NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.7

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

I purchased the lightest shade "nude" for my fair complexion and combination skin. The colour is a great match, very neutral with slight yellowish undertones. For reference I wear MAC NC15 or NW15, Laura Mercier Rose Ivory, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, MUFE 20-Ivory, and Nars Deauville.
This foundation provides me with light coverage that I can build up to medium, but if I attempt a more full coverage it looks cakey and thick. The finish is semi-matte and slightly glowy, but I think that is were the "light diffusing" properties that NYX claims comes into play. This foundation does photograph really well and makes my complexion look fabulous. Even better this works for me as day-to-day foundation as it wears very well for about 8 to 10 hours if I pair it with a primer. I notice around the 4 hour mark I need to blot and powder, but that is pretty normal for me and my oily t-zone.
Overall I really have been enjoying this foundation and love that it has a pump! I have had no concerns with sensitivities or clogged up pores using this foundation. The one downside to this foundation is it has a slight baby powder scent, reminds me of the NYX concealer in a jar smell. Fortunately I find the scent isn't as strong as the concealer in a jar and quickly dissipates.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

*update*
I still love how this foundation wears - it lasts a lot longer on me than the MUFE version. However, I am lowering my rating due to the horrendous shade selection.
I don't understand why NYX offers 8 shades, but so many of them are so similar. For example, look for swatch comparisons between #2 Soft Beige and #4 Sand Beige. They are almost identical! #3 Natural is about 2 shades darker than both of these.
Then if you look at #6 Natural Beige and #7 Warm Sand, you'll see that again, they are almost identical in depth, but Warm Sand has more yellow/olive undertones. #5 Medium is oddly orange (I can't imagine anyone actually being that color).
If you are about NC25 you're lucky - #4 Sand beige will be perfect for you, and if it's a bit dark, try #2 - they looked very similar when I swatched them (#2 might be nc20 - i'm not sure). However, if you're in the NC30-35 range, you won't find any matches - #6 and 7 are wonderful shades but they are more for the NC40-42 range. #3 Natural might work for NC35-37 (but it's a lot less yellow) but if you are a bit lighter, it will pull orange.
You will likely have to mix shades for this foundation to work for you. If you're okay with that, definitely try this because it's a great formula! (of course, some have said that they're allergic to an ingredient in it so do a patch test first)
-----
I have been shopping for HD foundations that wear well for almost a year now. I never wore foundation prior to a year ago, so I really had to learn a lot in very little time.
I first tried Revlon Colorstay. It seemed to have a slight white cast, plus the 2 shades closest to my skin tone in the normal/dry formula have pink undertones. Fail.
Then I tried Rimmel Lasting Finish. Wow, talk about minerals reflecting the light! The Colorstay white cast was nothing compared to this.
Then I found Almay TLC. Much better, but the 2 shades I picked out for me (240 neutral and 260 sand) were just a tad too light for my skin tone (and therefore, white cast). Interestingly enough, this foundation did not give me as bad of the ghost face as Rimmel, even tho Almay TLC has SPF. This one lasts and lasts and lasts, and is an awesome foundation, if only there was a right shade for me.
I tried MUFE HD a few times. I got matched to a different one each time I went to Sephora. This is because, out of all the 25 shades, there isn't 1 that matches me perfectly. I guess I have come to accept my in-between-ness when it comes to foundations.
I still wanted to like MUFE HD. I tried it a couple of times (in 127 and 123), but it just melted off my face in a matter of a few hours. I applied it at 8, and by 2, I looked like a big ball of grease.
I also bought NYX HD, first in 04 sand beige, which turned out a little too light for me. I then got 07 warm sand, and mixed the two. Perfect! I wore this to an all day event, applied the foundation at 7, and by 8pm I took a photo and my skin still looked flawless! I was a little shiny in my forehead, but I hadn't even touched up/blotted oil all day, so I found NYX HD to wear extremely well.
Now, it does have a slight flowery scent that I dislike. I don't know why they feel the need to add this scent, and it does smell very similar to the concealer in a jar, as another reviewer commented. However, I'm happy to report that this foundation has yet to break me out, and my skin is extremely sensitive. My forehead often gets little bumps from irritation from a new product.
Overall, I am so excited that I found this foundation. It is priced reasonably enough that I don't mind having to purchase multiple bottles and mixing them. I would like to try 03 natural next time, as I suspect that one may be closer to my skin tone (though it may be less yellow than my skin tone).

i really love this foundation! my shade is sand beige. (mac=NC25, revlon colorstay=sand beige)
so perfect color to me :) it's buildable/blendable.
i have a oily skin. combination of this foundation + mac blot powder keep my skin matt which is also wonderful.
and i love the fact that this product is in plastic container, not the glass heavy/breakable one.
i'll purchase this fondation again absolutely!!

