NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

There is so much to say about this foundation. I wanted this foundation because i hate spf in my foundation, i find it useless just apply a cream or sunscreen with spf under cause the spf in makeup doesn't help that much. Moreover, I take a lot of pictures and i hate that ghostly white look. So i decided to buy this. I am an NC 30 and i get this in medium, but it was way too orange for me. and the shade below was pinkish and too light for me. So whatever i bought medium because i would take pictures in night and you can't see the orange-ness in the night.

The coverage of this foundation is amazing, it is medium to slightly full coverage. I even used this as concealer and it looks flawless. I do need concealer just to give a bit coverage. The finish is nice. I loved everything about this foundation, well except the color selection.

ANYWAYS. so why did i rate it so low ?
I DONT have sensitive skin and after the first application, in five minutes i had bumps all over my face. I was allergic to one of their ingredients and its so strange because i never had a problem with foundation before and this is my first foundation that gave me a huge allergic reaction. It's been two days since i tried it on and the bumps are still there.

SO moral of the story is, if you have sensitive or slightly sensitive skin, stay AWAY because if you do try it and get an allergic reaction, i'll be like i told you so. Moreover, even if you don't have sensitive skin like i do just be careful with this.

I guess this foundation was too good to be true. We weren't meant to be and i guess i can't use. I'm mad cause i actually liked this foundation :[

ALSO, if you live in queens new york city you can buy this foundation in jackson heights, a store called optima beauty store. they have the whole nyx line. Just felt like saying that because not everyone can buy nyx products on the internet.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

*update*
I still love how this foundation wears - it lasts a lot longer on me than the MUFE version. However, I am lowering my rating due to the horrendous shade selection.
I don't understand why NYX offers 8 shades, but so many of them are so similar. For example, look for swatch comparisons between #2 Soft Beige and #4 Sand Beige. They are almost identical! #3 Natural is about 2 shades darker than both of these.
Then if you look at #6 Natural Beige and #7 Warm Sand, you'll see that again, they are almost identical in depth, but Warm Sand has more yellow/olive undertones. #5 Medium is oddly orange (I can't imagine anyone actually being that color).
If you are about NC25 you're lucky - #4 Sand beige will be perfect for you, and if it's a bit dark, try #2 - they looked very similar when I swatched them (#2 might be nc20 - i'm not sure). However, if you're in the NC30-35 range, you won't find any matches - #6 and 7 are wonderful shades but they are more for the NC40-42 range. #3 Natural might work for NC35-37 (but it's a lot less yellow) but if you are a bit lighter, it will pull orange.
You will likely have to mix shades for this foundation to work for you. If you're okay with that, definitely try this because it's a great formula! (of course, some have said that they're allergic to an ingredient in it so do a patch test first)
-----
I have been shopping for HD foundations that wear well for almost a year now. I never wore foundation prior to a year ago, so I really had to learn a lot in very little time.
I first tried Revlon Colorstay. It seemed to have a slight white cast, plus the 2 shades closest to my skin tone in the normal/dry formula have pink undertones. Fail.
Then I tried Rimmel Lasting Finish. Wow, talk about minerals reflecting the light! The Colorstay white cast was nothing compared to this.
Then I found Almay TLC. Much better, but the 2 shades I picked out for me (240 neutral and 260 sand) were just a tad too light for my skin tone (and therefore, white cast). Interestingly enough, this foundation did not give me as bad of the ghost face as Rimmel, even tho Almay TLC has SPF. This one lasts and lasts and lasts, and is an awesome foundation, if only there was a right shade for me.
I tried MUFE HD a few times. I got matched to a different one each time I went to Sephora. This is because, out of all the 25 shades, there isn't 1 that matches me perfectly. I guess I have come to accept my in-between-ness when it comes to foundations.
I still wanted to like MUFE HD. I tried it a couple of times (in 127 and 123), but it just melted off my face in a matter of a few hours. I applied it at 8, and by 2, I looked like a big ball of grease.
I also bought NYX HD, first in 04 sand beige, which turned out a little too light for me. I then got 07 warm sand, and mixed the two. Perfect! I wore this to an all day event, applied the foundation at 7, and by 8pm I took a photo and my skin still looked flawless! I was a little shiny in my forehead, but I hadn't even touched up/blotted oil all day, so I found NYX HD to wear extremely well.
Now, it does have a slight flowery scent that I dislike. I don't know why they feel the need to add this scent, and it does smell very similar to the concealer in a jar, as another reviewer commented. However, I'm happy to report that this foundation has yet to break me out, and my skin is extremely sensitive. My forehead often gets little bumps from irritation from a new product.
Overall, I am so excited that I found this foundation. It is priced reasonably enough that I don't mind having to purchase multiple bottles and mixing them. I would like to try 03 natural next time, as I suspect that one may be closer to my skin tone (though it may be less yellow than my skin tone).

