NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.6

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

*update*
I still love how this foundation wears - it lasts a lot longer on me than the MUFE version. However, I am lowering my rating due to the horrendous shade selection.
I don't understand why NYX offers 8 shades, but so many of them are so similar. For example, look for swatch comparisons between #2 Soft Beige and #4 Sand Beige. They are almost identical! #3 Natural is about 2 shades darker than both of these.
Then if you look at #6 Natural Beige and #7 Warm Sand, you'll see that again, they are almost identical in depth, but Warm Sand has more yellow/olive undertones. #5 Medium is oddly orange (I can't imagine anyone actually being that color).
If you are about NC25 you're lucky - #4 Sand beige will be perfect for you, and if it's a bit dark, try #2 - they looked very similar when I swatched them (#2 might be nc20 - i'm not sure). However, if you're in the NC30-35 range, you won't find any matches - #6 and 7 are wonderful shades but they are more for the NC40-42 range. #3 Natural might work for NC35-37 (but it's a lot less yellow) but if you are a bit lighter, it will pull orange.
You will likely have to mix shades for this foundation to work for you. If you're okay with that, definitely try this because it's a great formula! (of course, some have said that they're allergic to an ingredient in it so do a patch test first)
-----
I have been shopping for HD foundations that wear well for almost a year now. I never wore foundation prior to a year ago, so I really had to learn a lot in very little time.
I first tried Revlon Colorstay. It seemed to have a slight white cast, plus the 2 shades closest to my skin tone in the normal/dry formula have pink undertones. Fail.
Then I tried Rimmel Lasting Finish. Wow, talk about minerals reflecting the light! The Colorstay white cast was nothing compared to this.
Then I found Almay TLC. Much better, but the 2 shades I picked out for me (240 neutral and 260 sand) were just a tad too light for my skin tone (and therefore, white cast). Interestingly enough, this foundation did not give me as bad of the ghost face as Rimmel, even tho Almay TLC has SPF. This one lasts and lasts and lasts, and is an awesome foundation, if only there was a right shade for me.
I tried MUFE HD a few times. I got matched to a different one each time I went to Sephora. This is because, out of all the 25 shades, there isn't 1 that matches me perfectly. I guess I have come to accept my in-between-ness when it comes to foundations.
I still wanted to like MUFE HD. I tried it a couple of times (in 127 and 123), but it just melted off my face in a matter of a few hours. I applied it at 8, and by 2, I looked like a big ball of grease.
I also bought NYX HD, first in 04 sand beige, which turned out a little too light for me. I then got 07 warm sand, and mixed the two. Perfect! I wore this to an all day event, applied the foundation at 7, and by 8pm I took a photo and my skin still looked flawless! I was a little shiny in my forehead, but I hadn't even touched up/blotted oil all day, so I found NYX HD to wear extremely well.
Now, it does have a slight flowery scent that I dislike. I don't know why they feel the need to add this scent, and it does smell very similar to the concealer in a jar, as another reviewer commented. However, I'm happy to report that this foundation has yet to break me out, and my skin is extremely sensitive. My forehead often gets little bumps from irritation from a new product.
Overall, I am so excited that I found this foundation. It is priced reasonably enough that I don't mind having to purchase multiple bottles and mixing them. I would like to try 03 natural next time, as I suspect that one may be closer to my skin tone (though it may be less yellow than my skin tone).

on 9/3/2011 10:34:00 PM

My experience with this foundation would have been a lot better had I purchased the correct shade. I bought Sand Beige and it's just a little bit too light for me. Although I do like the application, packaging and staying power, I wish I had purchased the right colour.

I live in Canada, so hopefully NYX will start selling their line in more stores (so far I have only found it at Rexall, and even then I've only seen a few of their items for sale). I think with foundations, it's really important that you be able to test it out in person before you buy it.

on 10/2/2011 7:59:00 PM

i am very impressed by this foundation. i am generally not a fan of liquid and am very picky with which ones i will actually wear. this one glides o9n very easily and feels weightless. i have light to medium beige skin so i mix nude and warm sand to create the perfect color. the bottles are nice and light with a pump and the foundation doesnt settle or separate while sitting in my case for long periods of time. this has a natural matte finish and works very well for photography. this has a pleasant light scent to it and is cruelty free. i highly recommend this and am very happy nyx has improved the quality of their makeup with the new releases that have been coming out.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Nc25 in Mac - 04 is my exact match in Nyx hd foundation. Love it!!! So flawless and lightweight. Blends right into my skin I use a stippling brush!

Amazing foundation for 15$ !

on 4/8/2012 6:04:00 AM

Do I like this product? Why? - Yes, I found that it smooths out fine lines and blurs the skin to make it look more flawless.

Texture? Light/airy feel. It has silicone in it, so it's almost like a foundation and primer in one.

Shade? I'm an NC 37-40. I got the shade Natural Beight 06 and it's perfect for me however....(read below).

