NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.4

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

There is so much to say about this foundation. I wanted this foundation because i hate spf in my foundation, i find it useless just apply a cream or sunscreen with spf under cause the spf in makeup doesn't help that much. Moreover, I take a lot of pictures and i hate that ghostly white look. So i decided to buy this. I am an NC 30 and i get this in medium, but it was way too orange for me. and the shade below was pinkish and too light for me. So whatever i bought medium because i would take pictures in night and you can't see the orange-ness in the night.

The coverage of this foundation is amazing, it is medium to slightly full coverage. I even used this as concealer and it looks flawless. I do need concealer just to give a bit coverage. The finish is nice. I loved everything about this foundation, well except the color selection.

ANYWAYS. so why did i rate it so low ?
I DONT have sensitive skin and after the first application, in five minutes i had bumps all over my face. I was allergic to one of their ingredients and its so strange because i never had a problem with foundation before and this is my first foundation that gave me a huge allergic reaction. It's been two days since i tried it on and the bumps are still there.

SO moral of the story is, if you have sensitive or slightly sensitive skin, stay AWAY because if you do try it and get an allergic reaction, i'll be like i told you so. Moreover, even if you don't have sensitive skin like i do just be careful with this.

I guess this foundation was too good to be true. We weren't meant to be and i guess i can't use. I'm mad cause i actually liked this foundation :[

ALSO, if you live in queens new york city you can buy this foundation in jackson heights, a store called optima beauty store. they have the whole nyx line. Just felt like saying that because not everyone can buy nyx products on the internet.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation. It has decent medium coverage, but it can be built up for a more full coverage look. The formulation is light and so far I really like it for summer. The wear is alright, I think I wore it for 8-ish hours before it was gone. This foundation actually looks really good in photos with flash as opposed to other drug store foundations that claim to be HD or Photoready. I purchased the color HD02 Soft Beige. I'm an NC15-NW15, Colorstay buff, Laura Mercier Rose Ivory. The shade is definitely not the right shade. It is probably a full shade darker than my skin, and it is orangey. I was very upset when I first swatched the shade on my hand and then compared it to colorstay because the difference was bad. However, after applying to my face and blending into my neck a bit it looked fine. It made me look at bit peppier, my dull pale skin can make me look dead sometimes. Next time I will probably go with the lightest shade, because it would be a better match.

on 10/2/2011 7:59:00 PM

i am very impressed by this foundation. i am generally not a fan of liquid and am very picky with which ones i will actually wear. this one glides o9n very easily and feels weightless. i have light to medium beige skin so i mix nude and warm sand to create the perfect color. the bottles are nice and light with a pump and the foundation doesnt settle or separate while sitting in my case for long periods of time. this has a natural matte finish and works very well for photography. this has a pleasant light scent to it and is cruelty free. i highly recommend this and am very happy nyx has improved the quality of their makeup with the new releases that have been coming out.

Absolutely love this foundation. LOVE the packaging and how it is a pump. Makes it very sanitary and easy to use. Very reasonable price at $12 CAD, and I love the finish. Just wish it had a tad bit more coverage! I would definitely repurchase.

on 11/19/2011 5:59:00 AM

This foundation was a lovely surprise! Usually I don't even consider buying other foundation rather than my usual MUFE Face&Body but I was out of money so I ordered this, after all Nyx has been doing a lot of thing right.
The first thing you notice is that the package has a pump (bless nyx) and that you can actually see the color of the product inside, furthermore once you use it a little you discover the package is transparent and you're able to see how much foundation you have left.
The coverage is really good! I think it wad the first foundation I've ever used that I didn't feel like I had to use setting powder, it just looks good unsettled (at least for me). Looks natural and polished! It does cover most of the darkness that I have left from a bad sunburn and it never broke me out. Also, I found that it works best for me without primer.
The application can be tricky in the sense that you do have to try some methods and find what works for you. Personally I think applying it with your fingers is best.
I took one lippie out because color wise its hard to get a match, its a lucky guess. Not so much because there are few color available, since you can mix and match, but because I couldnt find swatches. I ended up buying nr 1 and n4, I feel like I could get away using either one but mixing them is a perfect match.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

