Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.9

on 10/26/2017 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been my favourite beauty balm. And I use beauty balm almost every day so I think I have a decent feel for these products. I have dry skin so I really appreciate how emollient and moisturizing this stuff is. In Canadian winters, you really need some serious hydration and I love this. Never see any dry patches or flaking when I use this and if I need a little more coverage, just top off with a foundation powder or tinted powder of some kind. Looks flawless almost every single time. It's not gray like a lot of other Asian BB creams that I have are like, and it's just feels lovely when applying. No strong scent and some nice mineral SPF. The ONLY gripe I have with this is there are parabens in it, but if that doesn't bother you, then i HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend. I'd dare say it's my HG BB cream. When I tried it for the first time (thanks StephanieNicole for the recommendation), I immediately purchased back ups because I can't imagine not having this (and that's saying a lot because I already had a few Dr. Jart BB cream back ups in other versions).

on 9/14/2017 5:25:00 PM

I really love the effect of this product on the skin. Great SPF included. I used it alone or mixed with my EL DW Light foundation and it looks perfect. Unfortunately it caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I try it many times but they appeared always after I use it :-((

on 8/14/2017 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

As far as I know, this only comes in two shades which is ridiculous and completely eliminates it as a viable option for most people. That said, *when* my skin tone happens to match one of them, I love this for no-makeup-makeup days. UVA/UVB defense with no chalky white cast and just enough coverage to blur my imperfections and give me a bit of glow. Won't repurchase because to my knowledge it's not cruelty free.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

"Error, page reloading." So now you get the midnight abbreviated version.

I received a sample of this with an order I placed for a different BB/CC and happen to prefer the Dr. Jart more.

SPF 45: I wasn't aware until recently that SPF only reflects UVB protection—some of you weren't aware until just now and it's okay, just admit it—which is slightly misleading. This BB earns points for being broad spectrum AND physical, with both titanium dioxide and zinc oxide (~6%), the latter of which is an effective UVA block. No white cast problems here, either (unlike Ghost In the Shell . . . *silence*).

Texture, Coverage, & Finish: As some others have stated, this BB has just the right amount of radiance; it looks very natural in terms of patina. I received the middle shade (light-medium), which is an appropriate fit for my skin. It has a relatively neutral undertone, maybe a bit olive, which works well to counterbalance the natural rosiness of my cheeks (I want fake rosiness!). This may not be ideal for all; I assume it relates to the manufacturer/origin. It is a moderately thick cream that provides sheer to lower-end-of-medium coverage. Though it will vary by skin type, I find this ideal—it is appropriate to use as a daily face lotion over serums and essences. Once on the face, it does not feel heavy. Initially, it feels mildly tacky to the touch, but this goes away as the product sinks in. I choose to use a light dusting of loose powder around the nose, etc. If you plan to use it in time-limited situations with powder bronzer/blushes/highlighters, you may find it a wise choice to lightly powder those areas of the face, as well, to prevent uneven color distribution.

Wear: This stuff did not settle into the creases that run from my nose to my mouth or the crevices around my nose. That happens with every foundation I use, thick or thin, so credit is due. It did not oxidize, as far as I could tell, and it did a good job of keeping my face balanced all day—it didn't feel dry and the one time I oil-blotted was out of habit. Maybe it was my imagination, but it almost seemed to look better as the (active) day went on; I even cried a little once (boohoo feel bad for me) with no consequence. I swear, as it continued to sink into my skin throughout the day, it looked more natural while retaining its corrective benefits.

Packaging & Cost: This BB comes in a golden-ish tube, which is what almost all BBs come in and they are thankfully conducive to minimal waste. I often prefer squeeze packaging when texture makes it possible, as it's resistant to clogging and it's easier to control how much product is dispensed versus a pump. The cost per liquid ounce works out to be $26/oz, which is on par with—if not less than—other brands.

