Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.6

on 2/17/2012 4:49:00 PM

I have pink/ fair skin tones, and this product complements that well. This is lightweight, but definitely evens out your entire skin tone w/ out looking too pancake-y or slick and shiny. I'd try it first, for a few days to see for yourself; that's what hooked me. I never would have paid 39.00 without making sure it was worthwhile first.

Note; I still use a bit of under eye lightner/concealer but don't need much else after applying this!

on 4/1/2012 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love, love, LOVE this stuff!

I initially bought it mainly for the high SPF because I have been desperately searching for one that doesn't look shiny on my super-oily skin -- even the so-called matte or "dry touch" facial sunscreens end up incredibly greasy-looking on me. Anyway, I certainly don't achieve a "shine-free" face with this (I'm really surprised at the number of reviewers who find it too drying!), but I can live with it since I'm so impressed with it otherwise.

I hate the feeling of foundation on my skin and seldom use it, but this product gives me a bit of evening-out without that feeling like something is plastered on my face. This is the first sunscreen that I can put anywhere near my eyes without awful burning irritation from the chemical fumes -- why oh why would anyone manufacture a facial sunscreen that can't even go on the top of one's cheeks without giving off fumes??

Even at this age I'm very prone to breakouts -- if I even lightly touch my face when I have hand lotion on, I'll get a pimple at that spot the next day -- but this product hasn't caused any issues whatsoever. If anything, it may even have improved my skin condition. It matches my skin tone perfectly, perks up the pale areas and hides the pinkish bits -- I don't look "made up", I just look like an improved version of me.

The best part was the compliments that started pouring in about a week after I started using it. People kept telling me that they didn't know what I was doing differently, but I was looking really great

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I don't like foundations, and, although this feels like one to me, it is so moisturizing and easy to use and--most importantly-- protects the skin from the sun using high percentages of the physical sunscreens titanium dioxide (9%) and zinc oxide (6%), that I rather like it. It glides on much like Melashade, only it's way more moisturizing and easy to build up (it doesn't ball up or emphasize dry patches, although I do moisturize beforehand). I can't say I enjoy putting it on--it just feels too much like make-up for my taste).
My one major gripe is that it has parabens. If not for that, I think it might deserve 5 lippies (and, this is being totally picky, but I wish the container were glass nstead of plastic, since studies now say that plastic may be messing with our hormones).
It is a bit chalky-colored for my ruddy complexion, and if I apply an amount even approaching the "nickel-sized dollop to the face" that the Skin Cancer Foundation recommends, I look like I'm wearing makeup (especially any places that I have blonde peach-fuzz). But today I was out in the midday sun for a half-hour and I didn't burn (although I did get rosy cheeks). It's a tiny bit shiny for my taste, but my skin is so dry from Retin-A that I'll take shine over the dry patches some physical sunscreens exaggerate. It does make my skin look glowy--but that can also exaggerate any acne scars.
Also, I am acne-prone, but it has not caused me to break out yet (knock on wood ;-).
Sephora's website states that is does not contain:
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dipropylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Arbutin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Calcium Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polysorbate 80, Propylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Tocopheryl Acetate, Adenosine, Alcohol, Lecithin, rh-Oligopeptide-1, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, PVP, Platinum powder, Steareth-20, Chrysin, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide.

on 6/6/2012 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this product and was especially intrigued by the SPF45. I have very fair skin with a slight pink tinge. I was given a sample at Sephora and this morning applied it. I wasn't bothered by the feeling of putting liquid paste on my face but I was so disappointed to see my face getting PINK and I do mean pink. I waited thinking the shade would change but it did not. I now have a very pink face next to my white neck. I don't think Sephora carries the Dr. J product that comes in different shades. Even though that product isn't SPF45, I'd give it a try. I'm so disappointed - back to SPF moisturizer, then primer, then foundation.
*********************************************************
A couple hours later, I looked in the mirror. The pink had subsided a lot. But the makeup was too dark - a definite difference between face and neck. I stopped into Sephora and asked the "expert" what she thought and her response was it's too dark. She then showed me SmashBox's BB Camera Ready in "Fair". It's SPF35. I took a sample and will try it tomorrow. So I still would not buy Dr. J but will hope for the best with SB. SPF35 isn't as good as SPF45 but it's better than a lot of other stuff. By the way, SB BB came in (I think) six shades. Fair was the lightest.

on 8/17/2012 10:35:00 AM

I really wanted to like this. The idea of not having to use a separate moisturizer, foundation and sunscreen is very appealing to me. I also noticed that only physical sunscreen ingredients are used in this product. I have rosacea and am very sensitive to chemical sunscreens so this was another reason that I was very interested in this product. I wound up trying this product all over my face one day before going to work, which was a mistake - I did not like the way I looked and I was stuck wearing it all day.