i really love this foundation! my shade is sand beige. (mac=NC25, revlon colorstay=sand beige)
so perfect color to me :) it's buildable/blendable.
i have a oily skin. combination of this foundation + mac blot powder keep my skin matt which is also wonderful.
and i love the fact that this product is in plastic container, not the glass heavy/breakable one.
i'll purchase this fondation again absolutely!!

on 9/3/2011 10:34:00 PM

My experience with this foundation would have been a lot better had I purchased the correct shade. I bought Sand Beige and it's just a little bit too light for me. Although I do like the application, packaging and staying power, I wish I had purchased the right colour.

I live in Canada, so hopefully NYX will start selling their line in more stores (so far I have only found it at Rexall, and even then I've only seen a few of their items for sale). I think with foundations, it's really important that you be able to test it out in person before you buy it.

on 11/19/2011 5:59:00 AM

This foundation was a lovely surprise! Usually I don't even consider buying other foundation rather than my usual MUFE Face&Body but I was out of money so I ordered this, after all Nyx has been doing a lot of thing right.
The first thing you notice is that the package has a pump (bless nyx) and that you can actually see the color of the product inside, furthermore once you use it a little you discover the package is transparent and you're able to see how much foundation you have left.
The coverage is really good! I think it wad the first foundation I've ever used that I didn't feel like I had to use setting powder, it just looks good unsettled (at least for me). Looks natural and polished! It does cover most of the darkness that I have left from a bad sunburn and it never broke me out. Also, I found that it works best for me without primer.
The application can be tricky in the sense that you do have to try some methods and find what works for you. Personally I think applying it with your fingers is best.
I took one lippie out because color wise its hard to get a match, its a lucky guess. Not so much because there are few color available, since you can mix and match, but because I couldnt find swatches. I ended up buying nr 1 and n4, I feel like I could get away using either one but mixing them is a perfect match.

on 1/25/2012 6:13:00 PM

A great foundation!! To start, I'm around a NC-25 and the Sand Biege 04 shade works perfectly for me. I've never been much of a foundation wearer because of the shade selection for my very yellow-based skin tone as well as worrying about streaking, application time, etc. With that said, if I ever want any coverage, I usually use a BB cream since I can apply it with my fingers like a moisturizer. The problem is with its high SPF content, flash photography is horrible with BB creams... hence I needed a non-SPF foundation for those nights out and photos will be taken.

NYX HD foundation turned out to be perfect for this! The color match is spot on. I can apply with my fingers or use a flat top brush (which I found to be much faster and more dewy). I had a very nice glow in my flash photos. Definitely awesome! The bottle is plastic but it does have a pump which helps things stay hygienic. The texture also not truly a liquid (like colorstay) but thicker like a thin moisturizer. Coverage is light to medium. Price is around $15, which I found to be way worth it since it was in every way, what I needed.

on 1/30/2012 12:39:00 PM

I'm loving it!! Ordered of ebay for a few $$ cheaper. It works well with my dry skin I start with a washed & moisturized skin then apply with a flat top brush. I would say it's a medium coverage but could probably layer on for full. Easy to wash as well. I would def order again.

on 2/8/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This looks glowy and beautiful, but it oxidizes and gets darker the longer I have it on. Also it does feel slightly heavy/ tight on my skin. I dont like that feeling. I like my foundations to feel dry. This feels creamy on me and takes forever to dry and mesh with my skin. For the price, it's really nice. I still prefer my Laura Mercier Oil-free or Revlon Color stay over this.

on 2/19/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin in extremely dry and I've been having troubles finding a foundation that doesn't accentuate that. I saw this online and took a chance by ordering the lightest shade (Nude 01), I'm very pale with yellow undertones and this shade fit me almost perfectly (maybe just a smidgen too light).

I wear this foundation without a primer and apply it with a flat top brush and it blends easily into the skin, cancels any redness, hides small pimples and best of all makes my skin look healthy with a semi-matte finish without clinging on to my dry patches! Due to my dry skin I don't set it with a powder, but it still stays put for roughly 10 hrs, which I find impressive! As an added bonus your skin will look fan-friggin-tastic on photographs when you wear this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Combo skinned, NC25. Sand beige was a good match. Application was easy and glided well. Fresh application looked nice. But oop - not three hours later was this already starting to cake on me and oxidize as well.