NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.3

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 12/8/2011 1:00:00 PM

I absolutely hate to love this foundation. The Pros: Provides an almost flawless finish and gives me the 'my skin but better' look, doesn't really enhance my dry areas (I have combination skin),doesn't settle into my smile lines, the packaging is awesome, it's plastic but it's a harder plastic and won't smush while traveling, has a pump that is great to control. My color is 02 Soft Beige and it's suprisingly a perfect match. Paired with the primer, I think it works wonderfully. The Cons is the fragarance but it dissipates almost immediately after applied. Also, I find that sometimes it can be tricky to apply so it's really trial and error to see what method works for you, my method of application is either my fingers or a foundation brush. Another huge Con that I am considering whether or not I will buy this again is how it feels. On my face it feels good, however, after a few hours, when I touch the side of my face (on a non-oily part of my face, my cheek, which is normal) I press the back of my hand on my cheek when I look at my hand it looks greasy, ala, it transfers. Also, when I answered my phone and after I ended the call, I saw a transfer pattern on my screen, yuck. I have never had to set my foundation due to my skin being on the drier side but with this, I feel like I have to otherwise it feels sticky. So I really do not know if I would purchase again. But on the other hand, there are so many Pros about this foundation and I really love how it looks in photos and in person, that I am undecided if I will purchase it again. Another slight Con is this foundation is not available in stores, only online, so color matching could be tricky but I got lucky in finding my perfect match. I am about a nc20-nc25, between those colors, and Soft Beige works wonderfully for me. Also, this foundation did not oxidize on my skin, which I was thankful for. I would def.recommend this foundation if you have no issues with setting your foundating with powder, but if you have really oily skin or super dry skin, it made still feel sticky and setting your foundation with a setting powder may make your face look cakey, that is why I normally never set my foundaiton. But would I tell others to buy it? The Pros outweigh the Cons so it's up to you to decide.

on 12/24/2011 4:53:00 PM

i bought this in sand beige, and it works well, although it is a tad bit too dark for me..so i will go a shade lighter next time. my only complaint is it is only sold online so you cant color match. it covers well and looks excellent in pictures.

on 1/21/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this to replace my MUFE HD foundation which is a bit out of my price range at the moment. I ordered it for $13 on ebay, and couldn't be happier with my decision to try NYX's budget-friendly version! The lightest shade, HDFO1 ("Nude") is definitely too dark for my NW10/15 skin, but it mixes well with my Manic Panic White Foundation to create the perfect shade. I am thinking of adding the white foundation to the bottle (you can unscrew the pump! very cool), but for now I just mix a dab of the white with a pump of the NYX HD and stipple it on with a brush. I'll apply it with my fingertips if I'm in a rush, and it looks great that way too. If I don't set with a powder the finish will start to look oily after a few hours of wear, but the coverage is still there, and any flakiness I might have doesn't seem to show through. I really love this foundation for my acne/combination skin as it doesn't seem to break me out like Revlon Colorstay, and it plays well with any little bumps or dry patches you might have due to an acne treatment regimen. Used with a setting powder or a pressed powder touch it does the job for me! I would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

THANK YOU NYX! I use this along with the NYX HD primer and the results... my skin looks flawless, poreless, and beautiful! Cancels redness and pimples. The HD concealer is amazing, too. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to fake flawless skin without looking cakey, flakey, or overall gross. Looks very natural, but again, flawless. Dunno how you did it, NYX, but I am very impressed. Can't wait to go purchase the rest of the HD line.

on 3/29/2012 11:56:00 AM

I don't usually wear foundation due to the thick feeling, but I have a lot of redness and uneveness in my skin tone. I heard that this foundation had a lightweight feel so I decided to try it out and I'm super happy I did. This stuff feels as light as a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. The Nude 01 shade matches my skin perfectly! It evens out my skin and hides any minor acne I have. It leaves my face with a little bit of that dewy look that I love! I don't use any powder on top. I sweat a little bit at work and this stuff stays in place all day.

on 6/20/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. I have blackheads on my nose which rise a bit higher then the rest of my skin (so annoying and embarrassing) But this foundation literally BLURS them from focus. I was driving in my car on a sunny day, and looked at myself in my car mirror, and WOW, I glowed, and my skin really did look blurred, in an airbrushed form. I never had any foundation look this way on my skin before (and i've tried many) The coverage is light to medium, I wouldn't say it covers dark circles, spots, or blemishes, but I use a concealer so it's ok. It has a floral smell to it that doesn't bother me. I really LOVE this foundation and i'm actually saving it for special occasions and dates. :) Only issue I have with it is the packaging - it is a bit cheap. The entire thing is plastic, and my pump got stuck a few times, but I'll deal with it. The product is great. The price is about $15 dollars i believe, but I got mine for $10. WORTH IT.

on 6/25/2012 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation because HD foundation is usually great for flash photography, eg nights out! The positive reviews on here persuaded me to purchase, and I got the foundation dirt cheap on Ebay.

I bought it in shades 01 and 03. 01 is very pale which is suited to my skin tone, but it makes my face look ghostly in photos! If I mix it with 03 photos come out better but still a little sickly. This is NOT high definition foundation, it is reflective and therefore awful for photography.

At first the texture seemed fine but now that I use this foundation more often (my beloved L'Oreal True Match ran out) I've noticed that it comes out of the bottle in a lumpy, not very smooth consistency. I can't apply it with my Sigma Sigmax kabuki brushes because it is a weird, oily texture, so it looks streaky and is REALLY hard to build up. I tried it with my hands and it was the same. I always use with primer that has worked with other foundations.