Oxidize? YES. I have combination skin, but as of right now I have really dry skin. This foundation does oxidize on me and FAST. I would say after 15 minutes on my face, I see that my face got more orange. I like the texture and flawless look it gives me, so I will buy a shade 04 and mix it with 06 and hopefully the foundation will oxidize to my perfect shade. BTW, 04 was wayyy too light for me, but 05 was wayy too orange. 06 is perfect, but that darn oxidation killed it.

Lasting power? I think it lasts ~4 hours maybe a bit more. I put powder over it...so my judgement may be a bit off. I haven't tried it without putting a setting powder over it.

Would I buy this again? Maybe, if I get the foundation to match me after it oxidizes.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for over two weeks now and really like this foundation. It gives a flawless finish when buffed in with a dense brush. (I usually use an Eco Tools blush brush) bought in sand beige which is perfect for me! It does not help with my oily skin but the coverage and finish are nice so I just powder over it. Lasts pretty well too, I work 12 hr shifts and still looks nice when I get off work. For the price you can't beat this foundation!

THIS HD FOUNDATION IS THE BEST! for 3 years ive been using maybelline gel foundation and i wanted to try revlon photoready because of the coverage but it was so expensive so i bought this and it waaaaas soooo BEAUTIFUL! the shade i bought was a bit darker so what i do is to top it off with press powder and it is so lovely. HIGHLY recommended. i have oily skin, acne prone large pores, white heads, you name it! but this was the best full coverage for me. i still use my gel foundation from maybelline because its so light and natural but this nyx is just the thing! i hoped i helped. in te philippnes it just costs around 650 pesos compare to revlon of 900+++ pesos.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am very happy with my new NYX HD foundation. I already had this foundation in sand beige, but I ordered it in warm sand as well this time. According to the NYX shade list, warm sand is three shades darker than sand beige. But the difference is really in the undertone. Warm sand has strong yellow undertones, while sand beige is more neutral and just slightly yellow. Sand beige is also a bit lighter, of course, but both sand beige and warm sand blend in perfectly with my own skin tone. My skin is fairly yellow, so Iím very happy with this new shade. It also makes me look slightly tanned. I like!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this after reading the glowing review on here. This is actually a decent foundation. For ref, I am an NC35 in PLW, Tawny in ELDW, 310 +330 in Rev CS. I have supremely oily skin and live in a hot and humid climate where on any given day the temp could reach to at least 38-40 degrees. I have an asian yellow undertone
Coverage: This gives a light and true medium coverage and buildable without being cakey. Building is not a problem as it stays somewhat satiny like and doesnt give the mask like effect. You can skip concealer with this, once you've built it up quite a bit. gives a satiny finish.
Shade: It has a good range of shade, but dont be fool by the shade number. I initially got this in Shade 4, thinking its darker than shade 3. But unfortunately i was mistaken. Shade four is lighter than shade 3. Shade 4 has a yellow undertone while shade 3 has a pinky undertone.Anyhow, shade 3 is a good match for me albeit having pinky undertone. Once blended, the undertone was not so obvious.
Texture: Texture isnt thick and isnt runny. Nicely done in the middle, spreads evenly and quite easy to blend and doesnt dry too quickly. Giving you time to blend in properly. I find applying this with fingers or F80 sigmax gives off the most airbrushed and full cover look.
Reaction: No break outs so far.
Wear time: This is the down fall/down side of this foundation. This is all round a great foundation but the wear time sucks. at least on my oily skin, by 3pm (applying it around 7 am), this would have started to disintegrate-meaning by the 8th hour all my acne scars are showing through like i didnt wear any foundation at all. In short, this probably would work so much better for someone with normal/dry skin. Oily skin, not so much..The good part is that it doesnt oxidize on me, stays true to color throughout the day.Doesnt control oil that well, have to blot on the 2nd third hour of wearing.
Packaging and Price: Packaging is nice, comes with a pump, and it dispenses just the right amount of product without being wasteful. Comes in a plastic bottle. Price is pretty expensive plus shipping for a drugstore product.

All in all a pretty decent foundation,would work much better for normal/dry skin...very oily gals should skip this...

on 9/27/2012 12:15:00 PM

So I REALLY wanted to love this foundation. I was so excited to finally get my shade in as Ulta was always sold out. I generally have a 3 strike policy. I want to give something enough chances to see how it really works. First let's start with the packaging. I love it, finally someone paid attention and gave us a pump on the bottle. Most companies can't recognize this as something all women agree on. The conveniece and ease of the packaging was, unfortantly, the best part. The foundation went on streaky no matter what techniuqe I used to apply it. It settled into fine lines and wrinkeles even with primers. The worst part was after I wore it for a while it began to oxidize and change colors turning it into a orange tinted color which looked HORRIBLE. I usually love NYX and they have the best lipglosses on the market, but seriously, their foundation need as much much attention and work to live up to the level of good products we all have come to appreciate with NYX.