Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.7

on 4/30/2017 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

First off, I cannot rate the packaging since I don't own it and only got a Sephora sample. I can rate the product itself and it didn't wow me. The shade range is TERRIBLE. The light tone is super pink based - not even close to neutral. I opted for the darker tone, as it was much more golden, but it was too dark. It looked very mask like and I was unable to blend it in a way that looked right with my neck. Unfortunately, this is enough to be a deal breaker, as if the shade looks bad it doesn't matter how well the product works or doesn't work. I went ahead and wore it for a bit to be able to comment on other aspects. It did look nice (other than the color mismatch) and left skin nicely moisturized. It was slightly tacky, but a little powder would solve that. It didn't settle in creases or cling to dry patches. It definitely didn't have much coverage - it evened skintone out, but didn't cover any discoloration. It also caused some irritation/small acne bumps on me. I think this brand and I aren't compatible due to the essential oils - they seem to make my skin inflamed with tiny bumps. If you have sensitive or reactive skin I'd be careful with this product and brand.

This bb cream is amazing for me. I use the light to medium color (there are two shades available) and usually mix it with a touch of Marc Jacobs coconut Primer and it works like a dream. I find this is a more moderate coverage Cream. I love that it includes a high spf and is fragrance free. There are also some beneficial ingredients as well. My more detailed review video is below.

I use this as a concealer. It's quite opaque and settles into the skin with a natural sheen, neither dewy nor matte, and kind of adjusts its color a bit as it settles. I received a sample in my Birchbox subscription and found it was excellent for covering up the persistent hyperpigmentation on my chin that likes to radiate through even my fullest coverage foundations. It's got a cool tone and layers well with other foundation/concealer products. It feels too pigmented, honestly, to use all over my face.

For a BB cream, it's quite expensive. It feels a little more worth the price as a concealer, though, since it's so effective and I only need a teeny, tiny amount of it daily to daub over my most attention-seeking blemishes. The flaw, which is a flaw that other Dr. Jart+ BBs have as well, is the incredibly limited shade range. If you aren't light-medium, and thus the beauty industry's primary focus and target, you are not served by this product. I would hope the brand is looking into expanding its shade ranges pronto.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've delved into the world of K beauty and skincare, and Dr. Jart was on my shopping list. I've used several other BB creams, but nothing I really enjoyed... until this.

While on a little Christmas shopping spree at Sephora, I couldn't help but check this one out. As the description says, "A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum, Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 is an all-in-one product that provides advanced brightening properties. Perfect under makeup, its natural-looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skintone. Antioxidant bio-peptides and adenosine protect skin from harsh environmental factors while restoring firmness and elasticity. This lightweight formula features mineral sunscreens to provide broad spectrum sun protection from both UVA and UVB rays. Skin is left looking smooth, perfect, and natural." It seemed like the perfect all in one product. So, I added to my *growing* cart.

Today is the first time I am wearing and trying it, and I LOVE IT. I really love a dewy, radiant rinish, and this gives it to you! I applied with a brush and blended. Immediately I received a healthy glow. Definitely can be worn on its own. It has a beautiful finish. I then did the rest of my makeup as I usually do, and its blended seamlessly with my routine. Already received compliments too - My husband said my skin looks "fresh".

Definitely pricey, but I think for all it has to offer, and a little going such a long way, its worth the hefty price tag. I'll definitely keep this in my routine!

on 11/4/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

First BB cream I've ever liked. I'm usually a medium coverage foundation kinda girl but I saw a great review of this and got sucked in. I bought it online and didn't get to select which colour I could get so I think I got the medium to deep? Suits my NC30 skin beautifully. Not too pink or orange just a very neutralizing beige. Cancels out redness, smooths over pores and feels and looks like a moisturiser but with medium coverage. Does leave a moisturised glow finish which I lightly dust with a loose powder. I also wear my hourglass mineral primer with it because I'm oily combo and really nothing lasts more than 4 hours without this primer. I got all day with this BB cream. My skin looked flawless in the most natural possible way. I really can't compare this product to anything I own and I own ALOT of foundation and skincare. It is similar in texture to the IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream but this is so much better and so is the wear time.
I can use fingers or brush to apply, both look outstanding. Natural enough for the day time and enough coverage for even the evening! A Must try for everyone I think.

on 1/6/2016 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is one of my go-to face products in the winter along with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation/Serum. I have sensitive, dry/dehydrated skin, and I prefer my skin to have a dewy, glowing, almost glossy finish. This BB cream does that. The light/medium shade is slightly too dark/orange for me (NC10-15) so I either use a color corrector with it or blend it pretty far down my neck. It gives me medium coverage, and while I like fuller coverage usually, I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of coverage if it makes my skin look like this. It contains a substantial amount of physical SPF, doesn't irritate my skin, and is one of the few things that can make my skin glow in cold, dry weather.

I hate the packaging and I wish they'd update it, but I don't see that happening too soon. I've repurchased it once already. I also deducted an overall lippie because this melts off of my face in the summer.

on 10/1/2015 2:04:00 PM

The best BB cream I've found so far for very fair skin. No tide marks here!

Due to a medical condition a key concern is physical SPF. I used this throughout summer and didn't feel that tell-tale burning feeling for a good few hours (however, I don't feel this BB stays in place long enough to provide protection for too long).

The main downside is that I was unbelievably shiny. It looked like it didn't set, or I was sweating. This was despite powder etc.

Packaging is annoying - I'm not sure if I'm running low as the pump isn't always effective, and I'm too scared to cut it open in case there's a fair bit remaining and it oxidises or something.

All in all a good buy due to colour and SPF, and I'd definitely purchase it again for the summer if there's a good offer available.

on 4/9/2015 8:02:00 PM

I got a sample of this, and didn't expect it to work at ALL for my almost tan skin, with its pale color. MAN, was I wrong. When it goes on initially, it is too light, but somehow it seems to adjust to my skin color and cover all but my darkest undereye bags. It evens out my skin, and provides hydration throughout the day for my dry, winter skin. It may be too thick and hydrating for my rather oily skin in the summer. But overall - a SHOCKINGLY awesome product that will probably be my go-to BB cream/foundation in the colder months!

on 1/15/2015 2:40:00 PM

I am on my third or fourth tube. Over the past few years, my skin has been super dry. I was just trying to accept that my face would look very dry close-up after going through many different moisturizers (clinique, bliss, etc.). With this, I get the right level of coverage, skin protection, and no dryness. It is the best!
I am very fair skinned, but when I do self-tan, I add a splash of bronzer to this along with a small dab of darker foundation to make it look less washed out.

on 1/1/2015 12:24:00 AM

This BB cream is the best one i've used. It doesn't clog my pores, it's not heavy. perfect coverage. it's not too thick -- actually on the runny side, but it makes it easier to blend into your skin. it evens out my skin tone just enough without making it obvious i have something on my face. the scent isn't too strong and my skin doesn't react to this one like it does to the Misscha brand or Iope brand bb creams.