Awful product, never buying ever again.

on 7/4/2012 3:47:00 AM

Oh my gosh! I honestly cannot believe how great this foundation is. I purchased it on a bit of a whim during my most recent trip to the grocery store. And I really was not expecting much from it, but woah was I wrong.

I'll start out by saying that I was previosuly using Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin. I feel like I have always had a love/hate relationship with that foundation. I love the coverage...but I hate the feeling. Love the staying power...but hate how it looks absolutely terrible on ANY patch of dry skin, and it doesnt matter how well I exfoliated/moisturized, it's as if it went out of its way to find my dry spots and just cling to them. I loved how it did not break me out...but hated how the lightest shade available was still a little too dark for my skin. I could never just throw it on and go...no it needed careful blending. Even when I mixed it with my moisturizer it still did not match my skin any better. Also I found that despite my lightest application, I could never get Colorstay to really just blend in perfectly or give me that naturally flawless look, no matter what you could always just tell it was there.

Now on to the NYX foundation. My goodness, SO much better than Colorstay. It is so light. I mean honest I could plaster on multiple coats of this stuff, and it would probably still feel just absolutely wieghtless. It blends in BEAUTIFULLY, I never have to worry about my face looking like a different color than my neck. I dont have to work to blend this foundation in, as soon as I put it on i can just quickly rub it in without trying or being careful and it looks great. And finally I have found a foundation thats matches my skin PERFECTLY! I purchased the lightest shade (Nude) and it is just dead on for my skin, finally a brand has come out with a shade for us fair skinned ladies that does not come off looking orange or ashy. The coverage is great, Its not as strong as Colorstay, but it is very buildable. I find that with two pumps I am totally satisfied with the coverage. Two pumps covers most of my acne scars and discoloration. You will have to go in with concealer for any active acne or really dark scarring but you need to to that with any foundation really, even with Colorstay. One pump I find is all I need for a good evening out of my skin tone for days when I want to wear minimal makeup but still look fresh and pretty. It really brightens my face up and just makes it look so soft, almost airbrushed I find. As for the longevity of this product, It does not last as long as Colorstay, but I dont find that to be an issue, I get 6-8 hours of wear without touchups from this foundation before it starts to really wear down on me. Usually I just make sure to blot my nose with either a tissue or a blotting paper when I notice shine, maybe add a little powder and im good to go. It doesnt need constant touch ups, perhaps one or two throughout a long day. It holds up really well I find. I alway set this foundation with a good amount of powder, I believe that helps the staying power of it. I have fairly oily skin so powder is always needed for me with any foundation. if your skin is normal or dry, than my guess is that this foundation would work great for you even without powder and probably still last quite a while, but for us oily skinned ladies, use powder, because again with any foundation if you have oily skin, your going to need powder. AND the best part! It does NOT make me break out! In fact I think it MIGHT be helping my skin...ive noticed less acne in the past two weeks that I have been using this foundation, Its like is been healing quicker or somthing...im not too sure what is causing this, wether its the foundation or if my skin is just behaving itself, but either way this product has NOT caused me any breakouts or clogged pores. Plus it has a fantastic pump, finally, a pump from a good drugstore foundation. It is a very controlable pump as well. I quite enjoy the packaging. And it photgraphs beautifully, my skin never looks washed out, it just looks soft and and perfect.

I just love this foundation, I really dont understand why more people are not raving about it, Its a low cost foundation with a high end preformance. My guess is that because it is a NYX product, that because its drugstore that people are overlooking it and assuming that it wont work well. Try it out ladies, seriously, It is a fabulous foundation and I hope that NYX continues to sell it because I will be crushed if it gets discontinued.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to purchase this. Because I wear foundation everyday, it can be kind of expensive and this was about $15 at Ulta so it's affordable. Unfortunately it wasn't for me. I thought it went on pretty streaky and provided almost no coverage at all. Every dry patch and blemish stuck out like crazy. Worst of all it gave me the most awkward zit I've ever had in my life. A giant cyst in the middle of my neck! I guess if you have nearly perfect skin this would be a good choice.

on 8/5/2012 9:28:00 PM

I was excited about this at first, giddy in fact, after discovering the new NYX products at Ulta last summer. Judging from its packaging, name and formula, it's an intended dupe for MUFE HD foundation, and while that one is not my favorite foundation, I like this one even less. Maybe it's just my skin type, which is dry and very fair (not to mention over 35). A lot of people seem to like it very much, which just shows what I always say about foundation; it's personal preference and very subjective.
My gripes were 1) color (the lightest one is a tad too dark and then oxidizes within an hour 2) texture (a little too flat for me) and 3) lasting power (gone within two hours on me). I would also add as a footnote that it doesn't have enough coverage, but I think this is really more an issue of texture, color, and longevity than of coverage alone. There are many foundations, TMs, and BB Cremes with lighter coverage that I like, but those tend to have the right finish--semi-matte, semi-dewy, or dewy-- and color (light enough and with little or no color change due to oxidation). Finally, no foundation, regardless of how well it covers at first, will serve its purpose if gone within an hour.
Don't let a less-than-positive review dissuade you, though. This is affordable, widely available, well packaged, and has gotten love from scores of people. Some of my all-time favorite foundations have been dissed in countless reviews, so again, it's a matter of the individual.