/13/2016 12:50:00 AM

Coverage is very sheer. It doesn't really cover any blemishes but it does help even out redness. It's a very dewy finish which is nice but it doesn't last on me. It looks like I'm wearing nothing after a couple of hours. My biggest complaint is the color is very beige/pink. I have yellow undertones NC20ish but I struggle with redness, so using a pink toned bb cream can make my entire face look flushed. If you have yellow undertones I would avoid this one.

This product seriously broke me out, it block my pores which result in a large area of small but intensive acne around my chins and temples, wouldn't recommend it to acne-prone skin.

This is a great medium between a BB cream and a foundation; it's not too heavy but not too sheer. Although when first applied, I found it was a little too dark, it blended nicely with my skin tone within a few hours. This never once broke me out, but I would definitely say that it's more suited for dryer to combination skin as I found the finish slightly dewy/shiny. I definitely needed a matte powder for this one. As far as packaging I looved how sturdy it was, great for traveling!

Excellent

on 5/31/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as part of the Sephora 2012 Sun Safety Kit. I like that this had a high SPF and I didn't seem to notice any breakouts. The coverage is decent and not too think so it would be ideal to wear underneath foundation for sun protection. Although, I would not wear this by itself on a regular basis since it is very matte on me. The color also didn't match my skin tone very well. Almost every brand now has BB Creams out so I would look forward to trying more. This one seems to be nothing special.

on 4/25/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

All I can say is TOO PINK AND CHALKY, yuck..

on 11/12/2012 5:07:00 PM

This is my FAVORITE BB cream I have EVER used. The packaging is neat it looks like you would squeeze the bottle to get product but instead once you take the cap off there is a pump. The bottle cap isn't very tightly on the bottle so it often falls off, but since the product is so well I can deal with it! The coverage is light but there is something about it that makes your skin look very nice. It doesn't make your skin break out which is something I have to have due to the fact I have sensitive skin. There is no scent either. Overall It is just a wonderful product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

background:
i am an NC25-NC30. i have sensitive, hormonal cystic acne prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks. some hyper pigmentation on cheeks. when i get upset my cheeks get red and stay red for the day and even until the next day sometimes.

my sister is an NC30-NC35. her skin is oily and sensitive.

we both tried this beauty balm everyday for a week.

pros:
high spf
moisture
did not irritate skin
did not cause breakouts
-(not even when slept in)
some coverage
tube has a pump

cons:
chalky grey pink color
-(i looked dark and pink, my sister looked grey- literally scary)
transfers
does not give a matte look
-(i never have to use more than one oil blot sheet, i almost finished a pack in a day with this balm & my sister looked sweaty)
did not subdue the red in my cheeks when i got upset lol
expensive
not enough coverage, a concealer is needed
contains parabens

on 4/21/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I tried this because my super-sensitive skin had gotten quite dry and I needed an alternative to mineral makeup. Sephora gave me a sample and I immediately thought it was going to be far too dark. However, it melts into skin and does a good job of disappearing. It is a tiny bit darker than foundations I buy, but because it's more sheer, a little Mineral Veil over the top seems to address that. I generally avoid having flaky skin and do very little touch-up during the day - usually just my nose, which gets red from allergies. It's really great to have moisturizer, sunsreen and tint in one product. If you suffer from seasonal allergies, I particularly recommend it, as a quick dab on the tip of the nose makes you look and feel better with minimal effort and no mess!