NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I hate this as a foundation. It might be better as a tinted moisturizer but I have never used one so I wouldn't be a good judge. It can't cover my red blotches is my main complaint. I have NO acne whatsoever, just red blotches and dark marks and it can't cover that either.

on 5/19/2014 10:37:00 PM

Talc-free. Heavy coverage, but tends to be chalky and settles into fine lines and emphasizes dryness and wrinkles. I always use this with a BB cream or moisturizer, otherwise it's too drying. The finished look appears more matte and heavy. I wouldn't repurchase, since I prefer the more natural look that comes with BB creams.

on 9/18/2013 10:43:00 AM

It makes me breakout!!!! First time i purchased it, it looks good on me. A good coverage for a drugstore product. BUT when i used as a daily foundation routine, slowly, acnes poppin out. I'm not recommend this to you who have a sensitive skin

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I loved how this foundation made my face look, it's not full coverage by any means and it smells really weird (plastic-y?!) but I see why it's an HD foundation. It's also the best match foundation I've ever found (I got number 07, am around an NC45)............. But it broke me out :( even using a primer, etc. no-go, will return to Ulta!

Looking at the name, a buyer can make the connection between this and Make Up For Ever's HD foundation. I assume that this foundation was created to be a $15 dupe of the $44 Make Up For Ever one. Having been an owner of the latter high end foundation (and curious to try out a NYX face product, since I have not owned many of their products), I decided to give this one a go! I've also been in need of a replacement for a specific color, and this foundation seemed to fit the bill.
Firstly, I noticed, when I was sampling the colors, that there weren't many shade choices. 5, if I recall correctly. So, unless you have skin that can uncannily match one of these five diverse shades, then it will be difficult to find a perfect match. The color that I was looking for turned out to be 02 Soft Beige, and it seemed very pale when I first tested it. However, once I bought it and tested it on my face, it turned out to be a darker color. These shades are in the darker range; I am naturally very fair-skinned, and I will not be able to wear this foundation unless I am tanned.So, I guess this foundation will only be useful for a month or two of the year! Also, they are somewhat orange-toned. Not Jersey Shore orange, but definitely not neutral, either. Just a heads-up.
The actual consistency of the foundation was interesting. It's very flowy and liquidy when you first dispense it, but once you start to blend it, it turns out to be a thick, medium coverage foundation. You definitely need a brush for this, if you want coverage that isn't streaky. However, it does cover most imperfections, and does a great job of evening out skin tone. I usually don't use concealer with this! The finish itself is very dewy, and gives a nice glow- personally, I wouldn't risk getting photos done with this foundation, because it is quite reflective.
Staying power is all right- not perfect, but can last the whole day with primer, but still can smudge easily if you're oily. What I found interesting, and liked a lot, was the smell of this foundation. It is pretty strong, and very chemical, but it smells like pleasant chemicals, for lack of a better description. :) Overall, I do not think of this as anything to rave over- it is a decent foundation, just living up to my personal expectations. I recommend this foundation, but not with overflowing enthusiasm.
As for its performance compared with MUFE's foundation, I prefer the MUFE. I absolutely loved that foundation, and this one didn't live up quite as well. If you're wondering which one is better, I'd spend the $44 on the MUFE one.

This is a wonderful foundation for the price. I used to use MUF HD foundation. But, being a student that was rather hard to re purchase. I wouldn't say this foundation is a dupe, but for the price this is wonderful! It has a very nice finish, and the packaging is awesome because it has a pump. The foundation is medium coverage so for someone who is wanting full coverage I would recommend mixing in a tiny bit of liquid concealer. I have very sensitive skin that reacts to many products. However, this did not cause me to break out. NYX also doesn't test on animals- which is a huge plus. I will continue to repurchase this & would recommend it to anyone.

on 1/27/2013 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Depending on what your needs are, this is actually a pretty good foundation. It blends well and has good coverage. My problem with it is that it's probably a little heavier than I really need and even when I pressed in my setting powder with a puff, it still looked very cakey for some reason. It's still my backup foundation, but I find that I don't have the cakeyness problem with UD's Naked Skin weightless ultra definition.

The packaging with this NYX foundation is really good. The pump is cleaner and a little bit goes a long way. The size is great for traveling. I don't really notice a problem with oxidizing that I guess some people have, but I also use a setting powder and setting spray, so if you're having a problem with that maybe using those things will help.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this to people like me who don't need anything more than light coverage to even out redness. But, for people who want a solid medium coverage foundation and don't mind working out the cakeyness issues, I'd definitely recommend trying this out.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a very oily skin and yet, this foundation works amazingly well. Don't think that this control oil, this is not what this product is for. If you have oily skin or very oily skin you'll get shiny, difference is that you won't get more shinier than what expected with no makeup on your face.

This foundation is easy to apply, it blends very well and the color is the perfect match for me (Natural 03). I have acne scarring, undereye circles and fine lines around the eyes so this foundation being light-medium coverage doesn't cover any of those problems. I have to use concealer and proper blending to correct those issues but I rather use this foundation than a matte/full-coverage foundation and because being the perfect color match my pores aren't visible. After applying this I use a tissue to absorb the oil that this foundation has in its formula, then I use setting powder (Palladio rice loose powder in Translucent) and that make the trick. It lasts 3 hours without blotting and lasts about 6 hours on my cheeks where I have normal skin.

Revlon's Color Stay or Estee Lauder's Double Wear are supposed to work better on oily skins and they do if you like matte long lasting finish; on me those foundations look okay but not as natural as this one. My face looks healthier with a slight dewy look without looking oily.

I would repurchase for sure. The only warning is that this foundation sets on fine lines so be sure to blend and set with a translucent powder.

on 12/28/2012 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found that this foundation doesnt work well for dry skin and wore off too quickly. The shade matched my skin well but it just sat on top of my dry flajy skin. in less than an hour i could see oil shine through, mypores and all the flaws my foundation is supposed to hide so whats the pont?

I do not recommend for people with dry flaky skin. No matter what i did o moisturize or exfoliate to prepare my skin, this foundation was a fail. Doesnt last and coverage is terricle.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

No matter how I tried to thin this out, this product goes on thick and gives you that 'made up' face. While the finish is beautiful, it's not very natural. It's thick and feels somewhat heavy. I noticed that I sweated more than normal when wearing it. It also doesn't hold up well against oily skin and I don't like how easily it transfers on to clothes, scarves, other people, etc..

The colors I used were 2 parts Warm Sand and 1 part California Tan. The initial look was immaculate. It's the practicality of the product that was the problem. The pump is convenient, the size of the jar for the price was phenomenal! But it's not long lasting and it feels "heavy"...that's the only way I can describe how it feels. It felt as if my skin was suffocating.

I would probably wear this to take pictures, but then go home and wash it right off. I also don't see myself wearing this for everyday use. I gave it a 3 because of the coverage it provides for a liquid...but aside from that, I don't like it.