on 1/21/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this to replace my MUFE HD foundation which is a bit out of my price range at the moment. I ordered it for $13 on ebay, and couldn't be happier with my decision to try NYX's budget-friendly version! The lightest shade, HDFO1 ("Nude") is definitely too dark for my NW10/15 skin, but it mixes well with my Manic Panic White Foundation to create the perfect shade. I am thinking of adding the white foundation to the bottle (you can unscrew the pump! very cool), but for now I just mix a dab of the white with a pump of the NYX HD and stipple it on with a brush. I'll apply it with my fingertips if I'm in a rush, and it looks great that way too. If I don't set with a powder the finish will start to look oily after a few hours of wear, but the coverage is still there, and any flakiness I might have doesn't seem to show through. I really love this foundation for my acne/combination skin as it doesn't seem to break me out like Revlon Colorstay, and it plays well with any little bumps or dry patches you might have due to an acne treatment regimen. Used with a setting powder or a pressed powder touch it does the job for me! I would repurchase.

on 4/8/2012 6:04:00 AM

Do I like this product? Why? - Yes, I found that it smooths out fine lines and blurs the skin to make it look more flawless.

Texture? Light/airy feel. It has silicone in it, so it's almost like a foundation and primer in one.

Shade? I'm an NC 37-40. I got the shade Natural Beight 06 and it's perfect for me however....(read below).

Oxidize? YES. I have combination skin, but as of right now I have really dry skin. This foundation does oxidize on me and FAST. I would say after 15 minutes on my face, I see that my face got more orange. I like the texture and flawless look it gives me, so I will buy a shade 04 and mix it with 06 and hopefully the foundation will oxidize to my perfect shade. BTW, 04 was wayyy too light for me, but 05 was wayy too orange. 06 is perfect, but that darn oxidation killed it.

Lasting power? I think it lasts ~4 hours maybe a bit more. I put powder over it...so my judgement may be a bit off. I haven't tried it without putting a setting powder over it.

Would I buy this again? Maybe, if I get the foundation to match me after it oxidizes.

on 5/16/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this would be my HG foundation since I bought it... when I first used it, my skin was quite oily and the colour matched beautifully... but over the next few hours I observed it was a bit orange/peach (I do need a yellow undertone) but it wasn't so bad when set with powder, still much better than a lot of foundations I'd used before.

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) my skin has been transitioning from quite oily to now combination... so I have dry patches where I've had breakouts and the foundation really emphasises those dry patches when I apply it. It looks pretty horrendous on those areas actually!

Despite that, I wore this foundation while getting some passport photos taken as I didn't want a white cast on my face for 10 years in some photo, and being an 'HD' foundation, this certainly did the job and left no yucky white cast (which would have left my skin looking very ashy) which was great.

This foundation photographs well and is light to medium coverage in my opinion. It would definitely suit oily skin but not so much if you have lots of dry patches especially from where breakouts were as it does tend to emphasise any dry skin, which is unfortunate

I really like this foundation but since my skin is changing, my needs are changing and I can't give it as many lippies as it probably deserves!

on 6/20/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation so much. I have blackheads on my nose which rise a bit higher then the rest of my skin (so annoying and embarrassing) But this foundation literally BLURS them from focus. I was driving in my car on a sunny day, and looked at myself in my car mirror, and WOW, I glowed, and my skin really did look blurred, in an airbrushed form. I never had any foundation look this way on my skin before (and i've tried many) The coverage is light to medium, I wouldn't say it covers dark circles, spots, or blemishes, but I use a concealer so it's ok. It has a floral smell to it that doesn't bother me. I really LOVE this foundation and i'm actually saving it for special occasions and dates. :) Only issue I have with it is the packaging - it is a bit cheap. The entire thing is plastic, and my pump got stuck a few times, but I'll deal with it. The product is great. The price is about $15 dollars i believe, but I got mine for $10. WORTH IT.

on 7/4/2012 3:47:00 AM

Oh my gosh! I honestly cannot believe how great this foundation is. I purchased it on a bit of a whim during my most recent trip to the grocery store. And I really was not expecting much from it, but woah was I wrong.

I'll start out by saying that I was previosuly using Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin. I feel like I have always had a love/hate relationship with that foundation. I love the coverage...but I hate the feeling. Love the staying power...but hate how it looks absolutely terrible on ANY patch of dry skin, and it doesnt matter how well I exfoliated/moisturized, it's as if it went out of its way to find my dry spots and just cling to them. I loved how it did not break me out...but hated how the lightest shade available was still a little too dark for my skin. I could never just throw it on and go...no it needed careful blending. Even when I mixed it with my moisturizer it still did not match my skin any better. Also I found that despite my lightest application, I could never get Colorstay to really just blend in perfectly or give me that naturally flawless look, no matter what you could always just tell it was there.

