Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.8

on 9/14/2017 5:25:00 PM

I really love the effect of this product on the skin. Great SPF included. I used it alone or mixed with my EL DW Light foundation and it looks perfect. Unfortunately it caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I try it many times but they appeared always after I use it :-((

on 8/14/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

As far as I know, this only comes in two shades which is ridiculous and completely eliminates it as a viable option for most people. That said, *when* my skin tone happens to match one of them, I love this for no-makeup-makeup days. UVA/UVB defense with no chalky white cast and just enough coverage to blur my imperfections and give me a bit of glow. Won't repurchase because to my knowledge it's not cruelty free.

I have purchased this BB 3 times, and also have gone through 3 of the deluxe sample sizes that Sephora has been handing out, because I love it THAT much. I'm around an NC18 in my skintone, and I don't find this too pink for me...it's the perfect shade, perfect amount of coverage, and gives me glowy skin without feeling greasy. I feel like I get great coverage from it, but my skin still shines through in the best way. It can be purchased in 2 sizes from Sephora, and also shows up at Costco for a really good deal about once a year. I always get the lightest shade, btw. Will definitely repurchase, this is holy grail for my 41 year old, somewhat dry skin.

on 4/30/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

First off, I cannot rate the packaging since I don't own it and only got a Sephora sample. I can rate the product itself and it didn't wow me. The shade range is TERRIBLE. The light tone is super pink based - not even close to neutral. I opted for the darker tone, as it was much more golden, but it was too dark. It looked very mask like and I was unable to blend it in a way that looked right with my neck. Unfortunately, this is enough to be a deal breaker, as if the shade looks bad it doesn't matter how well the product works or doesn't work. I went ahead and wore it for a bit to be able to comment on other aspects. It did look nice (other than the color mismatch) and left skin nicely moisturized. It was slightly tacky, but a little powder would solve that. It didn't settle in creases or cling to dry patches. It definitely didn't have much coverage - it evened skintone out, but didn't cover any discoloration. It also caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I think this brand and I aren't compatible due to the essential oils - they seem to make my skin inflamed with tiny bumps. If you have sensitive or reactive skin I'd be careful with this product and brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

"Error, page reloading." So now you get the midnight abbreviated version.

I received a sample of this with an order I placed for a different BB/CC and happen to prefer the Dr. Jart more.

SPF 45: I wasn't aware until recently that SPF only reflects UVB protection—some of you weren't aware until just now and it's okay, just admit it—which is slightly misleading. This BB earns points for being broad spectrum AND physical, with both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (~6%), the latter of which is an effective UVA block. No white cast problems here, either (unlike Ghost In the Shell . . . *silence*).

Texture, Coverage, & Finish: As some others have stated, this BB has just the right amount of radiance; it looks very natural in terms of patina. I received the middle shade (light-medium), which is an appropriate fit for my skin. It has a relatively neutral undertone, maybe a bit olive, which works well to counterbalance the natural rosiness of my cheeks (I want fake rosiness!). This may not be ideal for all; I assume it relates to the manufacturer/origin. It is a moderately thick cream that provides sheer to lower-end-of-medium coverage. Though it will vary by skin type, I find this ideal—it is appropriate to use as a daily face lotion over serums and essences. Once on the face, it does not feel heavy. Initially, it feels mildly tacky to the touch, but this goes away as the product sinks in. I choose to use a light dusting of loose powder around the nose, etc. If you plan to use it in time-limited situations with powder bronzer/blushes/highlighters, you may find it a wise choice to lightly powder those areas of the face, as well, to prevent uneven color distribution.

Wear: This stuff did not settle into the creases that run from my nose to my mouth or the crevices around my nose. That happens with every foundation I use, thick or thin, so credit is due. It did not oxidize, as far as I could tell, and it did a good job of keeping my face balanced all day—it didn't feel dry and the one time I oil-blotted was out of habit. Maybe it was my imagination, but it almost seemed to look better as the (active) day went on; I even cried a little once (boohoo feel bad for me) with no consequence. I swear, as it continued to sink into my skin throughout the day, it looked more natural while retaining its corrective benefits.

Packaging & Cost: This BB comes in a golden-ish tube, which is what almost all BBs come in and they are thankfully conducive to minimal waste. I often prefer squeeze packaging when texture makes it possible, as it's resistant to clogging and it's easier to control how much product is dispensed versus a pump. The cost per liquid ounce works out to be $26/oz, which is on par with—if not less than—other brands.

Minus 1 Lippie: I took off one overall lippie because of the limited color options. (I wear Ivory in Laura Mercier Silk Crème and the middle shade here, so my guess is this won't work for everyone.) I'm also experiencing a bit of pilling this evening, but I consider that minor because I'm a bad person who touches her face . . . and it's likely a side-effect of the mineral sunscreen (and powder), nothing that would be noticed unless someone were aggressively rubbing your skin (whatever you're into).

This bb cream is amazing for me. I use the light to medium color (there are two shades available) and usually mix it with a touch of Marc Jacobs coconut Primer and it works like a dream. I find this is a more moderate coverage Cream. I love that it includes a high spf and is fragrance free. There are also some beneficial ingredients as well. My more detailed review video is below.

on 12/30/2016 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on my third tube of this, which says a lot because I'm kind of fickle and like to try different products all the time. This is really the best BB cream for my combo/aging skin. It is so versatile, since it works well as a base or on its own. It evens out my skin, moisturizes, but isn't heavy or gloppy. And the SPF 45 makes it extra special and it's a must for everyday, even if it's the only thing I put on my face. I should add that the pump can get a little messy and squirt product in all directions (especially as it runs low), so be careful of that.

on 2/5/2017 5:07:00 PM

Pros: Did not irritate my sensitive skin* the light tone matched my skin tone & left a sheer cover with a little bit of blur to my skin.* SPF 45* Fragrance Free! If you are looking for light coverage- this works great! Good rating from Paula.

Con: This left my oily skin too shiny! This would be awesome for dry to normal skin. Just too bad, I really liked how it did not irritate my rosacea! $38 at Sephora :/

I use this as a concealer. It's quite opaque and settles into the skin with a natural sheen, neither dewy nor matte, and kind of adjusts its color a bit as it settles. I received a sample in my Birchbox subscription and found it was excellent for covering up the persistent hyperpigmentation on my chin that likes to radiate through even my fullest coverage foundations. It's got a cool tone and layers well with other foundation/concealer products. It feels too pigmented, honestly, to use all over my face.

For a BB cream, it's quite expensive. It feels a little more worth the price as a concealer, though, since it's so effective and I only need a teeny, tiny amount of it daily to daub over my most attention-seeking blemishes. The flaw, which is a flaw that other Dr. Jart+ BBs have as well, is the incredibly limited shade range. If you aren't light-medium, and thus the beauty industry's primary focus and target, you are not served by this product. I would hope the brand is looking into expanding its shade ranges pronto.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I'm not usually a fan of BB creams but I received a full size of this in a Dr Jart holiday set. I wasn't expecting to like it- but I love it! It gives great coverage and a lovely luminous finish. Not too dewy, not too matte. It's great that it has a high SPF. And I'm always a fan of a pump. It looked grey when I pumped it on the back of my hand- but when I applied it, it matched me perfectly. I deduct one point for not having a broader color range. There are only 2 shades so it might not work for very fair or deep skin tones.