Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 25-29
Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++
Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.5

on 1/15/2015 2:40:00 PM

I am on my third or fourth tube. Over the past few years, my skin has been super dry. I was just trying to accept that my face would look very dry close-up after going through many different moisturizers (clinique, bliss, etc.). With this, I get the right level of coverage, skin protection, and no dryness. It is the best!
I am very fair skinned, but when I do self-tan, I add a splash of bronzer to this along with a small dab of darker foundation to make it look less washed out.

on 1/13/2013 1:35:00 AM

My skin is pretty good, a little on the dry and dehydrated side. I have no scars that I need to cover or acne. I'm NW 15.

I like this BB cream, I always use it either as a moisturizer and sunscreen in one or as a foundation. For a long day I might add more foundation in the areas I need it and skip concealer.

The effect is amazing. It feel good on my skin and evens it out a little. It looks fresh and natural, basically a little powder and I'm good to go (with concealer or foundation in some places).

During the summer I still opt to use a higher spf underneath it, but I love this because I can touch up on the sunscreen properties. I will rebuy this often an a lot

on 7/11/2012 11:28:00 AM

I have very dry, delicate skin with pinky-red cheeks from mild rosacea. Dr. Jart's Premium Beauty Balm matched my NW15 skin pretty well. For reference, I have also been successfully matched to both Diorskin Nude and Diorskin Forever in Ivory, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in BR10, Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc, and Benefit Oxygen Wow in Ivory. That being said, the color match is one of the very few good comments I can make about this product.

I was given a decent sample of this BB from a Sephora SA. I applied a layer to the back of my hand to make sure it matched my skin, which it more or less did. I patted the balm to clean, bare skin the first time I tried it, and I really disliked the texture. It's not quite sticky per se, but it's not a smooth texture. Also, nothing about this was hydrating for me at all. After about an hour, I rinsed the balm off and tried again.

Trial 2: I applied a thin layer of my regular moisturizer, Korres Wild Rose. After letting it sink into my skin for a few minutes, I reapplied some of the BB onto my face, and instantly felt a lot better. Now that my skin was nicely hydrated, I could concentrate on other facets of the balm. I did feel like my skin had a slightly pink-grey cast to it, but it wasn't noticeable to anyone else. I also felt it did a nice job of covering up my redness, but it didn't conceal the small PMS-related blemish I had on my chin.

After about two hours, my skin felt, again, sticky and sweaty. I had to run out the door and had no time to reapply my makeup again, so I added some of my favorite foundation powder on top, Diorskin Nude Fresh Glow. Right away, my skin brightened and the stickiness I was experiencing felt controlled.

I kept the BB on for about 8 hours, and it held up fairly well, but then again I'd set it with powder 2 hours in. However, I was glad to take it off by the day's end, and I threw the sample in the trash too. I see little point in this product. For $39, I could almost buy another bottle of my HG foundation. While I appreciated that this product has a very high SPF and forgoes using sulfates and synthetic fragrances, I felt it was otherwise useless. I shouldn't have to moisturize under and conceal/powder over a "one step" item that is meant to be multi-purpose and time-saving! I genuinely wanted to love this product, but it was pretty much disappointing. Two stars go to the gentle formulation that didn't break me out, plus the SPF 45. Overall, I would not recommend this item for girls with dry skin who need a balanced BB/foundation formula that won't leave skin feeling both tacky and in need of hydration.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was curious about the BB Cream craze & noticed this brand seemed to be getting a lot of love from the boards. I normally use Make Up Forever Face & Body in #20 (ivory). I went to Sephora & they actually gave me a huge sample of this. I ended up being extremely disappointed w/ this though. My biggest issue is the color- I have fair skin but I'm not exactly considered ghostly pale...but this was very dark & pink! I actually didn't realize just how dark it went on me until a few hours into my day. I had my hair up & when I glanced into the mirror- it looked like I had on a foundation that was too tanned/pink on me. I wouldn't even say this is only for fair skins, I was say this is for light skin tones verging on lightly medium, especially for those who have pink undertones. If you have fair skin w/ blue undertones, this color is NOT gonna work for you. Another thing I noticed is that, this is actually thicker than a lot of foundations out there, I was expecting little to no coverage but this is has almost a thick medium coverage to it. My skins on the dry side so maybe that could be the reason it felt mask like but this just wasn't for me at all. Even if the color option gave different shades, it felt too heavy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials