NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.8

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 9/3/2011 10:34:00 PM

My experience with this foundation would have been a lot better had I purchased the correct shade. I bought Sand Beige and it's just a little bit too light for me. Although I do like the application, packaging and staying power, I wish I had purchased the right colour.

I live in Canada, so hopefully NYX will start selling their line in more stores (so far I have only found it at Rexall, and even then I've only seen a few of their items for sale). I think with foundations, it's really important that you be able to test it out in person before you buy it.

on 1/25/2012 6:13:00 PM

A great foundation!! To start, I'm around a NC-25 and the Sand Biege 04 shade works perfectly for me. I've never been much of a foundation wearer because of the shade selection for my very yellow-based skin tone as well as worrying about streaking, application time, etc. With that said, if I ever want any coverage, I usually use a BB cream since I can apply it with my fingers like a moisturizer. The problem is with its high SPF content, flash photography is horrible with BB creams... hence I needed a non-SPF foundation for those nights out and photos will be taken.

NYX HD foundation turned out to be perfect for this! The color match is spot on. I can apply with my fingers or use a flat top brush (which I found to be much faster and more dewy). I had a very nice glow in my flash photos. Definitely awesome! The bottle is plastic but it does have a pump which helps things stay hygienic. The texture also not truly a liquid (like colorstay) but thicker like a thin moisturizer. Coverage is light to medium. Price is around $15, which I found to be way worth it since it was in every way, what I needed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

THANK YOU NYX! I use this along with the NYX HD primer and the results... my skin looks flawless, poreless, and beautiful! Cancels redness and pimples. The HD concealer is amazing, too. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to fake flawless skin without looking cakey, flakey, or overall gross. Looks very natural, but again, flawless. Dunno how you did it, NYX, but I am very impressed. Can't wait to go purchase the rest of the HD line.

I never had high expectations for this foundation, simply because of the limited reviews and lack of knowledge on shade availability---I ordered this online and shipped to Canada. With that being said, I took a gamble and won! I am generally NC20-25 and purchased this in the shade 04 Sand Beige. This shade matches quite well and doesn't oxidize, and I do have an oily tzone.

This blends so easily and is workable with a brush, sponge, or even just your fingertips. My favourite method is with a beauty blender as the finish is very natural. This doesn't dry immediately, so you do have a bit of time to work with it. I don't wear a primer with this, but do apply this over an SPF 55 sunscreen, as this doesn't contain any, and it has lasted from 8am to 10pm, with only a touch up on my nose with some blot powder. I can't say for sure this will work that well on it's own, as I never go a day without sunscreen and don't plan to do so. The packaging is okay---plastic pump bottle with a lid. However, at $15 USD I would expect something more substantial.

On a sidenote, this is nothing like the MUFE HD foundation. While they both photograph nicely, this has light to medium coverage whereas I would say the MUFE has medium to full coverage. The MUFE truly gives a flawless look, whereas this still requires some extra concealing/layering of products to acheive the same look MUFE gives. This does feel lighter on the skin than MUFE, but again, the coverage is not as heavy. I would purchase this again, and would venture into more of the HD lineup.

UPDATE:
You can now purchase this at select London Drugs locations for $17.99 CDN, where testers are available. There are only eight shades to choose from at this time, along with 4 shades of the HD powder to choose from.

**The full line of NYX is not available, but select shades from their more popular products are**

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've use this foundation everyday for about 4 months now. My skin type is dry but since it's summer, it transitioned itself to combination. I'm NC 25/NC30 and I got the shade 04 Sand Beige and the match is perfect! The first few months of using this, I loved it. It was HG status. The finish was radiant, I looked healthy and natural. Coverage was light-medium. One of the reasons I bought this was because it had a pump however, it broken within 2 weeks. However, since summer started the finish of the foundation seemed to change for me. It's a lot more matte and dull on me which kind of confused me since my face is more oily than usual. I've used up about half the bottle and I'm going to finish using up the rest. I probably would buy this again because I have this thought in the back of my mind that if I buy it again the finish will be radiant again but at the same time, I like trying new foundations.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I am very happy with my new NYX HD foundation. I already had this foundation in sand beige, but I ordered it in warm sand as well this time. According to the NYX shade list, warm sand is three shades darker than sand beige. But the difference is really in the undertone. Warm sand has strong yellow undertones, while sand beige is more neutral and just slightly yellow. Sand beige is also a bit lighter, of course, but both sand beige and warm sand blend in perfectly with my own skin tone. My skin is fairly yellow, so I’m very happy with this new shade. It also makes me look slightly tanned. I like!

