NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.7

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 12/3/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wore a black dress the first time i wore this foundation and it tranferred all over & had to wash my dress to get it off. The second time i wore it was fine at the start but then at the the end of the day made all my dry spots look patchy. Not using it anymore

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This product, although not perfect, is magnificent for it's price.
I use it in Warm Sand, and it fits my tanned skin perfectly. It has a lot of yellow/orange pigment (hence the name Warm Sand), and it covers all of the redness, broken vessels, and acnes on my face perfectly. I need a little bit of concealer to cover the very dark acne scar, but for the milder scars I don't need any concealer at all.
It's not matte, a little bit dewy, and it doesn't make my oily face greasy like a frying pan (though I do have to touch up my face with powder every 2-3 hr). The smell is a tiny bit weird, but it's gone after a minute anyway.

Pros:
- Medium to heavy coverage, and it's buildable
- No ashiness at all on my tan skin (which is hard to get from drugstore foundations)
- Cheap price
- Could stay up to 6-7 hr when you use it with a primer
- Truly HD, you could take pictures with as much flash as you like
- Hygienic since it comes with a pump

Cons:
- A little bit heavy on the face, unlike MUFE HD Foundation
- Plastic packaging (but with the price, who am I to complain)

Will I buy it again? Yes, this is definitely my fave drugstore foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

No matter how I tried to thin this out, this product goes on thick and gives you that 'made up' face. While the finish is beautiful, it's not very natural. It's thick and feels somewhat heavy. I noticed that I sweated more than normal when wearing it. It also doesn't hold up well against oily skin and I don't like how easily it transfers on to clothes, scarves, other people, etc..

The colors I used were 2 parts Warm Sand and 1 part California Tan. The initial look was immaculate. It's the practicality of the product that was the problem. The pump is convenient, the size of the jar for the price was phenomenal! But it's not long lasting and it feels "heavy"...that's the only way I can describe how it feels. It felt as if my skin was suffocating.

I would probably wear this to take pictures, but then go home and wash it right off. I also don't see myself wearing this for everyday use. I gave it a 3 because of the coverage it provides for a liquid...but aside from that, I don't like it.

on 5/16/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this would be my HG foundation since I bought it... when I first used it, my skin was quite oily and the colour matched beautifully... but over the next few hours I observed it was a bit orange/peach (I do need a yellow undertone) but it wasn't so bad when set with powder, still much better than a lot of foundations I'd used before.

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) my skin has been transitioning from quite oily to now combination... so I have dry patches where I've had breakouts and the foundation really emphasises those dry patches when I apply it. It looks pretty horrendous on those areas actually!

Despite that, I wore this foundation while getting some passport photos taken as I didn't want a white cast on my face for 10 years in some photo, and being an 'HD' foundation, this certainly did the job and left no yucky white cast (which would have left my skin looking very ashy) which was great.

This foundation photographs well and is light to medium coverage in my opinion. It would definitely suit oily skin but not so much if you have lots of dry patches especially from where breakouts were as it does tend to emphasise any dry skin, which is unfortunate

I really like this foundation but since my skin is changing, my needs are changing and I can't give it as many lippies as it probably deserves!

on 4/29/2012 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this foundation! My HG foundation is Nars Sheer Glow in Syracuse but at $42 a pop and no pump I found myself looking for a cheaper replacement. Its not exactly the same but I love it none the less! The coverage is medium but very buildable on me. There is no SPF so it photographs just lovely. There are no shimmers yet it gives my skin a dewy look which is what I love about my Nars. The best part is it comes with a pump!

I got it from Ulta. The cost is normally $14.99 however, they had a buy one get one 50%off sale & I had a coupon for $3.50 off. I picked up 2 bottles (1.26 oz each btw) in the shade natural beige 06 for $20!! It matches perfectly! I tried Revlon Photoready...I looked like a glittery HOT MESS and NONE of the colors worked for my shade. I am an NC42 and sometimes NC44 for reference. Ladies (and some of my fashionable guys) don't sleep on this one! It's definitely a keeper ;-)

on 2/8/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This looks glowy and beautiful, but it oxidizes and gets darker the longer I have it on. Also it does feel slightly heavy/ tight on my skin. I dont like that feeling. I like my foundations to feel dry. This feels creamy on me and takes forever to dry and mesh with my skin. For the price, it's really nice. I still prefer my Laura Mercier Oil-free or Revlon Color stay over this.