Pros: I found it completely non-irritating and it did do a good job of covering my rosacea.
Cons: I'm a NW 15 and this product is just too dark for me. It's probably best suited for a NW 20-25 complexion. I also did not feel that it was very moisturizing (and I have normal-oily combination skin) even though it felt heavy on my face. It also seemed settled in my pores a little. Finally, it did not do much to hide my dark under eye circles (although, to be fair, I do have horrific under eye circles)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought the Premium Beauty Balm for colder months and Water Fuse for the summer and while I was impressed by the ingredients, physical sunblock, and light coverage both unfortunately clogged my pores and gave me whiteheads. I really wish they didn't because I love the dewy, natural finish they give.

on 10/19/2012 9:36:00 AM

I bought this a week ago on a whim in place of my tinted moisturizer and have been using it daily. I have only tried 2 other BB creams before this (Smashbox which was too visible on top of my skin) & Boscia which was too dark for my NW15ish skin). This stuff is amazing so far. It goes on so smoothly, sinks in, evens out my skintone, moisturizes, and provides sun protection. It's exactly what I want in a "foundation"--that no make-up look/feel. A little powder finishes it off. I have an oily t-zone and this does not make it worse as some products do. I still have to blot later in the day w/an oil absorbing sheet but that is to be expected. So far I love this.

on 3/16/2013 5:29:00 PM

So I was a little nervous trying this one out and even after application I almost took it off but I am glad I just gave it a little more time. I have very pale cool toned-neutral skin and when I put it on at first my face looked a little pinkish and slightly too dark. I will say after about 20 minutes the color seemed to adjust to my skin and then looked perfectly natural. The finish was a demi matte at first but then got a lil more dewy looking after a few hours. I did have to blot my tzone after around 5 hours BUT my tzone can be pretty oily some days and the product didnt slide or disappear it just let a lil oil through lol. Nothing that isn't fixable happened.

I got the set of 4 dr jart bb creams honestly I have tried 3 of them (black label detox, premium, water fuse) and I love them all equally. They give light-medium coverage. I find them a little moisturizing but even with my combo/oily skin I always use a moisturizer/primer first so if you have dry skin you may still want to use a good moisturizer as I just don't feel this one does as good of a job at that.

Hands down this is better than ALL the drugstore BB creams I have tried and I would say does pretty close to the 2 asian bb creams I have so it is a pretty good product. Sometimes you get what you pay for. The cheap ones just aren't worth anything more than a tinted moisturizer...at least this one will cover my dark circles and most blemishes or redness in one application and doesn't break me out. My skin seems to like it just fine :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the only foundation/BB Cream/Whatever that I have ever used consistently without getting sick of it or just "over it" and moving on. That's rare for me. I've tried other BB Creams and haven't been super impressed. I tried this on the back of my hand at Sephora and it looked SO smooth and silky and hydrating (I have dry skin) and even had a sort-of "sheen" to it... I had to buy it. I'm so glad I did. I love everything about it. It has a nice SPF (45) and it does NOT reek of SPF! I am sensitive to that smell-- I hate it. It gives smooth, even coverage but is sheer enough to see skin underneath... it glides over and hides imperfections but still looks like skin... It might be a bit too dark for anyone darker than NC20... If I have a tan, this might have a bit of a whitish cast... I'm NC15-20 (depending on the sun I get). It's silky and makes my dry skin look almost dewy... The bottle has a neat dispenser that clicks closed when turned. Very easy, no dealing with lids that can be lost... I love this stuff. It's worth the $. The only other foundation I'd use again is Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Fndtn. I'd say these are somewhat comparable (for someone with dry skin, at least)...

on 6/1/2013 7:49:00 PM

I like this product. It has pretty good coverage for a bb cream and as a redhead, I love that it has a high SPF! My one complaint and the reason that I would not repurchase it; I feel like it get's really shiny. I have dry skin and halfway through the day I feel super shiny and have to re-powder. Good- not great.