Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 PA+++

3.4

on 10/25/2016 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is clogged my pores, acne prone skin would not be happy with this:) and if ur oily dont even thing this worth of ur money! This is good for people that has normal skin to dry skin! I used to love this but since my face keep breakouts!:(

on 3/13/2016 12:50:00 AM

Coverage is very sheer. It doesn't really cover any blemishes but it does help even out redness. It's a very dewy finish which is nice but it doesn't last on me. It looks like I'm wearing nothing after a couple of hours. My biggest complaint is the color is very beige/pink. I have yellow undertones NC20ish but I struggle with redness, so using a pink toned bb cream can make my entire face look flushed. If you have yellow undertones I would avoid this one.

on 11/12/2015 2:06:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I bought this in a set. I saw that it was Light-medium and was excited that it was my color, but applying it I was a little iffy. It looked more light than medium, and it was way too light for my complexion. As it sat, it started to match my skin much better and I actually really like this. During the fall, my skin gets really dry and ashy. I was so excited to try the product that I forgot to put on moisturizer, and usually with foundations it makes my skin look way more dry than it was before. With this product I was happy that it didn't draw that kind of attention to my face. Overall, I am happy with this product

on 6/6/2014 6:43:00 PM

I am OBSESSED with this product. I used to wear only Bare Minerals but it wouldn't stay on. Then I switched to Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer and it did not have enough coverage for me...it was super shiny and worst of all gave me the worst break outs!! I switched over to Too Faced tinted moisturizer and it was pretty good. THEN I made the switch to Dr Jarts by suggestion from a friend. IT IS AMAZING!! It has great coverage, feels SOO smooth on my skin, wears all day, love love love. The only reason I took away a star is because it doesn't match my skin great now that it is the summer and my skin is a shade darker. I am still pretty fair as I don't tan great and it's still to light. Bummer...I love it for the summer though, it's my fav so far.

on 3/26/2014 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to love it. I thought this was finally the product that can make my skin look good in one step (I have acne-prone, very oily all over, acnes scars) and it looked like a perfect finish just after application. But a couple of hours later, it started to feel oily and messy, like it disintegrated. No coverage anymore when it starts to melt off my face. It was a rainy cold day, I was in aircon room and I wasn't even perspiring as I usually do. I guess I shouldn't blame the product as there hasn't been a product that matches my skin perfectly. But I wouldn't recommend to people with oily skin and I would't repurchase again, at least not the Silver Label.

p.s. It broke me out. Pretty sure this was the culprit as nothing else was on my face.

I was never really a fan of BB creams only b/c I felt I always needed heavy coverage. However, Sephora had a promotion & I got a small pack of 5 different BB creams. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It provided okay coverage. Definitely evened my skin tone but did not cover dark blemishes. A bit of concealer did the trick though. ;) I did not set my face w/ powder afterwards. I only wore it for about 5 hrs & I didn't need the slightest bit of touching up. It looked wonderful & make my skin appeared super smooth. It minimized the appearance of my pores fairly well. I probably wouldn't go out in the bright sun w/ this simply b/c I want a little more coverage but when I'm in indoors this will definitely be my go-to. So simple. Saves me the hassle of moisturizing, priming, applying foundation, & then a powder & then a setting spray (although you can). Love it! Might even repurchase a full size when I run out of BB creams!

Excellent

on 7/18/2013 10:58:00 AM

I am currently using this and the first few months I used it during winter and spring were great! but once the weather started to get hot and humid, It wasn't as light and natural feeling as before. However it is not as greasy as Skin79 or Missha during the summer. I'm a bit on the fence with this one but the coverage is nice. Definitely a skin brightener.

I bought this on sale for half price at Boots. Of course Boots doesn't have any testers of this product since it's in their "skincare" aisle, which is a pretty darn silly marketing choice if you ask me, so it was a completely blind buy.

The skin test on the back of my hand was quite promising-- I have very sensitive skin which can't cope with most foundations, and I didn't have any kind of reaction to it. However, I did notice that it was quite dark against my skin. Once blended in it became much more translucent and was barely visible, however, and as my hands are at least a shade or two paler than my face (I wear summer gloves in the sun because my family seems to be quite prone to sunspots, but I admit to being a bit incautious about using, or not using, sunscreen on my face-- it makes me break out) I thought that it would maybe be OK.

It turns out, predictably, it's too dark for my Illamasqua 115-120 skin. However, it's only a bit too dark, and in fact once it has settled in it isn't noticeable at all. It doesn't look too hot by itself, being too yellow for my skin tone, but with a top coat of Bare Minerals powder foundation it looks near perfect though I'd still prefer it paler. (Funnily enough I see lots of women here complaining about the "greyish" finish of many BB creams, and how nobody really has that skin colour; well, I do, and I wish this product had more of it!)

The thing I am impressed by is how well it copes with problem areas that foundations can't deal with. Because of my oily T-bar and huge pores, I have a big problem with foundation caking up in the corners of my nose, which is mostly unavoidable as my nostrils are very red and I can't avoid using concealer there. This doesn't hide either the darkness around my eyes (it isn't due to tiredness; I think it's just because I'm so white that the veins show through) nor does it hide the redness, but it evens them out and doesn't cake. It does highlight my pores a bit and it has a bit of a greasy finish on its own in some lights, but it's nothing powder can't handle and it looks beautiful under my Bare Minerals foundation-- exactly like my skin but fresh, glowing, and better.

Would I buy this product again? No. It does make my skin look nice, and I will probably use it on occasion, but I think I'll try some other Asian BB creams first. I could cope with the strange finish seeing as it does look quite nice if not examined up close, but it simply doesn't match my skin tone (for reference, I'm Illamasqua RF115-120) and I don't think that will get any easier seeing as here in the UK summer is already drawing to a close.

FINAL EDIT. While this looked super nice under my Bare Minerals foundation and I adore the dewy finish, after about five days of wearing it I broke out horribly-- whiteheads all over my nose and chin, big pimples on my cheeks where I haven't had any for years, and even a couple on my forehead where I never get acne. While it's calmed down a lot since then, my poor skin is still looking sad a week or so after I went foundation-free to let it breathe. As my skin was pretty much perfect before using it and this is the only new product I've tried, I know what caused that. If it was a bit lighter and didn't turn me into my sixteen-year-old nightmare it'd be a HG product for the gorgeous finish, so I hate to do it, but I have knocked off another lippie for just how terrible it's made my skin look. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who breaks out easily.

on 5/31/2013 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as part of the Sephora 2012 Sun Safety Kit. I like that this had a high SPF and I didn't seem to notice any breakouts. The coverage is decent and not too think so it would be ideal to wear underneath foundation for sun protection. Although, I would not wear this by itself on a regular basis since it is very matte on me. The color also didn't match my skin tone very well. Almost every brand now has BB Creams out so I would look forward to trying more. This one seems to be nothing special.