edit: found that this slightly oxidizes on me. :/ so knocking it down a lippie for that. also, i've found that this applies best with a stippling brush.
let me start this review off by saying that this is my first foundation. so technically, i'm a newbie to this stuff. but i think i've read/watched enough reviews/guides to know what i'm looking for in a foundation. and while NYX HD foundation isn't perfect, it is pretty damn good.
the shade i got, 04 Sand Beige, is a perfect match! well, actually, it's a liiiiittle bit lighter than my face, but it perfectly matched my neck and chest, which was what i was going for. however, i was lucky to be able to find a color match. i'm pretty disappointed in NYX's color range for this foundation. there are no shades available for people on the lighter and darker side of the spectrum. also, even if you do find a shade that's your color, it may end up being the wrong undertone for you. thankfully, Sand Beige is very yellow-toned indeed, so it matches me just right.
the coverage is pretty good as well. it's light-to-medium, i'd say, definitely buildable. i keep it at a light coverage though. i like that it has a light coverage, so that i don't feel like i'm wearing a mask/can let my skin breathe. keep in mind that i'm only using foundation to even out my skintone, not to cover up any significant scars/acne/etc. so if that's what you're looking for, this foundation may not offer enough coverage.
the finish is good, just not what i was expecting. i expected it to be dewier! on me, the finish is almost matte, but not quite, with a little bit of sheen on my forehead and cheekbones (it isn't greasy looking, it just looks like i'm naturally glowy, which is cool). it does make my skin look pretty flawless though!
the wear is good. i went through the entire school day without it wearing one bit. of course, almost everything has a longer wear time on me because my skin is so dry.
the ONE thing i didn't like is that, if i'm not careful when applying, the foundation makes my forehead look flakey, which is a bummer. it doesn't do this on the rest of my face, just my forehead!
so yeah. this was my first experience with foundation, and i must say i'm pretty pleased! this was my first day wearing it, so i can't be sure if it will break me out or not. if it does, i'll update this review. i don't think it will, as i don't have sensitive skin. so far, everything seems good! it's definitely worth the money i paid for it ($11.99 on cherryculture). if you're looking for an inexpensive foundation that will look good in pictures, this is a good bet!

on 1/30/2012 12:39:00 PM

I'm loving it!! Ordered of ebay for a few $$ cheaper. It works well with my dry skin I start with a washed & moisturized skin then apply with a flat top brush. I would say it's a medium coverage but could probably layer on for full. Easy to wash as well. I would def order again.

on 2/8/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This looks glowy and beautiful, but it oxidizes and gets darker the longer I have it on. Also it does feel slightly heavy/ tight on my skin. I dont like that feeling. I like my foundations to feel dry. This feels creamy on me and takes forever to dry and mesh with my skin. For the price, it's really nice. I still prefer my Laura Mercier Oil-free or Revlon Color stay over this.

on 2/19/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin in extremely dry and I've been having troubles finding a foundation that doesn't accentuate that. I saw this online and took a chance by ordering the lightest shade (Nude 01), I'm very pale with yellow undertones and this shade fit me almost perfectly (maybe just a smidgen too light).

I wear this foundation without a primer and apply it with a flat top brush and it blends easily into the skin, cancels any redness, hides small pimples and best of all makes my skin look healthy with a semi-matte finish without clinging on to my dry patches! Due to my dry skin I don't set it with a powder, but it still stays put for roughly 10 hrs, which I find impressive! As an added bonus your skin will look fan-friggin-tastic on photographs when you wear this foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Combo skinned, NC25. Sand beige was a good match. Application was easy and glided well. Fresh application looked nice. But oop - not three hours later was this already starting to cake on me and oxidize as well.