Now on to the NYX foundation. My goodness, SO much better than Colorstay. It is so light. I mean honest I could plaster on multiple coats of this stuff, and it would probably still feel just absolutely wieghtless. It blends in BEAUTIFULLY, I never have to worry about my face looking like a different color than my neck. I dont have to work to blend this foundation in, as soon as I put it on i can just quickly rub it in without trying or being careful and it looks great. And finally I have found a foundation thats matches my skin PERFECTLY! I purchased the lightest shade (Nude) and it is just dead on for my skin, finally a brand has come out with a shade for us fair skinned ladies that does not come off looking orange or ashy. The coverage is great, Its not as strong as Colorstay, but it is very buildable. I find that with two pumps I am totally satisfied with the coverage. Two pumps covers most of my acne scars and discoloration. You will have to go in with concealer for any active acne or really dark scarring but you need to to that with any foundation really, even with Colorstay. One pump I find is all I need for a good evening out of my skin tone for days when I want to wear minimal makeup but still look fresh and pretty. It really brightens my face up and just makes it look so soft, almost airbrushed I find. As for the longevity of this product, It does not last as long as Colorstay, but I dont find that to be an issue, I get 6-8 hours of wear without touchups from this foundation before it starts to really wear down on me. Usually I just make sure to blot my nose with either a tissue or a blotting paper when I notice shine, maybe add a little powder and im good to go. It doesnt need constant touch ups, perhaps one or two throughout a long day. It holds up really well I find. I alway set this foundation with a good amount of powder, I believe that helps the staying power of it. I have fairly oily skin so powder is always needed for me with any foundation. if your skin is normal or dry, than my guess is that this foundation would work great for you even without powder and probably still last quite a while, but for us oily skinned ladies, use powder, because again with any foundation if you have oily skin, your going to need powder. AND the best part! It does NOT make me break out! In fact I think it MIGHT be helping my skin...ive noticed less acne in the past two weeks that I have been using this foundation, Its like is been healing quicker or somthing...im not too sure what is causing this, wether its the foundation or if my skin is just behaving itself, but either way this product has NOT caused me any breakouts or clogged pores. Plus it has a fantastic pump, finally, a pump from a good drugstore foundation. It is a very controlable pump as well. I quite enjoy the packaging. And it photgraphs beautifully, my skin never looks washed out, it just looks soft and and perfect.

I just love this foundation, I really dont understand why more people are not raving about it, Its a low cost foundation with a high end preformance. My guess is that because it is a NYX product, that because its drugstore that people are overlooking it and assuming that it wont work well. Try it out ladies, seriously, It is a fabulous foundation and I hope that NYX continues to sell it because I will be crushed if it gets discontinued.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I was pretty committed to my Smashbox 15-hour but have a hard time putting the expensive stuff on when I know I'm just running to the grocery store or something. I read the positive reviews here and decided to just get it and am so glad I did. I bought this several months ago and have almost completely stopped wearing the Smashbox 15-hour - this NYX really is a lot better! I am NC25-NC30 and wear Sand Beige. The coverage is amazing - I apply with a damp sponge and can layer the results if I need to. The consistency is very spreadable but the coverage on my acne scars and hyperpigmentation is like that of a traditional foundation. My skin really does look nicer in photography, too - very smooth and even. When I get a new ULTA coupon I will likely go buy a 2nd, and possibly a 3rd, bottle.

on 8/5/2012 9:28:00 PM

I was excited about this at first, giddy in fact, after discovering the new NYX products at Ulta last summer. Judging from its packaging, name and formula, it's an intended dupe for MUFE HD foundation, and while that one is not my favorite foundation, I like this one even less. Maybe it's just my skin type, which is dry and very fair (not to mention over 35). A lot of people seem to like it very much, which just shows what I always say about foundation; it's personal preference and very subjective.
My gripes were 1) color (the lightest one is a tad too dark and then oxidizes within an hour 2) texture (a little too flat for me) and 3) lasting power (gone within two hours on me). I would also add as a footnote that it doesn't have enough coverage, but I think this is really more an issue of texture, color, and longevity than of coverage alone. There are many foundations, TMs, and BB Cremes with lighter coverage that I like, but those tend to have the right finish--semi-matte, semi-dewy, or dewy-- and color (light enough and with little or no color change due to oxidation). Finally, no foundation, regardless of how well it covers at first, will serve its purpose if gone within an hour.
Don't let a less-than-positive review dissuade you, though. This is affordable, widely available, well packaged, and has gotten love from scores of people. Some of my all-time favorite foundations have been dissed in countless reviews, so again, it's a matter of the individual.