Avon True Color eyeshadow quad in denim blues

No Image

3.0

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- no fallout
- no shimmer or glitter
- better for fair skin tone
- gorgeous grey-tinged blues

Cons:
- not for my skin tone (NC30)
- gives me bruised eye look
- unnatural, quad is too cool-toned

Pale Blue is very light grey for underbrow
Soft Blue is palest blue leaning grey
Periwinkle is mid-grey like putty
Navy is actually just a shade darker than Periwinkle; not navy but a charcoal with a lot of grey

Tried sample and will not purchase. Does not suit me but could suit someone with pale eyes and fair skin so Rating = 1/5

on 6/23/2013 11:31:00 AM

The pigmentation is really weak, the colors just don't show easily. Though I love the colors, it's just really tiresome in the mornings. Other than that, like the packaging, the price and the way the colors look with my green eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a truly different quad of blues. These aren't your typical frosty baby blue shadows. They're more indigo/violet/periwinkle, so that makes them wearable on a variety of skin tones and eye colors. I was looking for some nice blues because I like to wear all different colors of everything. I have light brown hair, light skin, and hazel eyes, and yet these colors don't wash me out. I'm careful with the two lightest colors because they can look chalky and unflattering because of little lines I have and also because I have bluish dark circles under my eyes. But I found the pigmentation and staying power of the shadows to be above average. They're normally nine bucks, but you can usually get them for five dollars or so when they're on sale. Great shadow quad for the money.

on 5/8/2011 5:58:00 PM

With my fair skin and blue eyes this is a really nice one for me. There is a pale soft blue, soft blue, periwinkle and navy. The navy I use as a liner using a slightly damp eyeliner brush. No 80's blue eyeshadow here, I get many compliments on it.

Popular Eye Shadows