Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

on 8/14/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

As far as I know, this only comes in two shades which is ridiculous and completely eliminates it as a viable option for most people. That said, *when* my skin tone happens to match one of them, I love this for no-makeup-makeup days. UVA/UVB defense with no chalky white cast and just enough coverage to blur my imperfections and give me a bit of glow. Won't repurchase because to my knowledge it's not cruelty free.

on 12/30/2016 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my third tube of this, which says a lot because I'm kind of fickle and like to try different products all the time. This is really the best BB cream for my combo/aging skin. It is so versatile, since it works well as a base or on its own. It evens out my skin, moisturizes, but isn't heavy or gloppy. And the SPF 45 makes it extra special and it's a must for everyday, even if it's the only thing I put on my face. I should add that the pump can get a little messy and squirt product in all directions (especially as it runs low), so be careful of that.

on 4/27/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hate the packaging, if you don't store standing up on the cap it can be hard to get the product out when it runs low. Also, i had to buy both shades to get the right match for skin. I love how it makes my skin look and it is not drying at all. Perfect for Florida sun.

on 6/25/2012 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Edit: I have taken to mixing my LS with this BB cream and it is perfect. I mic one part LS foundation and two parts Dr. Jart, for me this is the perfect mix. I'm still putting my sunscreen over the mixture and it's working like a charm for me. I'm enjoying this more now than before, therefore I am upping my lippies by 1.

I was given this BB and another BB to try out. I found that I like this BB better than the other one. I used the sample everyday and it was not too pink on my skin it did not look like I had makeup on either, that I like. I used this BB cream first for the benefits of the cream itself then I put my sunscreen over it, my sunscreen is a 60, this is a 45, both have a PA+++ which makes me happy. I went out and bought the bottle of it.
I like that his cream matches my skin-tone, has anti-aging serum, bio-peptides, firming technology, and brighteners. I'm ok with that. I'm ok with using it before I use my normal sunscreen too. If this is at all oily it is not for me since I use my sunscreen after and my sunscreen tends to mattify any oily look this cream might give.
I apply this BB cream, wait a couple of minutes and apply my sunscreen, then it's off to the races! LOL! I used it last week in the dreadful heat we had on a ride for a funeral. The BB cream stayed put and so did my sunscreen. The only thing that ran away was the lower lash mascara, but it didn't matter anyway. I had an even tone, that was a plus since I was melting every place and felt like a wet rag, I was drenched from main to tail, but my face was not running, LOL.
I can not say that I would buy this again. I want to see with long term use if the bio-peptides make a difference. I like the SPF 45 PA+++, but I don't want it to come right off with sweat which it does, hence the use of my sunscreen over it since my sunscreen is sweat resistant enough to hold up to a heavy dose of sweating without serious repeat applications.
I hope this will be good enough to use as a base for makeup in the winter, hopefully not making the makeup too dark, but helping to keep the lines and wrinkles to a minimum. This is definitely lighter in weight on my face than GA's face fabric, or LS. I think this is a good choice for the summer for now. If it is helping with lines and wrinkles then I am all about it. I like it when people say I look too young to have kids as old as I have them, LOL!

on 8/7/2011 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this! It has great coverage--just enough to cover small imperfections, but not thick. It's only one shade, but it works perfectly for me. I have very dry skin, but it provides moisture. I do use a serum underneath, but it is my sunscreen, moisturizer and foundation in one.
My only concern, and the reason I didn't give it a 5 is that sunscreen needs to be applied generously (I use it always) and it's a little hard to slather on without thinking your applying a color mask. It doesn't seem to appear thick, but it might cause users to not apply as much as needed because of the tint. (This is my first BB or tinted moisturizer.) I've taken to applying it without a mirror so I know I'm using enough. I also have to use a separate sunscreen for my neck, chest and hands now because the color in this would come off on clothes if used lower.

Update: I'm not using this anymore. It pills up pretty bad and that makes me worry even more about the sunscreen coverage besides being a real pain.