on 8/20/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

We just got a NYX rack at the beauty supply store I work at and I have been told I'm glowing by so many people after using this! I've tried it in combination with the primers.

Pros:
Does't make skin any oilier,
Smooth application,
Sheer but buildable, covers discoloration,
Gives a glowing look with a bit of sheer powder on top

Cons:
More like a TM with a single application,
Not as long lasting as I'd like.

Edit: I have a 50% discount, so this would be worth it for me to buy. However, there are better foundations for cheaper at the drugstore, especially Revlon CS Whipped and CG 3-in-1 for those of us blessed with oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this after reading the glowing review on here. This is actually a decent foundation. For ref, I am an NC35 in PLW, Tawny in ELDW, 310 +330 in Rev CS. I have supremely oily skin and live in a hot and humid climate where on any given day the temp could reach to at least 38-40 degrees. I have an asian yellow undertone
Coverage: This gives a light and true medium coverage and buildable without being cakey. Building is not a problem as it stays somewhat satiny like and doesnt give the mask like effect. You can skip concealer with this, once you've built it up quite a bit. gives a satiny finish.
Shade: It has a good range of shade, but dont be fool by the shade number. I initially got this in Shade 4, thinking its darker than shade 3. But unfortunately i was mistaken. Shade four is lighter than shade 3. Shade 4 has a yellow undertone while shade 3 has a pinky undertone.Anyhow, shade 3 is a good match for me albeit having pinky undertone. Once blended, the undertone was not so obvious.
Texture: Texture isnt thick and isnt runny. Nicely done in the middle, spreads evenly and quite easy to blend and doesnt dry too quickly. Giving you time to blend in properly. I find applying this with fingers or F80 sigmax gives off the most airbrushed and full cover look.
Reaction: No break outs so far.
Wear time: This is the down fall/down side of this foundation. This is all round a great foundation but the wear time sucks. at least on my oily skin, by 3pm (applying it around 7 am), this would have started to disintegrate-meaning by the 8th hour all my acne scars are showing through like i didnt wear any foundation at all. In short, this probably would work so much better for someone with normal/dry skin. Oily skin, not so much..The good part is that it doesnt oxidize on me, stays true to color throughout the day.Doesnt control oil that well, have to blot on the 2nd third hour of wearing.
Packaging and Price: Packaging is nice, comes with a pump, and it dispenses just the right amount of product without being wasteful. Comes in a plastic bottle. Price is pretty expensive plus shipping for a drugstore product.

All in all a pretty decent foundation,would work much better for normal/dry skin...very oily gals should skip this...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really liked this product and am so disappointed that I can't use it again. :( The lightest color is absolutely perfect for me. The packaging is a dream, I much prefer the pump to a bottle like Revlon's Colorstay (horrible). The coverage is just perfect for me as well, I would say that it's pretty heavy-duty without feeling heavy at all.
That being said, I believe this broke me out. After using I suddenly had all these breakouts on my cheeks and could not figure out what it was from; one by one I stopped using all of my products to try to isolate the culprit, and then eventually looked at the ingredients of this foundation. And I found that there is oil in it, which does make me upset... I may have continued using this foundation otherwise.
Also, though, when I applied it to my whole face I could easily see the blending marks and feel it on my skin like grease. I think it would be better for girls with dry skin.

on 5/19/2014 10:37:00 PM

Talc-free. Heavy coverage, but tends to be chalky and settles into fine lines and emphasizes dryness and wrinkles. I always use this with a BB cream or moisturizer, otherwise it's too drying. The finished look appears more matte and heavy. I wouldn't repurchase, since I prefer the more natural look that comes with BB creams.