NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.4

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This product, although not perfect, is magnificent for it's price.
I use it in Warm Sand, and it fits my tanned skin perfectly. It has a lot of yellow/orange pigment (hence the name Warm Sand), and it covers all of the redness, broken vessels, and acnes on my face perfectly. I need a little bit of concealer to cover the very dark acne scar, but for the milder scars I don't need any concealer at all.
It's not matte, a little bit dewy, and it doesn't make my oily face greasy like a frying pan (though I do have to touch up my face with powder every 2-3 hr). The smell is a tiny bit weird, but it's gone after a minute anyway.

Pros:
- Medium to heavy coverage, and it's buildable
- No ashiness at all on my tan skin (which is hard to get from drugstore foundations)
- Cheap price
- Could stay up to 6-7 hr when you use it with a primer
- Truly HD, you could take pictures with as much flash as you like
- Hygienic since it comes with a pump

Cons:
- A little bit heavy on the face, unlike MUFE HD Foundation
- Plastic packaging (but with the price, who am I to complain)

Will I buy it again? Yes, this is definitely my fave drugstore foundation.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

What a disappointment! I always buy the NYX primers and I love them, but the foundation is horrible. It felt way too oily, I was looking for something nice and matte but this make my skin so shiny and gross looking. The coverage wasn't anything special either.

Looking at the name, a buyer can make the connection between this and Make Up For Ever's HD foundation. I assume that this foundation was created to be a $15 dupe of the $44 Make Up For Ever one. Having been an owner of the latter high end foundation (and curious to try out a NYX face product, since I have not owned many of their products), I decided to give this one a go! I've also been in need of a replacement for a specific color, and this foundation seemed to fit the bill.
Firstly, I noticed, when I was sampling the colors, that there weren't many shade choices. 5, if I recall correctly. So, unless you have skin that can uncannily match one of these five diverse shades, then it will be difficult to find a perfect match. The color that I was looking for turned out to be 02 Soft Beige, and it seemed very pale when I first tested it. However, once I bought it and tested it on my face, it turned out to be a darker color. These shades are in the darker range; I am naturally very fair-skinned, and I will not be able to wear this foundation unless I am tanned.So, I guess this foundation will only be useful for a month or two of the year! Also, they are somewhat orange-toned. Not Jersey Shore orange, but definitely not neutral, either. Just a heads-up.
The actual consistency of the foundation was interesting. It's very flowy and liquidy when you first dispense it, but once you start to blend it, it turns out to be a thick, medium coverage foundation. You definitely need a brush for this, if you want coverage that isn't streaky. However, it does cover most imperfections, and does a great job of evening out skin tone. I usually don't use concealer with this! The finish itself is very dewy, and gives a nice glow- personally, I wouldn't risk getting photos done with this foundation, because it is quite reflective.
Staying power is all right- not perfect, but can last the whole day with primer, but still can smudge easily if you're oily. What I found interesting, and liked a lot, was the smell of this foundation. It is pretty strong, and very chemical, but it smells like pleasant chemicals, for lack of a better description. :) Overall, I do not think of this as anything to rave over- it is a decent foundation, just living up to my personal expectations. I recommend this foundation, but not with overflowing enthusiasm.
As for its performance compared with MUFE's foundation, I prefer the MUFE. I absolutely loved that foundation, and this one didn't live up quite as well. If you're wondering which one is better, I'd spend the $44 on the MUFE one.

on 5/12/2013 12:40:00 AM

Pleasantly surprised by this product. It provided great coverage and stayed all day. Applied over primer and set with mineral powder. Will definitely purchase again.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. This left my face looking chalky right off the bat, & after a few hours it had completely faded off and/or cracked in patches. For the record, I put this on my freshly washed & exfoliated face after following up with moisturizer AND Smashbox foundation primer. I had high hopes for this as a MUFE dupe, but it doesn't even come close. NYX is amazing at making high quality dupes, but this foundation is not one of their better ones. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is my everyday foundation. The lightest shade (Nude) is an excellent match for my very pale, yellow undertone (think NC5-10/Nars Siberia/L'Oreal W1) skin. It's one of the few "drugstore" foundations in existence that's light enough for me without being too pink. Coverage is light to medium, and I find it easily buildable to medium with no caking. It doesn't cover all blemishes but it does cancel mild redness on my cheeks. One pump is enough for light coverage, another half pump if I want more coverage in problem areas. You're never going to get flawless coverage with this unless you already have excellent skin -- this foundation's strength is in a natural, everyday look.

