Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.6

on 10/29/2017 11:25:00 AM

I’ve been using this quite a bit lately adding two drops from the cover FX custom cover drops to add a bit more coverage and perfect my color and then blending with fingers . Then I smooth it out with a beauty blender add powder to the t- zone add some blush and I’m good to go for the weekend .
I still use a fuller coverage for my workdays but this one is high SPF And surprisingly blendable into my NW 20 skin.

on 6/19/2016 7:37:00 AM

I love this - it evens out my skin tone and gives me real protection from the sun with its broad-spectrum SPF of 45. I really appreciate the fact it uses only physical sunblock ingredients, since my skin has reacted badly to chemical sunscreens in the past. I have oily-combination skin and this feels very comfortable - it's not greasy at all and doesn't dry out my skin, either. A real winner.

on 4/27/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hate the packaging, if you don't store standing up on the cap it can be hard to get the product out when it runs low. Also, i had to buy both shades to get the right match for skin. I love how it makes my skin look and it is not drying at all. Perfect for Florida sun.

on 1/22/2015 6:03:00 PM

I love this BB Cream. As far as I am concerned this is the best out there. I originally tried a sample from Sephora. I loved it so much I purchased the full tube. I wear this BB cream most days unless attending a wedding etc. On those days I wear Armani Fluid Foundation. This BB cream goes on smoothly, covers imperfections and leaves a lovely finish. I will never be without. You also get a 45spf.

on 4/25/2013 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

All I can say is TOO PINK AND CHALKY, yuck..

on 6/6/2012 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had such high hopes for this product and was especially intrigued by the SPF45. I have very fair skin with a slight pink tinge. I was given a sample at Sephora and this morning applied it. I wasn't bothered by the feeling of putting liquid paste on my face but I was so disappointed to see my face getting PINK and I do mean pink. I waited thinking the shade would change but it did not. I now have a very pink face next to my white neck. I don't think Sephora carries the Dr. J product that comes in different shades. Even though that product isn't SPF45, I'd give it a try. I'm so disappointed - back to SPF moisturizer, then primer, then foundation.
*********************************************************
A couple hours later, I looked in the mirror. The pink had subsided a lot. But the makeup was too dark - a definite difference between face and neck. I stopped into Sephora and asked the "expert" what she thought and her response was it's too dark. She then showed me SmashBox's BB Camera Ready in "Fair". It's SPF35. I took a sample and will try it tomorrow. So I still would not buy Dr. J but will hope for the best with SB. SPF35 isn't as good as SPF45 but it's better than a lot of other stuff. By the way, SB BB came in (I think) six shades. Fair was the lightest.

on 7/2/2011 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

After all the foofarrah about BB Creams, i was interested to see that Sephora was carrying some. The Dr. Jart brand has been around a while, so i dove in and bought the Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ (PA is the Asian code for UVA protection - the more pluses, the more protection)

This comes in a gold-bronze colored tube, but it doesn't squeeze out. Instead it has a pump. I have found that if i store it pump up it doesn't work as well as when i store it pump down. Also, often the first pump or two i only get a little splurt, then it seems to work OK.

I am glad to have both good SPF/UVB protection AND good PA/UVA protection (since the US has not yet instituted any standard for UVA protection) purely via minerals, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. It is comfortably moisturizing. And it includes other ingredients meant to improve aging skin.

I would not classify this as a primer/corrector, which is how it was originally listed here on MUA. It provides medium coverage, more than any tinted moisturizer i've tried. While it doesn't hide all my sun spots, it definitely tones them down alone with my rosacea-red cheeks and evens out my skin tone. It is nice not to have to put on both foundation and sunscreen (most foundations don't have enough SPF for my needs).

It feels soothing and creamy, but perhaps a bit heavy, when applied. And it only comes in one color (as do most BB Creams), in this case a little too dark for my complexion, but no worse than the myriad of expensive foundations i have been testing in my so far fruitless quest to find a foundation that matches my skin (neutral, between 15 & 20).