Minus 1 Lippie: I took off one overall lippie because of the limited color options. (I wear Ivory in Laura Mercier Silk Crème and the middle shade here, so my guess is this won't work for everyone.) I'm also experiencing a bit of pilling this evening, but I consider that minor because I'm a bad person who touches her face . . . and it's likely a side-effect of the mineral sunscreen (and powder), nothing that would be noticed unless someone were aggressively rubbing your skin (whatever you're into).

on 8/27/2015 10:59:00 AM

AMAZING product! I'm a medium skin tone, initially purchased the product in the winter and it was a great match. I was worried it would not match my skin in the summer months but somehow it did even though I tanned. I even took this to cuba and wore it everyday and it lasted and made my skin look flawless all day. In the summer I use it without a moisturizer but in the winter I do wear my moisturizer underneath as my skin does get fairly dry. I also tend to have flaky skin in the winter and this is one of the very few products that did not accentuate this problem. Also did not break out my sensitive skin. LOVE this bb cream, I hope it does not get discontinued...has been out of stock on the sephora website for quite some time now :(. Only complaint I have is that the packaging is awful. The pump stops taking out product with over 25% of the product still in there. So I use the the handle of a thin brush to get the product out which can be time consuming and not very sanitary. I hope they fix the packaging. All in all it's the best bb cream I have ever used and will continue to purchase.

on 7/17/2015 3:14:00 PM

Hands down my favorite BB cream to date. The color matches my skin tone easily, and it provides great coverage without being too heavy. I love the SPF 45, too! It lasts most of the day and helps make my other products (blush, bronzer, etc) go on smoothly and blends easily.

I love the dewy finish of this that I've been looking for. It's dewier than the black label, water green label, or white label for me. I have super dry flaky skin which is very unforgiving of non moisturizing products. This is light enough to let my freckles show through, which I appreciate. It's not like skin 79 which is high coverage or etude house mineral bb, higher matter coverage... No this is I just washed my face and it still has that shiny effect. No thick mask. Light fresh and dewy. HG. As for color, it matches my part pink part yellow korean irish german skin. So yes it's a weird color, but it works for me. It's neutral.

This is one of my favorite BB creams. I was using the Jouer luminizing moisture tint, but found this had much better coverage. Has worked really well with my skin and a little bit goes a long way. I was turned off by the color initially. But once you blend it into your skin, it is invisible!

Has EGF and all kinds of good ingredients that meet my very particular standards and requirements. It matches my pale pink cool Nordic skin tone perfectly and my sensitive skin loves it. The SPF is just a bonus bc I wear Skinmedica physical block underneath it, but I'd even wear this at night by itself if I were out of my MUFE HD foundation. Love it. Can't wait to try other Dr. Jart products.

on 1/20/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought 2 Dr. Jart BB creams - the Black Label and Premium. I ended up using the Black Label first and falling in love with it. I wish I had used Premium first - because while I like it just fine, I definitely prefer the Black Label.

How do they differ? The Premium reminds me more of North American BB's, it has sheer-light coverage and isn't very buildable (gets too shiny if layered), and a more oily-feeling moisturising base - the slickness is unappealing to me. If you don't use powder it tends to feel a tiny bit sticky on your face. I like dewy but this was a bit much on my skin. It feels like applying lotion, that hasn't quite sunk in - whereas the Black Label was a bit more matte, but very natural and non-greasy. Also, when I did a side-by-side comparison on my hand, I could tell the Premium was a bit more pinkish which is more noticeable on my yellow-toned skin in sunlight, while the Black Label has a more beige tone. Both are very light, and will probably work for those with fair to the lightest of medium skin tones (about NC20-25 max in my opinion, otherwise it can look grey). I was unable to wear this in the summer and hated both of them initially as my skin was darker, about NC25-30ish. When I did use it, I had to mix them with darker foundation - which is an option if it's a bit light for you.

The Premium can be good for casual make-up days. It is also fragrance-free. The coverage is enough to even out skin tone but not cover blemishes or dark circles or anything along those lines. But in the end - I prefer the Black Label, it blended perfectly into my skin and can be sheered out or built up to medium coverage, and I felt it "meshed" better with skin. I would not repurchase the Premium.