Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

4.1

on 10/22/2017 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted something I could wear under mineral powder foundation that wasn't heavy. This works great for that. It helps even out the redness and acts like a primer with a bit of coverage. I don't wear it by itself . It does what I bought it for

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG bb. I'm photosensitive, so I take spf seriously. There's no odor, it goes on smoothly, a little gives just enough coverage, and I have a great 'natural but better' look.

I wanted something quick and easy for my busy summer days and this definitely fits the bill as far as coverage, SPF, and ease of use. I would have preferred the tube to NOT be hard plastic, but it is lightweight to carry and I'm not afraid of breaking it.

I would be considered a NW20-30, and find the shade suitable for my skin and have had no lines of demarcation whatsoever. There is a slight cast upon initial application, but that is fairly standard as far as the SPF range is concerned. Dissipats quickly. Coverge is better than a tinted moisturizer, but not quite what I would consider medium coverage. Almost....but not quite.

My skin is normal to dry, and can be sensitive depending upon treatment the night before (glycolic, retinols,etc). This formula is hydrating on me and does not irritate my skin.

As far as recommending it again, it would be a tough call. I enjoy this product but since this is my first BB cream, I would likely try another brand because I enjoy new products. Very, very few products make it into what I would call HG status because I am such a makeup monger.

Overall this is a nice product, and I would recommend trying it, especially if curious about BB creams and looking to streamline your morning routine.

on 3/5/2015 9:31:00 PM

This product is fine but I was expecting it to be great after reading the reviews.

I still need to use moisturizer on my cheeks and unless I'm very careful with the application it looks cakey and the color looks off. It evens out my skin tone a bit but that is all. It's good enough that I'll finish the tube but then I'll go back to my regular foundation.

I got this at Christmas and gave been using it for about a month. I am impressed with this BB cream. It covers well and makes my skin look flawless. It lasts on my skin all day without fading or oxidizing. I have not experienced any redness or breakouts with this. I like it a lot.

on 1/28/2015 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I got this as a sample in Birchbox. The first time I used this I knew instantly that this product was pretty awesome! I'm really into BB creams and this one is hands down the BEST by a longshot. I generally use foundation over top of BB creams but with this one I don't have to. It evens out my skin tone and has a subtle dewy finish. I've been using it a solid week to make sure it wasn't a fluke of any sort but, it's not, it's the real deal! It has a very faint smell which is nice but I'm also not a smell freak. It feels great on my skin, very light. I would say it lasted all day, approx 7 hrs. If I don't have too much going on I put this on, mascara and gloss and it's such a fresh look. I love samples and trying new things so I really lucked out with this one. First time I've ordered a product after sampling from any of my subscription services. Thanks Birchbox!

on 10/29/2014 8:01:00 PM

This is my HG BB. I received a sample of the Black Label in my Birchbox and went to Sephora to get more, but I noticed the other types of Dr Jart BB cream, so I tried them. I really liked the way the Premium looked--it wasn't as "bright" as the Radiant one, but less dull than the Black Label (which I really do like) So I decided to buy this one. It makes my skin look PERFECT. I am 44 years old, acne prone around jawline, some skin discoloration due to sun damage and some acne scars. It covers my scarring perfectly, and makes my skin discoloration disappear. It feels great and is definitely high quality. I live in Florida so I love the SPF and love that it's a physical not chemical blocker. Initially when you put it on, you're like "whoa what the hell" but give it 5 minutes and it blends really well I have slightly olive, medium toned skin, I am NOT pale, but it still works really well. I am thrilled to have found this after trying about 5 other BB creams, both Korean and cheap drugstore brands.

I've been trying out different tinted moisturisers and usually use Clinique Citiblock Sheer SPF 25. I like this BB Cream. Application is smooth and it sinks in well. Uses physical mineral ingredient sun barriers rather than chemical (no eye irritation) and has no fragrance. Color does run pinkish-grey, but it works for my skin tone so I can't complain. (Usually tinted BB creams are too yellow or too orange for my pale skin.) Price is mid-, heading into high for something purchased at the drugstore, but quality is quite good. Not the biggest fan of the hard-sided tube, but I did crack it open to get everything out at the end. If you don't dig everything out, there is too much wastage at that price. Will probably pick this up on sale as an alternative to my beloved Clinique.

Edited to say I picked up another tube on sale and am upping this to 5 lippies. I still love the Citiblock Sheer, which I prefer for travel due to smaller tube size, but the Dr. Jart + has a silkier application and depending on the time of year, coverage and skin tone match can't be beat. Really love this stuff.

on 8/2/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. It is a little light in color, so I mix it with Boscia's BB and the color is perfect. I use this as my foundation.

This BB has nice coverage. The color seems to darken as you wear it. So beware buffing a touch of bronzer on! My biggest complaint with this product is Blackheads. I see nothing that states it's non- cominagentic (which I've likely spelled wrong).