Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.9

on 11/23/2017 12:29:00 PM

I had high hopes for this cream but the finish was terrible. It went on smoothly and slightly tacky, but it never really dried down. Within just an hour it was highlighting my pores and looked like a greasy mess.

on 9/14/2017 5:25:00 PM

I really love the effect of this product on the skin. Great SPF included. I used it alone or mixed with my EL DW Light foundation and it looks perfect. Unfortunately it caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I try it many times but they appeared always after I use it :-((

I have purchased this BB 3 times, and also have gone through 3 of the deluxe sample sizes that Sephora has been handing out, because I love it THAT much. I'm around an NC18 in my skintone, and I don't find this too pink for me...it's the perfect shade, perfect amount of coverage, and gives me glowy skin without feeling greasy. I feel like I get great coverage from it, but my skin still shines through in the best way. It can be purchased in 2 sizes from Sephora, and also shows up at Costco for a really good deal about once a year. I always get the lightest shade, btw. Will definitely repurchase, this is holy grail for my 41 year old, somewhat dry skin.

on 2/5/2017 5:07:00 PM

Pros: Did not irritate my sensitive skin* the light tone matched my skin tone & left a sheer cover with a little bit of blur to my skin.* SPF 45* Fragrance Free! If you are looking for light coverage- this works great! Good rating from Paula.

Con: This left my oily skin too shiny! This would be awesome for dry to normal skin. Just too bad, I really liked how it did not irritate my rosacea! $38 at Sephora :/

on 12/24/2016 10:32:00 PM

I like this bb cream it works well for me. About me NW20 or below, very cool undertones for reference and the light - medium is seamless with my skin. I find this lasted hours on me and it gave me decent coverage too. I used pink and yellow correctors before hand and that's it. I didn't need concealer as much at all. This doesn't make me break out and it works well with my sensitive combo skin. More dry in the colder months. I purchased this in a kit where you got the full size bb cream with a few other things and I really like Dr Jart+ products.

This didn't separate nor settle into fine lines. I did need to set it with powder but besides that it lasted hours with no need for a touch up. I applied it with a brush but hands work too. It controlled my oil very well. It also didn't dry my skin out it hydrated it. This formula leans on the cool side I find which works well for me. So that's something to be aware of for those who don't like pink in there bb cream. I would repurchase this.

tried the light-medium, the color itself had a chalky look color and weird type of cast of color when applied

on 6/19/2016 7:37:00 AM

I love this - it evens out my skin tone and gives me real protection from the sun with its broad-spectrum SPF of 45. I really appreciate the fact it uses only physical sunblock ingredients, since my skin has reacted badly to chemical sunscreens in the past. I have oily-combination skin and this feels very comfortable - it's not greasy at all and doesn't dry out my skin, either. A real winner.

on 3/13/2016 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I got a couple sample packs of this from Sephora in the light to medium shade. The finish is dewy-ish but not glaringly shiny. It's not as nice as Skin79 gold, though, which is sheer and makes skin look a little smoother. This is sheer as well, but i felt like my bare skin looks better. It could be because the color is so far off. I got a look at this in bright light, and it is way too pink for my skin tone. Skin79 also skews a bit too pink on me, but this looks really obvious. Also, i found it slightly too dark (my skin is pale, but not super pale, with olive undertones).

packaging
- from online pictures, the container looks like it would be bendy and soft, but it's hard plastic
- the pump squirts out the bb cream in short, rapid bursts. you have to be careful with it, or it will get all over the place
feel
- not greasy, but not really nice. it isn't irritating, but it doesn't have a soothing or comfortable feel to it. to me, it feels like some random mediocre bb cream from the drugstore
coverage/look
- the coverage is medium, but it actually makes my skin look not as nice as before, even though it covers blemishes and redness. i look more patchy and uneven with it, and honestly... it makes my skin feel dirtier :(
- finish is natural-shiny (matte, natural, shiny are the 3 categories from less shiny to more)
my skin type
- combination. normal everywhere except a bit oily in the t-zone and some dry patches and blemishes on the forehead. also i have sensitive skin and react poorly to most foundations/tinted moisturizers/bb creams.

on 11/12/2015 2:06:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I bought this in a set. I saw that it was Light-medium and was excited that it was my color, but applying it I was a little iffy. It looked more light than medium, and it was way too light for my complexion. As it sat, it started to match my skin much better and I actually really like this. During the fall, my skin gets really dry and ashy. I was so excited to try the product that I forgot to put on moisturizer, and usually with foundations it makes my skin look way more dry than it was before. With this product I was happy that it didn't draw that kind of attention to my face. Overall, I am happy with this product