It doesn't oxidize on me, doesn't pool in my large-ish pores, doesn't break me out. It doesn't contain sunscreen, which I love because I prefer to do that as a separate step. I've never noticed a scent and I'm usually very sensitive to scented products. This foundation's worst (maybe only) fault is its staying power. I can get 4, maybe 5 hours of wear before fading becomes noticeable. Primer helps. Recently I've been using it over Tarte's new BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Fair, which is a little on the pink side but it doubles the wear time and gives a slight coverage boost. One other thing: I don't like the way my pressed powders look with this foundation. (Maybe it doesn't like the talc, and really, who can blame it?) I suggest a loose finishing powder instead -- e.l.f. Studio HD powder pairs beautifully with this. If using a talc-based powder with this foundation, use a fluffy brush and a very light hand.

on 2/1/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I remember reading reviews for this and running to a local store that sells some NYX products and couldn't find this on the shelf and asked the lady when they're getting it in and she said they won't be getting it. Oh the perks of being from South Africa.... fast forward a year or so and I finally had the opportunity as I got a Amazon gift card and first thing to come up was MAKE-UP of course and then this product came to mind and it was decided that i'd get it.For the price (if converted to my currency) it seemed like a bargain.

It arrived after 2 weeks and I was quite impressed by how slick the bottle is. It came with a pump and I have it in Soft Beige Color match was perfect! It was my first time buying foundation online so of course I was a bit terrified but match was good. Now on to the actual foundation...

The coverage wasn't so great for me. This was the first thing I noticed when applying. Note, I don't ever use my fingers/hands though to apply foundation. I either use a stippling brush or my beauty blender sponge. I had to go over my face three times to feel "okay" about my face. It seemed to blend smoothly though and wasn't difficult to work with. But to me the big letdown came with the finish. I hated it. I didn't like how it made my face look afterwards. I wouldn't say it made my face look dry but it just didn't have a "wow" finish like I'd get with some of my other foundations. Lasting power on this foundation also sucks. It starts to fade quickly and after a few hours it looks like I practically never put anything on it. In hot weather it also oxidized on my skin and my nose went really oily.

As for it's photogenic HD claims. I can't vouch for this. I didn't notice a particular difference. In fact I don't buy into all these hd claims. I've used a hd powder before and it made my face look far WORSE than better on camera. I wouldn't buy this again. It didn't work and for the hassle to get it for me it would be stupid to waste money on it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a very oily skin and yet, this foundation works amazingly well. Don't think that this control oil, this is not what this product is for. If you have oily skin or very oily skin you'll get shiny, difference is that you won't get more shinier than what expected with no makeup on your face.

This foundation is easy to apply, it blends very well and the color is the perfect match for me (Natural 03). I have acne scarring, undereye circles and fine lines around the eyes so this foundation being light-medium coverage doesn't cover any of those problems. I have to use concealer and proper blending to correct those issues but I rather use this foundation than a matte/full-coverage foundation and because being the perfect color match my pores aren't visible. After applying this I use a tissue to absorb the oil that this foundation has in its formula, then I use setting powder (Palladio rice loose powder in Translucent) and that make the trick. It lasts 3 hours without blotting and lasts about 6 hours on my cheeks where I have normal skin.

Revlon's Color Stay or Estee Lauder's Double Wear are supposed to work better on oily skins and they do if you like matte long lasting finish; on me those foundations look okay but not as natural as this one. My face looks healthier with a slight dewy look without looking oily.

I would repurchase for sure. The only warning is that this foundation sets on fine lines so be sure to blend and set with a translucent powder.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to purchase this. Because I wear foundation everyday, it can be kind of expensive and this was about $15 at Ulta so it's affordable. Unfortunately it wasn't for me. I thought it went on pretty streaky and provided almost no coverage at all. Every dry patch and blemish stuck out like crazy. Worst of all it gave me the most awkward zit I've ever had in my life. A giant cyst in the middle of my neck! I guess if you have nearly perfect skin this would be a good choice.

on 7/23/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i love this foundation, it gives you a radiant glow and looks like a second skin, and even lasts pretty well too! i set it with the nyx hd powder foundation for a little extra coverage since it is pretty light coverage. only reason i didn't give it 5 lipsticks is because the lightest shade is a bit too pink for me,but the nyx powder i use over it is pretty yellow so it balances it out.

As for it being flash friendly, i don't think so. since it has light reflecting particles, while it makes your face look luminous,also reflects flash (as most foundations do). But for HD film or outdoor/non flash photography i would highly recommend it especially for the price!